Diamond lounge and drinks

jvz

1 hour ago, Tatka said:

This sounds like usual fare in DL.

Except on Indy last year when it was awful (in both July and October). A small portable heating tray with 3 slots of stuff like luke warm mozzarella sticks.

I'm assuming it's the better stuff on Wonder, like I described, just never got to check.

4 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

The same people stalk the same chairs for the same times every day, apparently allergic to any other venue onboard, and brag about the same hotel points/cruise points/airline miles that they always have. Never fear, the DL is alive and well  

Bummer for you as that has never been our experiences in the DL. 

• Like 3

As a D+ cruiser .... we now find the Diamond Lounge more enjoyable than ever. Gone are the days when folks would arrive at 4PM ( an hour before drinks are available)and see how much they can drink before last call. If you arrived at 5PM you would have no chance of getting setting. So yes, we still go every day ( sometimes for a drink or just coffee) but we always love to share cruising stories with fellow long term RCCL cruisers.

ALSO: If you are reading this RCCL ... don't even think about eliminating the coffee machine!

e

• Like 2

2 hours ago, doghog said:

Bummer for you as that has never been our experiences in the DL. 

Thats EVERYONES experience in the DL.  Been that way for 20 years...back to the very first lounges on Voyager class ships w the frosted doors 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We did our first diamond sailing in November 2021 on the Adventure.  Since then we have been on Grandeur 2x, Radiance, Symphony, Allure, Voyager, and just off of Independence.  I can't compare to pre covid but have noticed lounge was never crowded and so so snacks.  We didn't make it to the lounge on the Symphony, Allure or Voyager.  Just weren't interested.  Personally I'd rather use my vouchers at a bar then have to dress up for the lounge.  We did go in with shorts and t shirts on Indy and we did get some looks but the concierge was very polite and nice.  

I guess I always sail on cruises with high top tier numbers as the DL is usually crowded, especially before main seating dinner time.  Post-restart I've sailed on Oasis, Anthem (4x), Enchantment, and Voyager (after a couple of days they took over part of the Star Lounge).

I like the DL because it is usually quieter than the bars, no loud music, and often less crowded.

• Like 1

Enchantment has a very small DL and in weird location. When we sailed on her in 2022 and 2023 we just took snacks and spent time in VCL by large windows. We do this in all places possible. We are thinking what to do оn Vision next year.

We do get coffee from time to time in DL. This is a nice benefit.

Edited by Tatka

5 minutes ago, Tatka said:

... we just took snacks and spent time in VCL by large windows. We do this in all places possible. We are thinking what to do in Vision next year.

The adjacent Schooner Bar is nice, if it isn't jam packed with an event.

The "Some Enchanted Evening" Lounge is a good location to watch the wake (again, if there isn't an event).

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Personally I'd rather use my vouchers at a bar then have to dress up for the lounge.  We did go in with shorts and t shirts on Indy and we did get some looks but the concierge was very polite and nice.  

Really? Looks? No need to get dressed up for the DL. Even the SL on Wonder this past June was full of shorts and t-shirts.

Wear what you want... that said, no reason to specifically go there for drinks other than the coffee machine.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Really? Looks? No need to get dressed up for the DL. Even the SL on Wonder this past June was full of shorts and t-shirts.

Wear what you want... that said, no reason to specifically go there for drinks other than the coffee machine.

Agree, I don’t go to the lounge often, but am always in shorts; I don’t even pack long pants anymore in the Caribbean 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Agreed about dress code.  I was surprised at the look especially on a 3 day cruise where there were a lot of 1st timers and it was extremely hot and at least 90% of ship was in tank tops and shorts.  After what I witnessed at 530 am in the hottub on my way to get coffee the other morning, I wouldn't be too concerned about tank tops.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Agreed about dress code.  I was surprised at the look especially on a 3 day cruise where there were a lot of 1st timers and it was extremely hot and at least 90% of ship was in tank tops and shorts.  After what I witnessed at 530 am in the hottub on my way to get coffee the other morning, I wouldn't be too concerned about tank tops.

Was hot tab in DL? New feature? 🙂

1 minute ago, jean87510 said:

you are missing the point.  

I am trying to understand connection between DL and what you saw in hot tab. Unless hot tab was in DL I cannot.

2 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

Thats EVERYONES experience in the DL.  Been that way for 20 years...back to the very first lounges on Voyager class ships w the frosted doors 

Thanks for the laugh. 😂 Now you are speaking for everyone else. Not happening. Next time you are in the DL introduce yourself and we'll talk. We are in the DL from 5:00 to 5:45 nightly. You'll be pleased none of that blah, blah, blah will be brought up by us. Including tier level, politics and religion.  Hopefully not of that by you also. If so you'll be talking to yourself. Cheers. 🍻