Drink question for Diamond member

We just became Diamond members after our Anthem cruise this past April.  On past cruises we've always purchased the Deluxe Drink Package but with the 4 included drinks per day, I don't think we'll need it.  My questions is with the Deluxe package, we've ordered certain brands of liquor, such as Grey Goose and particular kinds of tequila.  We will be able to do that with the 4 drinks included with Diamond or are top shelf liquors not included?

6 minutes ago, Sun Lover said:

We will be able to do that with the 4 drinks included with Diamond or are top shelf liquors not included?

Anything you could get with the drink package will be covered by the D drinks - think of it as a 4-drink package. Prices are listed in the app under bars.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 2

I have asked for Patron Reposado and Grey Goose on my Diamond drinks without issue.  I've always asked for an upper call when they make it and have never been charged.  You should be good.  Last cruise was Quantum in June for reference.

Edited by dwp10mm
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Rtowncruiser said:

If you are Diamond and get the 4 drinks per day allotment, can you order 2 drinks at a time, or only one? I know you can't share a drink package, but does it matter with the 4 drink perk?

You can use your voucher for anyone. I walk up to the bar often and order two drinks, one for me one for my wife, never had a problem. Once my 5 are used I switch to using my wife's card. I never order two drinks and use two cards. FYI, it gets messed up in the MDR. Waiters never take a card after the first order for the week, they just put them on the primary persons card. made several trips to GS last cruise on Ovation to get things sorted.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

They do not cover stand alone Starbucks. 

The cafe however serves a Starbucks brand, looked like Seattle's best. Said starbucks. 

Okay, good to know the vouchers don't cover starbucks.  Thank you!

On 7/27/2023 at 3:14 PM, slyster said:

Okay, good to know the vouchers don't cover starbucks.  Thank you!

You can use a Starbucks gift card, kids give them to me for birthdays and I save them for a cruise. Only good at a free standing kiosk on some ships.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2023 at 10:50 PM, Mim Lloyd said:

I believe Diamond members get 40% off a bottle of wine. Is that 40% off just the first bottle you buy or 40% off every bottle?

Interesting question, I would also like to know this.

Might be a more cost effective way to get drunk to sit and drink out of a a bottle of  wine in the hot tub than ordering several beers at $10 each 😉😎

Edited by UnregisteredUser
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, UnregisteredUser said:

Interesting question, I would also like to know this.

Might be a more cost effective way to get drunk to sit and drink out of a a bottle of  wine in the hot tub than ordering several beers at $10 each 😉😎

3 hours ago, hammo said:

I think I read somewhere here that you have to use one ot the 4 "vouchers" to get the 40% off ? Hope not .

The way I remember reading it is you have to use 1 drink voucher to get 40.00 of any bottle under 100. I don’t know if this is only once a day per guest or not. We each get 5 drinks a day, and bottles of wine in the room for amenities, so we haven’t don’t this yet. Sounds like a good deal though.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hammo said:

I think I read somewhere here that you have to use one ot the 4 "vouchers" to get the 40% off ? Hope not .

You are permitted to use one voucher to get a discount on a bottle of wine.  You are not required to use the voucher for that purpose. 
m

• Thanks 1

On 7/27/2023 at 3:40 PM, taglovestocruise said:

You can use your voucher for anyone. I walk up to the bar often and order two drinks, one for me one for my wife, never had a problem. Once my 5 are used I switch to using my wife's card. I never order two drinks and use two cards. FYI, it gets messed up in the MDR. Waiters never take a card after the first order for the week, they just put them on the primary persons card. made several trips to GS last cruise on Ovation to get things sorted.

Correct about the MDR screwing up drink charges.  Now we get a drink at a bar and carry it to the MDR.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, hammo said:

Yeap, one voucher gives you a 40% discount off a bottle of wine under $100. Can obviously be drunk by anyone in your group,  not just the Diamond member 

One voucher per bottle 

Depends how much you drink. We bought a bottle of wine last cruise at dinner,  but realised it would of been cheaper to use our vouchers per glass as ended up not using all our vouchers that day.

Edited by sgmn
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Yeap, one voucher gives you a 40% discount off a bottle of wine under $100. Can obviously be drunk by anyone in your group,  not just the Diamond member 

One voucher per bottle 

Depends how much you drink. We bought a bottle of wine last cruise at dinner,  but realised it would of been cheaper to use our vouchers per glass as ended up not using all our vouchers that day.

Is that official or negotiated? I have never seen that on stateroom lists. I thought that only applied to unlimited dining package.

12 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Is that official or negotiated? I have never seen that on stateroom lists. I thought that only applied to unlimited dining package.

Dining packages get the 40% off bottles of wine with the package.

If you are D or above and do not have a dining package you can use one voucher for 40% off a bottle of wine.

• Thanks 2