Another website glitch…

MeganGC1983

Does anyone remember if it said $59.95 per day when you first looked at the package? John said that it did say that but when it went to the cart, it stayed at the one-day price. I do not remember it saying $59.95 per day, I really thought it said $59.95.

Edited by canes20
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, canes20 said:

Does anyone remember if it said $59.95 per day when you first looked at the package? John said that it did say that but when it went to the cart, it stayed at the one-day price. I do not remember it saying $59.95 per day, I really thought it said $59.95.

That's what it said.

He just doesnt want to give any extra credit. 

20230826_072523801.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I knew it would start, people on the book face are complaining about Carnival not honoring the glitch price.  They are saying they will cancel tips if they don't get that price.  I swear, some people's children.🙄

Edited by Butterbean1000
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I knew it would start, people on the book face are complaining about Carnival not honoring the glitch price.  They are saying they will cancel tips if they don't get that price.  I swear, some people's children.🙄

No one will cancel. I would call their bluff if I were JH or Carnival. I bet 99% of the people naysaying Carnival don't even have any cruises booked. They just like the drama and being keyboard tough guys. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, stobe1 said:

No one will cancel. I would call their bluff if I were JH or Carnival. I bet 99% of the people naysaying Carnival don't even have any cruises booked. They just like the drama and being keyboard tough guys. 

They are removing tips, not canceling trips.

14 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

They are removing tips, not canceling trips.

Ahh. I read that as trips. My eyes added in the "r". Evenso, my statement still stands about its just noise. There might be 1 Karen or Brad out there that are actually booked that would demonstrate their selfish assholeness by punishing the crew for an IT issue. But most of it is just noise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tytanbri said:

I agree. There is still an issue. My cruise in March now has only 24 excursions showing. There was 90+ lat week. The cruise cash is messed up also. You can buy cruise cash but not bar cash or photo cash. 

I noticed there were a lot of excursions missing from B2B Venezia in Sept (just a few weeks away!!) and thought it odd, then moved on to purchase bogus Cheers for both weeks. Then didn't think about it again until I read your post. 

Something's a miss...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

It doesn't really matter. It was obviously an error to charge only one day for the whole cruise, and Carnival has said they're not going to honor it.

I completely agree with what you are saying and do not have any problem with the way it is getting handled. I just thought I had read it as just $59.95 when it was being offered on the first page where you put it in the cart, not $59.95 per day.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

Not survive off the float, but entice more people into buying cheers with the discount code they are going to provide in lieu of the too good to be true one day price that everyone soaked up. But you are correct, it is probably just the usual incompetence of Carnival at work here.

While, I would be curious to see the sales impact. Although I sincerely doubt there were enough people balking at the $1000 price tag, who jumped on $70, and now are happy with a (guessing) $950 price tag.

I couldn't see them intentionally doing this. Aside from another COVID, this has to be one of the bigger headaches for Carnival. Imagine the people complaining on the phone, facebook (can already see this), guest services. Current and future customers. It would likely be a far more effective sales strategy to instead say "we are having a one-time sale on Cheers!"

Either way, I think Carnival handled this right. Honoring this price sets a terrible precedent that everyone can jump in and take advantage when there is an obvious error. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

While, I would be curious to see the sales impact. Although I sincerely doubt there were enough people balking at the $1000 price tag, who jumped on $70, and now are happy with a (guessing) $950 price tag.

I couldn't see them intentionally doing this. Aside from another COVID, this has to be one of the bigger headaches for Carnival. Imagine the people complaining on the phone, facebook (can already see this), guest services. Current and future customers. It would likely be a far more effective sales strategy to instead say "we are having a one-time sale on Cheers!"

Either way, I think Carnival handled this right. Honoring this price sets a terrible precedent that everyone can jump in and take advantage when there is an obvious error. 

They did and you are correct

Well for me a savings of $70 as I wouldnt buy it normally. Mostly just used cheers when I had it for specialty coffee. Coffee isnt that expensive. 

I would bet they got a lot like me who normally can justify the cost. 

Disappointed but not surprised. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Well for me a savings of $70 as I wouldnt buy it normally. Mostly just used cheers when I had it for specialty coffee. Coffee isnt that expensive. 

I would bet they got a lot like me who normally can justify the cost. 

Disappointed but not surprised. 

I can certainly understand that, if I could get it for that price for a whole cruise, it would be a home run.  We do not drink enough he make it worth buying at the current package price.  

• Like 5

If it had been something reasonable (like a third off or something) I could see where Carnival might have to honor it under various state's deceptive trade practices act, but no one could reasonably believe that Carnival would be selling Cheers for 1/7 its normal price. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, canes20 said:

I saw it while it was still up and it DID say $59.95 per day. 

In the summary it did not say 'per day', but you wouldn't expect it to.

All that happened was the multiplier glitched after choosing Cheers.

I honestly cannot see how Carnival would be required to, or even why they would choose to do anything for anyone.

What they should do is say, "OK, you chose Cheers for $59.95 per day, which day do you want?"

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bob NC said:

I saw it while it was still up and it DID say $59.95 per day. 

In the summary it did not say 'per day', but you wouldn't expect it to.

All that happened was the multiplier glitched after choosing Cheers.

I honestly cannot see how Carnival would be required to, or even why they would choose to do anything for anyone.

What they should do is say, "OK, you chose Cheers for $59.95 per day, which day do you want?"

I just did not remember what it said on the first screen. I do not have any issue with how Carnival handled the glitch. If people cannot understand that it was a mistake, then they are just looking to complain.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1