Allure Drydock Date

STEVE-O

Just hoping they don't add purple slides blocking the aft view, relocation of Diamond lounge to lower decks 'basement'  without natural light and robots taking over the Champagne bar. Playmakers replacing Rita's Cantina where you can't even pay extra to order a taco or nachos to go with your beer would be ok though. Rita's is a dead space most of the time also.

Edited by coaster
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Saw this on a Blog site.. please take with a tablespoon of salt.

Royal confirmed Allure will be going into dry dock from Feb to April 2025.

I thought i read it was Feb or April according to the deployment thread?

I agree with coaster in regards to adding the purple slides.  I was talking with someone on one of the ships about this very thing  They told me that the purple slides are popular and Allure will get them.  I like the boardwalk nd the view without them.  Just my opinion

• Like 1

Regardless of my opinion of it, it was part of the amplification that got postponed, and as close as we were to the amplification dry dock date before it was postponed, you'd have to believe that it was already manufactured (probably still in parts) and just waiting for installation. It's probably in a storage yard somewhere.

56 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

I hope she does not get the additional cabins above the bridge like Oasis. Ship’s silhouette looks very ugly with them and they take away all the nice open deck space.

They’re still open deck space on top of the new cabins they built on top of the bridge. They just moved the open space one deck higher, off the Solarium instead of a hallway with cabins like it used to be before dry dock. 

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

She should get the Portside BBQ. 

Unfortunately I think Portside was a one and done.  With the concept abandoned for Wonder, Utopia and Icon I dont see them adding it to Oasis.  Mason Jar seems to be the flavour of the day.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

2 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

She should get the Portside BBQ. 

28 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unfortunately I think Portside was a one and done.  With the concept abandoned for Wonder, Utopia and Icon I dont see them adding it to Oasis.  Mason Jar seems to be the flavour of the day.

It was part of the original Amplification plans, but like I've said before, it will be interesting to see what they change from the original plan when it comes time to reschedule it.

I've said similar about the Robotic Bar that @Ourusualbeach is saying about Portside. I think it's run it's course, and I believe that it's entirely possible that the go a different route. If so, my guess would be the Pesky Parrot, like Utopia will have in that same location.

Here's the original press release: 

https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1403/new-amplified-adventures-on-royal-caribbeans-allure-of-the-seas-to-make-a-summer-splash-in-europe/

Edited by RobInMN

20 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I just hope they don't change the one on Oasis to Mason Jar but am very concerned that is the plan.

It is funny that when Americans talk about a dry dock they only talk about restaurants and waterslides....

Is this really the only focus of cruising and cruise ships nowadays?

If I was looking for a specific (chain) restaurant I can find it everywhere on land. Same applies to waterslides available in all kind of land based big waterpark.