YouTube video should be played on a LOOP on all cruses

Are you a Cruise Buffet Loser?  

Saw this one yesterday by Tony at La Lido Loca and wished it were played on ALL cruises, not just Royal.  

Lists about 10 Buffet Loser Moves, which unfortunately I believe I have witnessed perhaps all.

Eddie

Reusing a plate?

I always assume this is better than just creating more dirty crockery.

im no scientist… but how many germs can there be on a plate I’ve used, and is the contamination risk any greater than the fact I’m a the one who’s used the plate and holding the plate and rocking up to the buffet station anyway?

I'm not using the plate to ladle out the pasta or dipping it into the soup.

am I naive? Is reusing a plate actually bad?

I assume it’s about contact?

or is it more the fact that not everybody will be so careful and inevitably the ladle or tongs WILL touch the used plate?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, zimmerman said:

Reusing a plate?

im no scientist… but how many germs can there be on a plate I’ve used, and is the contamination risk any greater than the fact I’m a the one who’s used the plate and holding the plate and rocking up to the buffet station anyway?

I'm not using the plate to ladle out the pasta or dipping it into the soup.

am I naive? Is reusing a plate actually bad?

I assume it’s about contact?

or is it more the fact that not everybody will be so careful and inevitably the ladle or tongs WILL touch the used plate?

Reusing a plate is a health code violation inmost buffets  on dry land, so yes you should not do it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, zimmerman said:

Reusing a plate?

Wrong assumption. RC has huge indusial dishwashers.  As long as I'm not doing the dishes, I could care less how many plates and utensils I use. Job security for someone. 🙃

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Those types of videos are painful. Over the top and exaggerated for "entertainment" value.

Mostly editorializing, and filibustering.  Its more punishing than informative.  Just sayin...

• Like 4

The last cruise we were on I went to put a cookie on my plate and a young boy no older than 7 walked up and took a chunk of watermelon off the fruit tray WITH HIS HANDS. I nicely said we’re not supposed to touch the food, but he can use the tongs….and at the same time a crew member had seen what he did and came and took the whole tray of fruit away…to probably be thrown out. 

At the same time the boy’s dad appeared from nowhere, and started to yell at me, and said not to talk to his son….I have no right to tell him what to do….. poor kid.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, fenton04 said:

Mostly editorializing, and filibustering.  Its more punishing than informative.  Just sayin...

Yes I agree, but Isn’t that mostly all programming today?  This one had some legitimate points.  I wish the dude who ate/slurped (or more accurately attempted or missed) his cheerio’s in the elevator we were sharing would have viewed it.

It’s numerous times better than the videos posted by many people, which are the digital age equivalent of, “Do you want to see my vacation pictures of XYZ?”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

The last cruise we were on I went to put a cookie on my plate and a young boy no older than 7 walked up and took a chunk of watermelon off the fruit tray WITH HIS HANDS. I nicely said we’re not supposed to touch the food, but he can use the tongs….and at the same time a crew member had seen what he did and came and took the whole tray of fruit away…to probably be thrown out. 

At the same time the boy’s dad appeared from nowhere, and started to yell at me, and said not to talk to his son….I have no right to tell him what to do….. poor kid.

A future member of the criminal justice system 🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

WOW!! 

I went through something very similar years ago in WJ...
Both parents and 3 young kids. The server put down a fresh tray of meatballs. The middle child grabbed some meatballs, one rolled onto the floor and the kid bent down to pick it up. My first thought was WTG, most kids would leave it on the floor. After she picked it up she put it back in the full tray!!! 🤦‍♀️

The server was still there, pulled the tray, and politely told the child not to put food back on to the tray, Then the kid grabbed something with her hands, I told her its wrong to use her hands and some other words, but I was very respectful in what I said.
The server then came over and grabbed that tray of food and told the parents to please keep an eye on their kids and what had just happened. 
The parents then told the server it is their vacation they paid for the right to eat there and their kids can eat how they want to., It is none of her business how their kids behave, 
I was floored!! 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, LilBlackDress said:

WOW!! 

I went through something very similar years ago in WJ...
Both parents and 3 young kids. The server put down a fresh tray of meatballs. The middle child grabbed some meatballs, one rolled onto the floor and the kid bent down to pick it up. My first thought was WTG, most kids would leave it on the floor. After she picked it up she put it back in the full tray!!! 🤦‍♀️

The server was still there, pulled the tray, and politely told the child not to put food back on to the tray, Then the kid grabbed something with her hands, I told her its wrong to use her hands and some other words, but I was very respectful in what I said.
The server then came over and grabbed that tray of food and told the parents to please keep an eye on their kids and what had just happened. 
The parents then told the server it is their vacation they paid for the right to eat there and their kids can eat how they want to., It is none of her business how their kids behave, 
I was floored!! 

It goes both ways though.  I saw a young man, probably 8ish, making a sundae at the make your own sundae bar in the WJ.  He used all the supplied utensils to serve the toppings.  When he got to the whipped topping, it would not come off the spoon no matter how hard he tried to shake it onto his sundae.  Grandma came up to help him.  She took the spoon of whipped topping from him, used her finger to scrape it onto his sundae, licked her finger and then put the spoon back into the container of whipped topping.  The little boy told her that she wasn't supposed to use her fingers and she told him to go sit down. 😱😕

• Like 3

On 8/12/2023 at 8:57 PM, Eddie Wilson said:

Are you a Cruise Buffet Loser?  

Saw this one yesterday by Tony at La Lido Loca and wished it were played on ALL cruises, not just Royal.  

Lists about 10 Buffet Loser Moves, which unfortunately I believe I have witnessed perhaps all.

Tony at La Lido Loca is a travel agent who posts clickbait for clicks and busness. No cruise line should play his video. 

• Like 3