World Class bar is on the Infinity, to our pleasant surprise!

Quarantined

IMG_6041.thumb.jpeg.7e1370ed691c9d20f4d35ebf7f71bcb7.jpeg
Halfway through our cruise I suddenly noticed that the app listed the World Class bar as open on deck 5. After much confusion and trying to find where it was located, as we’ve never seen a World Class bar on the M class before, we asked a member of the staff and were told that the gelato place turns into the World Class at 5 pm. 

Lo and behold, this was indeed true! Judging by the lack of other guests it seems that others are just as ignorant of it’s existence on board as we where up until a few hours ago. 

Our first sips of our first order was up to par, so I’m certain we will be visiting most coming evenings as well!

IMG_6042.thumb.jpeg.93bc64163d7e4693c69f5709b5616ed0.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

A few years back, the World Class Bar was on the Summit -- in the exact same place on Deck 5.  It did not last long.  It was closed due to lack of business!  Hopefully it fares better on Infinity than it did on Summit.

1 hour ago, thebutlerdidit said:

Thanks for spreading the word on this. I normally walk past the Gelateria without even glancing at it. It does draw my attention when they’re cooking waffle cones. 🤤 

I was so surprised! We had walked past several times in the evening without noticing the switch over to the bar!

1 hour ago, jcpc said:

A few years back, the World Class Bar was on the Summit -- in the exact same place on Deck 5.  It did not last long.  It was closed due to lack of business!  Hopefully it fares better on Infinity than it did on Summit.

I don’t think it was called the WCB.   It had some other name.   The drink menu was on a few IPads and I think that was confusing for many, especially when they didn’t work properly.     The drinks were different than the WCB and most of them were smoked.   

Another problem was the staff.  I think we’re they shared somewhere else.   One time when the bar was supposed to be open we sat there for 20 minutes and there was no BT in sight.   People would come up and leave because of that.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

1 hour ago, miched said:

I don’t think it was called the WCB.   It had some other name.   The drink menu was on a few IPads and I think that was confusing for many, especially when they didn’t work properly.     The drinks were different than the WCB and most of them were smoked.   

Another problem was the staff.  I think we’re they shared somewhere else.   One time when the bar was supposed to be open we sat there for 20 minutes and there was no BT in sight.   People would come up and leave because of that.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

When I was there, no ipads were there with the menu.  The menu (consisting of about 5 or 6 drinks) was typed on a piece of paper and was in a plastic holder standing up at the bar.  But you're right.......no bartender was ever around (maybe the guys from Al Bacio were supposed to cover this bar!).  I don't remember the exact name of the bar but in my mind the menu was very similar to the types of drinks served at the WCB.

2 hours ago, marieps said:

Hope this spreads to other M class ships.

I agree, we've been losing interest in the 'M' ships and our 2025 Japan reservation on Millennium is hanging by a thread at the moment between the attraction of MSC Yacht Club, and the lack of the World Class bar, Murano etc. 

Adding the World Class bar would make a difference for us.

• Like 1

The WCB is a great addition to the Beyond.  Hopefully the other E class ships will add it.  Eden Bar is nice but it gets very crowded when they have the nightly shows.  The WCB is more secluded and not a high activity bar on the ships 

It would be fantastic if all of the M Class ships adds the WCB.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Hello,

I remember when the venue was called 'The Molecular Bar' and it served cocktails with, I think, liquid nitrogen. I know X calls it the 'World Class Bar' but a plaque at the entrance on Silhouette announces "The World Class Bartenders Selection" - so is it not the bartenders that are 'world class'?

I would not say they give 'world class service' as my experience on Silhouette was 'there's the menu - it's one of those or nothing'.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Yes love it.  But i hear that the WBC no longer offers Zacapa rum.  They switched this year due to some issue with their agreement.

That would be disappointing…… they had Zacapa rum on the Beyond in Feb/March when I was on her for 3 sailings. Hoping they still have it in September 

17 hours ago, marieps said:

Hope this spreads to other M class ships.

My friend (beverage manager) told me they were going to do this.  He said I will be able to get my favorite world class drinks on all ships eventually.   

I love sitting on the S class ships the first day/evening and counting how many people get upset that they can't get a basic gin and tonic/vodka soda etc. Seen passengers throw tantrums, totally hilarious to me as I sit back with my old fashion.  They stick with the specialty menu, some variations as cruise goes on and you get to know bartenders but mainly that.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CruisinBanka said:

Great news! 

I know!!  When we were on the Edge we asked why there wasn’t a World Class Bar and they told me they were already building Apex but it would definitely be on the Beyond.  He said there were many complaints about not having it on the Edge.   Then on the Beyond my friend told me about the M class getting all those fabulous cocktails.  I see you are from RI.  I lived there most of my life and miss it.  Am coming up next week for a 3 week visit!   I need to get all my RI food staples while I’m there.  

4 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

I love sitting on the S class ships the first day/evening and counting how many people get upset that they can't get a basic gin and tonic/vodka soda etc. Seen passengers throw tantrums, totally hilarious to me as I sit back with my old fashion.  They stick with the specialty menu, some variations as cruise goes on and you get to know bartenders but mainly that.  

😂 that is a fun activity!

12 minutes ago, riredsox said:

I know!!  When we were on the Edge we asked why there wasn’t a World Class Bar and they told me they were already building Apex but it would definitely be on the Beyond.  He said there were many complaints about not having it on the Edge.   Then on the Beyond my friend told me about the M class getting all those fabulous cocktails.  I see you are from RI.  I lived there most of my life and miss it.  Am coming up next week for a 3 week visit!   I need to get all my RI food staples while I’m there.  

👍👍👍     RI has great restaurants for sure……. Bet you don’t miss the high taxes though! Lol