Drink question for Diamond member

Hello,

I read this topic yesterday morning but there was obviously a blockage between my eyes and my brain because at around 9.00pm I suddenly thought "Hang on........."

Does this mean that a single token, worth $14 towards a single drink, could be worth up to $40 on a single bottle of wine up to $100 or possibly more on a bottle costing over $200?

The text on the 'Member Benefits' guide says "may also be used toward a discount off the purchase of any bottle of wine" - the word 'toward' to my simple mind means 'in part' and not 'wholly'.

Can I do this more than once because RCI would be on to a loser?

I would certainly do this not necessarily for the savings (but thank you very much) but to be able to buy a nominated bottle and not be palmed-off with some swill left over from the old Diamond 'free-for-all'.

Regards,

Cublet

26 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I read this topic yesterday morning but there was obviously a blockage between my eyes and my brain because at around 9.00pm I suddenly thought "Hang on........."

Does this mean that a single token, worth $14 towards a single drink, could be worth up to $40 on a single bottle of wine up to $100 or possibly more on a bottle costing over $200?

The text on the 'Member Benefits' guide says "may also be used toward a discount off the purchase of any bottle of wine" - the word 'toward' to my simple mind means 'in part' and not 'wholly'.

Can I do this more than once because RCI would be on to a loser?

I would certainly do this not necessarily for the savings (but thank you very much) but to be able to buy a nominated bottle and not be palmed-off with some swill left over from the old Diamond 'free-for-all'.

Regards,

Cublet

It's definitely one voucher equals 40% off a bottle of wine (under $100).  We did it on Symphony, though in retrospective we had only used one voucher each prior to dinner,  and two glasses of wine each was ample for dinner. So our free diamond vouchers would of been enough.

Depends I guess on how much of a wine buff you are.  I'm pretty happy with most as long as I get the type of wine I ask for. 

I asked for a dry rose in the DL and they bought out the zinfandel 🫢

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

It's definitely one voucher equals 40% off a bottle of wine (under $100).  We did it on Symphony, though in retrospective we had only used one voucher each prior to dinner,  and two glasses of wine each was ample for dinner. So our free diamond vouchers would of been enough.

Depends I guess on how much of a wine buff you are.  I'm pretty happy with most as long as I get the type of wine I ask for. 

I asked for a dry rose in the DL and they bought out the zinfandel 🫢

Hello,

Many thanks for the response. Can I do it multiple times, with different vouchers of course?

It's not that I am a 'wine buff', as I'm not, it's because (a) I know what I like and am dubious about substitutions (both 'offered' and 'slyly imposed') so it's good to have a private 'reserve stock'; and (b) the miserable measures can mean a long wait for a refill when buying by the glass. My three free C&A 525 points' bottles will be enough for my 7 nighter but not my 12. On MSC Virtuosa I was served a double measure of Champagne each time without having to ask (after the first day). On Celebrity Silhouette I had my private reserve stock of (genuine) Prosecco in the Passport Bar fridge.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Many thanks for the response. Can I do it multiple times, with different vouchers of course?

Yes as far as I know, though we only did it the once 

• Like 1

On 7/27/2023 at 3:14 PM, slyster said:

Okay, good to know the vouchers don't cover starbucks.  Thank you!

But you can use your Starbucks card, the Starbucks app or Starbucks gift card.  You cannot use your Starbucks Reward Stars but you will earn them. 

4 hours ago, imola said:

But you can use your Starbucks card, the Starbucks app or Starbucks gift card.  You cannot use your Starbucks Reward Stars but you will earn them. 

Okay, great.  I don't think I knew I could use my starbuck app to pay for coffee.  I thought we had to pay for it through our cruise account.

On 7/27/2023 at 1:33 PM, Sun Lover said:

We just became Diamond members after our Anthem cruise this past April.  On past cruises we've always purchased the Deluxe Drink Package but with the 4 included drinks per day, I don't think we'll need it.  My questions is with the Deluxe package, we've ordered certain brands of liquor, such as Grey Goose and particular kinds of tequila.  We will be able to do that with the 4 drinks included with Diamond or are top shelf liquors not included?

One of the white wines that I really like is $2 over what the D voucher covers, so if I want it I just pay the additional $2.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2023 at 12:02 PM, slyster said:

Okay, great.  I don't think I knew I could use my starbuck app to pay for coffee.  I thought we had to pay for it through our cruise account.

Using your Starbucks app is only for coffee at the stand alone Starbucks kiosk. If you don't have the app or a Starbucks card then it is charged to your seapass card.  

On 8/13/2023 at 1:05 PM, The sea calls my name said:

One of the white wines that I really like is $2 over what the D voucher covers, so if I want it I just pay the additional $2.

Yes plus an 18% gratuity on the $2.00. 

• 4 months later...

Just wanted to clarify some of the info here on the Diamond "voucher" benefit re the 40% off the bottled wine under $100 . We are sailing with our family ( 6 adults 4 grandchildren ) and wife and I are the only C&A Diamond members so were hoping to use the voucher discount for bottled wine at dinner - say 2 bottles per night shared with the family ( not the kiddos! ) .Can I expect that this would be ok ?

Also are we able to use the other vouchers to purchase bottles of wine at other locations around the ship , say bars or Windjammer etc ? The price of drinks on RCCL for Aussies is very high given our conversion rate  so thought this would be a real Diamond benefit for us. Any info much appreciated 

11 hours ago, hammo said:

Just wanted to clarify some of the info here on the Diamond "voucher" benefit re the 40% off the bottled wine under $100 . We are sailing with our family ( 6 adults 4 grandchildren ) and wife and I are the only C&A Diamond members so were hoping to use the voucher discount for bottled wine at dinner - say 2 bottles per night shared with the family ( not the kiddos! ) .Can I expect that this would be ok ?

Also are we able to use the other vouchers to purchase bottles of wine at other locations around the ship , say bars or Windjammer etc ? The price of drinks on RCCL for Aussies is very high given our conversion rate  so thought this would be a real Diamond benefit for us. Any info much appreciated 

Yes.

Cheers!

M

• Like 1