TK Grill reservations not available

kahuna21

11 hours ago, kahuna21 said:

That’s interesting. We have an Encore cruise in October and I made a couple TKG reservations for that cruise a couple of weeks ago. 

Perhaps I my comment was a bit too all-encompassing,  but there have certainly been major problems with the TKG reservations for at least 6 months.  There was another thread here on that subject back in the April timeframe.

48 minutes ago, fdnycruiser said:

Back in April on the Ovation TA from Miami to Dover, the reservations disappeared .

Yes, that has been know to happen, and they can also reappear.

It's a good idea to keep the email that SB emails you after you make the reservations (They're titled "Confirmation of Your Seabourn Purchases," even though you don't pay for the reservations) and also to take a screenshot of your confirmation on the website.

No reservations? Disappearing reservations? No access to reservations system?

Basta! What type of service does Seabourn offer, and for how many months have they failed to deliver on its website offerings?

It is amazing how patient the faithful are. But that’s the faith business.

Happy and healthy sailing!

59 minutes ago, markham said:

No reservations? Disappearing reservations? No access to reservations system?

Basta! What type of service does Seabourn offer, and for how many months have they failed to deliver on its website offerings?

It is amazing how patient the faithful are. But that’s the faith business.

Happy and healthy sailing!

Morning Markham,

I have given up booking TKG online and always get a table once on board.

I too have seen the famous disappearing act.

The website is challenging but so are some other lines especially when trying to source info of a particular cruise.

No TKG on Pursuit and only three places to dine and one of those is our suite.

Restaurant has been doing well and the ship is buying fresh produce ashore each day so fish has been exceptional.

Good deals if you book onboard for these expedition vessels.

My vote would be Asian, as this could cover both south Asian and Indian subcontinent dishes, perhaps on alternate evenings, with chefs already on board who come from those countries, and a bit more all encompassing than Italian.  When passengers ask for a special dinner from these areas they always report how good and authentic they are.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, imescaping said:

I was told only 1/3 of TK spots are allocated before the cruise. Once on board, we went to Seabourn square and easily got an acceptable reservation time for us. 

I think this is sensible , why do people have to book a year in advance, I have never failed to get a reservation on board. I do not want it to get like some other lines  that when you arrive on board to find all tables have been booked before departure for the whole cruise

• Like 2

7 hours ago, lincslady said:

My vote would be Asian, as this could cover both south Asian and Indian subcontinent dishes, perhaps on alternate evenings, with chefs already on board who come from those countries, and a bit more all encompassing than Italian.  When passengers ask for a special dinner from these areas they always report how good and authentic they are.

Funny you should mention that.

I am having a curry tonight cooked by the executive chef who is indeed Indian.

I'm looking forward to  it.

By contrast I am having lunch in Portofino tomorrow at the Hotel Splendido.

Two very different experiences.

Both good though.

We can get outstanding Asian food everywhere in Southern California. 
We can get outstanding Italian food many places in Southern California. 
We can not get even poor French food in Southern California. 
We love being able to do things on vacation that we can’t do at home. 
The Chartreuse restaurant on some Regent ships is outstanding. 

I'm wavering now;  I have had some lovely meals in Chartreuse on Regent, and that would certainly be another choice for me - the rather 'old fashioned' type of French cooking.

It just shows that 'you can't please all the people......'   is very true.  Even so, to properly use the chefs already on the ships would be not only less expensive for SB, but would I feel sure help with staff morale, which affects us all.