Gratuities for Sky Suite "Butler Team"

OceanCruise

18 hours ago, tomcruiser1234 said:

Phoenix_dream

yep but it works. 

But why should it ?

Why should anyone pay someone in service BEFORE the service is rendered?

Give me a properly made and tasty cocktail and I (may) reward you with a tip commiserate to the service and quality provided....

I don't get paid extra (any) beforehand for a surgery I perform ( OB-GYN).

• Like 5

Stay tuned, as Celebrity is re-defining luxury...TBD!  Maybe Luminae will be an upcharge for the lowly suites, or ...?  Your guess is as good as mine; your next cruise in a lower suite may be your last, but only time will tell.  Best of luck booking and cruising it forward.🤑 I hear now they are using AI(artificial intelligence) to determine what happens going forward.

Edited by Lastdance

Padgman1. 

Frankly i like the 1 on 1 Butler rather than the team. 

I wouldn’t. Say i pay before service, however with a team serving i will probably tip as we go so that they know we are not holding back. 

Yet to be in a SS so it will be a learn as we go. Do i like it.. no   So we shall see 

20 hours ago, tomcruiser1234 said:

Phoenix_dream

yep but it works. 

I've gotten excellent service on every one of my 75+ Celebrity cruises without tipping ahead of time.  So I'm guessing you would have had the same without doing it. We do always tip extra at the end.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I've gotten excellent service on every one of my 75+ Celebrity cruises without tipping ahead of time.  So I'm guessing you would have had the same without doing it. We do always tip extra at the end.

Ditto. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I expect the next change will be no dining privileges in Luminae for SS passengers.

My U.K. celebrity rep says I still get retreat access for the suite guarantee I have booked in October. Let’s see as they may not be privy to all the information yet.

In June we are in a CS. However if there are no further changes & I like the guarantee & don’t mind the retreat team, then I may see if can move down to SS as that will be a saving of £7000. We don’t use the butler loads anyway. 

Can also put that saving towards another cruise - win win! 

On 8/2/2023 at 9:57 AM, zitsky said:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/suite-class?icid=xplrsh_wrnssn_lls_hm_other_163#all-included

For anyone to whom it wasn't obvious, it is relatively easy to find.

The only problem I see with the team approach is that I don't like tipping poor performers.  And we did tip extra on Beyond.  There were some people, not many, that I thought didn't do a great job.  But they shared in the tips.  Really, I think we'll continue to tip extra on the Millennium in 2025.   I'm just not sure at the moment who that will be.  I suppose it's whoever goes beyond the minimum requirements.  Ouch.

Intuitive Service

• Butler
  • Dedicated pre-cruise Retreat Concierge. Call 1-877-RETREAT.
  • Onboard Retreat Concierge
  • Priority check-in, departure, and port tendering/boarding*
  • Reserved theater seating on Evening Chic nights

*Priority tendering/boarding not available in some ports.

I see this is still being advertised, even as of today.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LMHSRN said:

Intuitive Service

• Butler
  • Dedicated pre-cruise Retreat Concierge. Call 1-877-RETREAT.
  • Priority check-in, departure, and port tendering/boarding*

*Priority tendering/boarding not available in some ports.

I see this is still being advertised, even as of today.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/suite-class/sky-suite

If you go to Sky Suite specifically, rather than The Retreat in general, this is what you find :

Intuitive Service

• Retreat Butler and team
  • Dedicated pre-cruise Retreat Concierge. Call 1-877-RETREAT.
  • Priority check-in, departure, and port tendering/boarding

1 hour ago, Baynanno1 said:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/suite-class/sky-suite

If you go to Sky Suite specifically, rather than The Retreat in general, this is what you find :

Intuitive Service

• Retreat Butler and team
  • Dedicated pre-cruise Retreat Concierge. Call 1-877-RETREAT.
  • Priority check-in, departure, and port tendering/boarding

Intuitive?  I hope that means I get the flowers I wanted to order before Celebrity took them away.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, zitsky said:

Intuitive?  I hope that means I get the flowers I wanted to order before Celebrity took them away.

yup.. really miss being able to pre order flowers....esp with the dull and uninspired Hoppen decor ..needs something  colorful to perk things up.

I will bring on a small arrangement if I can carry it on..They have cute minis in PUBLIX  with a small vase.

i thought intuitive meant they know what you want/ need before you ask!  The butler we had was VERY on it.. a bit too much!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On our cruise on Apex last year (so still within covid times) I found a carrier bag full of items in our bathroom drawer. As we’d only just arrived & not received our luggage yet it was clearly not ours. I spoke to housekeeping & asked them to collect. 

So they came & collected & I got beautiful flowers by way of apology. 

Edited by wineoclock

5 hours ago, hcat said:

yup.. really miss being able to pre order flowers....esp with the dull and uninspired Hoppen decor ..needs something  colorful to perk things up.

I will bring on a small arrangement if I can carry it on..They have cute minis in PUBLIX  with a small vase.

i thought intuitive meant they know what you want/ need before you ask!  The butler we had was VERY on it.. a bit too much!

I used to pre order flowers as well, it was a nice service.
Now I usually hand carry a bouquet when we board.

