Side by Side Celebrity to Princess Transportation

Cruzinram

Probably Ft. Lauderdale, since Princess uses terminal 2 and the Reflection is in the Caribbean.

I have a side by side Royal and X, and on the Royal board they said to ask the staff (concierge for me, maybe guest services for others) about shuttles.  I was told that they'd shuttle us.  YMMV.

8 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

With Royal and Celebrity under the same corporate umbrella, I can see that as a possibikiy.  Going to Princess miht be quite a different story.

Right, that's why I said YMMV (your mileage might vary).  I thought I read about someone going from X to MSC and she said the shuttle made several stops at different piers.  I might be misremembering though.

We've done a Miami SBS that were docked next to each other and just walked. Miami is more of a straight line with little for obstacles. 

I've read accounts of people that used the shuttle at Port Everglades and some were fine with it and others thought it was a big hassle and wished they had cabbed it. 

You can't shuttle between different lines, other than to/from Royal and Celebrity.  If we are talking Fort Lauderdale, I recommend a taxi or Uber, if you can find one willing to take you that short distance.  Taxi probably is regulated to have to take the ride; not sure about Uber.

• 2 weeks later...

I was also interested in this same information.  Actually B2B both Celebrity ships but they only have one terminal so not sure how far away the second ship will dock if both there the same day.

Terminal 25 is the main one but where they dock a second Celebrity ship ... not sure ... thinking Terminal 29 as that appears to be a share between a few.  Thinking maybe walkable if it is but looks can be deceiving.  I hadn't even considered there might be a shuttle, very interesting.

36 minutes ago, poffles said:

I was also interested in this same information.  Actually B2B both Celebrity ships but they only have one terminal so not sure how far away the second ship will dock if both there the same day.

Terminal 25 is the main one but where they dock a second Celebrity ship ... not sure ... thinking Terminal 29 as that appears to be a share between a few.  Thinking maybe walkable if it is but looks can be deceiving.  I hadn't even considered there might be a shuttle, very interesting.

E class ships get priority at Terminal 25. Terminal 29 is also commonly used by Celebrity. It's a mile of walking between 25 and 29. Not that it can't be done but the port is not pedestrian friendly at all. I would get a cab. Terminal 21 is across from 25 but I don't recall Celebrity using that one often. 

18 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

E class ships get priority at Terminal 25. Terminal 29 is also commonly used by Celebrity. It's a mile of walking between 25 and 29. Not that it can't be done but the port is not pedestrian friendly at all. I would get a cab. Terminal 21 is across from 25 but I don't recall Celebrity using that one often. 

Thanks you for speaking to what I believed might be the scenario.  We may still venture the walk but will look around when we arrive for the first cruise to take in the area.  Definitely want to be sure the walk is not too terrrain challenged. We've gone out of that port a few times but never assessed it for this.

3 hours ago, poffles said:

Thanks you for speaking to what I believed might be the scenario.  We may still venture the walk but will look around when we arrive for the first cruise to take in the area.  Definitely want to be sure the walk is not too terrrain challenged. We've gone out of that port a few times but never assessed it for this.

You don't want to walk between 25 and 29.  They may not even allow it for safety reasons.

FLL - We needed to transfer between two different cruise lines (can't remember which).  We knew ahead of time that shuttles would not be available and so decided to cab it.  We were concerned that taxi drivers would be reluctant to take us for such a short drive.  But the driver informed us that it was fine as in these instances he would be allowed to return to the front of the taxi line.  Can't remember the cost but it was pretty cheap.

11 hours ago, long time lurker said:

When we arrived at terminal 29 there was a free parking shuttle that took people to the garage by terminal 25.  That is how we got to terminal 25 for our side to side last March.

Well that would be perfect if it works in reverse, will have to check this out.

Sorry to the OP, I didn't mean to hijack your thread but I guess it's all relative in nature.

12 hours ago, poffles said:

it's not the terrain..it's the traffic..plus luggage..dangerous area.. I believe no sidewalks along most roads

Just get a taxi..it will save headaches and get u there safely and efficiently 

• Like 1

On 8/8/2023 at 2:35 PM, Cruzinram said:

What is the best way to get from the Reflection terminal over to the other side where Princess normally docks. I think the Princess terminal is # 2.

We have done a side by side from Celebrity to Royal.  First time took a cab.  Second time celebrity let us use their bus.  However the bus went first to the airport then back to drop us off at the terminal.  No big deal as we had time to kill and it was free.  Of course we gave the driver a nice tip. A third time, the porter took us across the parking garage with all of our luggage, then we got to the terminal  It was a long walk!  again, another nice tip!  Recommend a taxi.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Looking at this site it appears that taxi transfer is a flat rate so it would seem (as many are advising) a taxi might be the best option and the least pain in the backside 🙂

Cruise FAQs (porteverglades.net)

'How do I transfer from one cruise terminal to another if I’ve booked back-to-back cruises?

If sailing with the same line, call that cruise line to make arrangements. For those sailing on different cruise lines, taxi transfers between terminals are possible within the Port at a flat rate of $8. There is no negotiated price for ride-share services.'