Fly to the Fun..

sassy~one

We have in the past, not recently.

Sometimes it is comparable in price, other times it is more.  You are also restricted to flying ONLY during the windows of time the deem appropriate.  Example:  if they decide the earliest flight home after a cruise is 12:30 by their standard, you will not be able to get a flight before that even if you want to.

The NICE thing is you can book anytime and have right up until the cruise pay off window to pay it off, so you don't have to fork out the full airplane ticket months in advance.  If I remember the last time I did it, we also didn't get seat assignments right away though even though the air was added when we booked the cruise months out.... we had to wait until closer to sailing.

• Like 2

Can be a cost saving. Then you have to ask why is there such a cost savings?

It's because these are consolidator tickets and the airlines and cruise lines negotiated the prices, the terms and conditions, and any possible restrictions of these tickets. They are NOT the exact same tickets you would buy directly from the airline.

99% of the time, you the consumer may not experience any difference if all goes well. Let there be just 1 hiccup and that could all change. The marketing brochure appears to give the consumer a warm fuzzy feeling that if any issue arises, they'll be there. They will be there for you to call, but nowhere in the fine print does it say they can resolve the problem.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, wemjam said:

If I remember the last time I did it, we also didn't get seat assignments right away though even though the air was added when we booked the cruise months out.... we had to wait until closer to sailing.

This depends on the airline you book.  We currently have Fly2Fun reservations for our Australia trip with Delta.  I can see the reservations on the Delta app and picked seats.  

3 minutes ago, maluhia87 said:

This depends on the airline you book.  We currently have Fly2Fun reservations for our Australia trip with Delta.  I can see the reservations on the Delta app and picked seats.  

That is true for us as well.  We are using Fly2Fun for our October 2023 Rome cruise and we are able to see our flights and seat assignments on our American app.

• Like 1

I booked it for my flight to Barcelona. I thought it was good. I got to pick my flights. I booked it back in December but it wasn’t until about three months out that my reservation was actually ticketed and I was able to pick seats. But I got a $1400 flight for $700. I’d say it’s a lot better than NCL. I’m doing NCL’s version now and with them you’re stuck with whatever flights they pick.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

I've tried using it a few times, but have ended up cancelling each time. I would book a nonstop flight for my cruise, then Carnival would change flights to ones with layovers and worse flight times and if I wanted to go back to the original, it would cost more money.  So I would cancel and rebook direct with the airline.  Maybe if using it for overseas would be better, but my experience with cruises from Utah to Long Beach and Miami is not the best.

Edited by vwrestler171
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, vwrestler171 said:

I've tried using it a few times, but have ended up cancelling each time. I would book a nonstop flight for my cruise, then Carnival would change flights to ones with layovers and worse flight times and if I wanted to go back to the original, it would cost more money.  So I would cancel and rebook direct with the airline.  Maybe if using it for overseas would be better, but my experience with cruises from Utah to Long Beach and Miami is not the best.

Do not doubt you but Carnival does not change the flights, the airline changes the flight.  That said, used it 3 times and other than a change to a slightly earlier departure, nothing changed and ALL were direct.

26 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Do not doubt you but Carnival does not change the flights, the airline changes the flight.  That said, used it 3 times and other than a change to a slightly earlier departure, nothing changed and ALL were direct.

The original flights were still available for the airlines, so no, it WAS Carnival.  I've seen ut said that Carnival doesn't actually ticket the flight until closer to the cruise, so their contracted rate may have risen, so they moved to a cheaper flight.  I was able to cancel F2F with Carnival and booked the original flights with the airline at the original price.  

• Like 2

I have used Fly2fun for one way flights to Europe many times with great savings. I don't see any benefits using them for North American flights though.

I like the fact that they are refundable and not charged until final payment.

I have used Fly2Fun only once, to fly from home from Barcelona after a TA cruise.  The price was excellent, flight times were convenient, and I was able to select seats ahead of time.  My only issue was that the ticket wasn’t issued in a timely manner.  I had some anxious days as it got down to 3 weeks ahead of the cruise and ticket still wasn’t issued.  There is no way to communicate directly with the Fly2Fun department.  I made many calls to various departments with no one very interested in helping.  It did turn out OK though.  I would use them again for international flights.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vwrestler171 said:

The original flights were still available for the airlines, so no, it WAS Carnival.  I've seen ut said that Carnival doesn't actually ticket the flight until closer to the cruise, so their contracted rate may have risen, so they moved to a cheaper flight.  I was able to cancel F2F with Carnival and booked the original flights with the airline at the original price.  

It is true that they do not ticket at the time of booking.

3 hours ago, daveo6313 said:

Does Fly 2 Fun include the transfers from the Airport to the ship and back?

what it does do is give you priority when unforeseen things happen, like propulsion issues and they need to get you home.

On 8/20/2023 at 4:48 PM, daveo6313 said:

Does Fly 2 Fun include the transfers from the Airport to the ship and back?

No, but you can purchase these direct from carnival if you want to.  Often though, depending on the port a taxi or uber is a better option anyhow.  Cost can be better and you don't have to deal with / wait for a bus load of people.

• Like 1