On 8/2/2023 at 12:21 PM, Lastdance said:

Stay tuned, as Celebrity is re-defining luxury...TBD!  Maybe Luminae will be an upcharge for the lowly suites, or ...?  Your guess is as good as mine; your next cruise in a lower suite may be your last, but only time will tell.  Best of luck booking and cruising it forward.🤑 I hear now they are using AI(artificial intelligence) to determine what happens going forward.

I think you are on to something re Luminae.  One complaint I have of Luminae is that it gets very crowded and loud during rush hour, especially on the Edge class ships.

To enhance the experience of Celebrity's valued customers, Sky suites get X # of visits to Luminae per week, and any excess visits will be charged a nominal fee per person comparable to specialty dining charges.  

1 hour ago, CalTexCruiser said:

I think you are on to something re Luminae.  One complaint I have of Luminae is that it gets very crowded and loud during rush hour, especially on the Edge class ships.

To enhance the experience of Celebrity's valued customers, Sky suites get X # of visits to Luminae per week, and any excess visits will be charged a nominal fee per person comparable to specialty dining charges.  

It certainly will be interesting to see what is in store for us and we have a front row seat!

Edited by Lastdance

On 8/2/2023 at 10:54 AM, Oceangoer2 said:

I expect the next change will be no dining privileges in Luminae for SS passengers.

While I see anything is possible. M Class has 50 suites of those 22 are sky suites. 10 of them are Aqua Sky Suites. Meaning X will have to move about 44 guest to the MDR or Blu. S Class has 111 suites of those 72 are sky suites. 10 of them are Aqua Sky Suites. Meaning X will have to move about 144 guest to the MDR or Blu. Sky suites can have 4 guests and aqua sky suite can have 2+. So the guests being moved to Blu or MDR at times will be even more.

I now see an advantage to book a aqua sky suite beside the location on the S Class ships. Those that want Blu, but have more than 2 in their party can now book and dine in Blu. 

Another thought is to close down Luminae. Bring it back into the MDR on M and S Class ships. Add specialty dining to CS's. CS suites and above will have breakfast, lunch and dinner in a specialty dining restaurant.

We are not in a sky suite until June 2024. CS next month. I normally give our butler our an extra $100 for 7 to 10 nights. If I dont have the same butler, I might just keep my $100.

Edited by bigbenboys
spelling

1 hour ago, C-Dragons said:

I used to pre order flowers as well, it was a nice service.
Now I usually hand carry a bouquet when we board.

some ports have flowers for sale at the pier..Hawaii..Barbados..

I also brought.on amazing  huge sunflowers from Provence..lasted a long time

cabin attendants find vases...the Hoppen Vase says do not fill with water..useless!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

While I see anything is possible. M Class has 50 suites of those 22 are sky suites. 10 of them are Aqua Sky Suites. Meaning X will have to move about 44 guest to the MDR or Blu. S Class has 111 suites of those 72 are sky suites. 10 of them are Aqua Sky Suites. Meaning X will have to move about 144 guest to the MDR or Blu. Sky suites can have 4 guests and aqua sky suite can have 2+. So the guests being moved to Blu or MDR at times will be even more.

I now see an advantage to book a aqua sky suite beside the location on the S Class ships. Those that want Blu, but have more than 2 in their party can now book and dine in Blu. 

Another thought is to close down Luminae. Bring it back into the MDR on M and S Class ships. Add specialty dining to CS's. CS suites and above will have breakfast, lunch and dinner in a specialty dining restaurant.

We are not in a sky suite until June 2024. SC next month. I normally give our butler our an extra $100 for 7 to 10 nights. If I dont have the same butler, I might just keep my $100.

Are you saying two Aqua class passengers can go into Blu and bring along 2 or 5 or 12 non Aqua passengers?  How does that impact other guests?  Or do you mean large parties can make reservations in Blu?  Same thing.

Edited by zitsky

6 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Are you saying two Aqua class passengers can go into Blu and bring along 2 or 5 or 12 non Aqua passengers?  How does that impact other guests?  Or do you mean large parties can make reservations in Blu?  Same thing.

What I'm saying is that X has changed some sky suites to Aqua Sky Suites. AquaClass you are limited to 2 people in a cabin. You can now book Aqua sky suites with more than 2 people. 

7 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

We are not in a sky suite until June 2024. SC next month. I normally give our butler our an extra $100 for 7 to 10 nights. If I dont have the same butler, I might just keep my $100.

closing Luminae would lead to total rebellion!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, hcat said:

Celebrity CEO of the month:  “We can do whatever the heck we want.”

Is this Celebrity trying to carve out Sky Suites as a different category with different benefits?

7 minutes ago, hcat said:

I book suites mostly for Luminae. You might be right.  If X removes sky suites from Luminae. SC dont have specialty dining included. That would leave SC and any high end suite guest that did not want to dine in a specialty dining restaurant to dine in Luminae. The other option I see would be to remove specialty dining from high end suites. That will free up more room in the specialty dining and more high end guest to Luminae. This would bring in more revenue to X's bottom line.

• Thanks 1