Rio Carnival Shore Excursions Email

uktog

Just about every day I get a marketing email from Azamara (yes I know some people would love to get even one!) which is now feeling like “desperation” 

Todays takes the biscuit it’s inviting me to book my shore excursions and carnival tickets for my upcoming South America cruise. 
The good news, I do indeed have a cruise booked to South America, the bad news it’s an Antarctic cruise not over the period of carnival which does not call at Rio. Other than that……

How much more garbage output from this IT system do guests have to tolerate? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, uktog said:

Just about every day I get a marketing email from Azamara (yes I know some people would love to get even one!) which is now feeling like “desperation” 

Todays takes the biscuit it’s inviting me to book my shore excursions and carnival tickets for my upcoming South America cruise. 
The good news, I do indeed have a cruise booked to South America, the bad news it’s an Antarctic cruise not over the period of carnival which does not call at Rio. Other than that……

I got the same email and I have no cruises booked for South America 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, uktog said:

I got one too. I did do a South America cruise a few years ago though, but not during Carnival and I have no other booked to there. Perhaps the Carnival is touring to Japan 😄. Really though it's so unprofessional. 

Phil 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I got one too. I did do a South America cruise a few years ago though, but not during Carnival and I have no other booked to there. Perhaps the Carnival is touring to Japan 😄. Really though it's so unprofessional. 

Phil 

And the Carnival goes to Hong Kong after Japan!  Received the same email but we're booked on an Asian cruise!!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, uktog said:

I got the email too and have emailed Az to cancel our non-existent booking, just to see if we get a refund. If you don't ask.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

15 minutes ago, Anchor Light said:

I got the email about Rio too and I have no current cruises booked.  I think it was just confusing wording of a mass market mailing to encourage booking. 

You are being too kind because when you click the book now tab it does not take you through to a page to book a cruise, it goes to a page that offers to help you find an existing booking and service it

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, uktog said:

You are being too kind because when you click the book now tab it does not take you through to a page to book a cruise, it goes to a page that offers to help you find an existing booking and service it

Oh my goodness, that is unbelievable.  I completed a cruise on Azamara to Rio/Brazil intensive about nine years ago!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Anchor Light said:

Oh my goodness, that is unbelievable.  I completed a cruise on Azamara to Rio/Brazil intensive about nine years ago!

Bit slow in booking your excursions aren’t you 😂

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

I got it too, although my 2 booked cruises are Dubai to Singapore & Cape Town to Canaries.
Its very clearly aimed at those on the Rio Carnival cruise next February, to encourage them to book their Carnival tickets through Azamara.

And missed the target by at least 3700 miles 😂   

• Haha 2

Yes, many people got it, many with bookings elsewhere and some with no bookings at all.  Refer the other thread about the current website problems for a discussion there.  Most people are confused as it doesn't apply to them either so you are not alone.  Strange. 

Silver lining: This subject made me review my communication preferences AGAIN. It turns out that the Seaware site defaulted back to no communications for at least the 10th time. Dealing with their IT is exhausting and frustrating!