Lobster

MsSoCalCruiser

55 minutes ago, Susan in Maine said:

The lobster on cruises is definitely overrated. I'm from Maine, and the fresh-from-the-ocean lobster we have up here is incredible!

Yes, Fresh Lobster is great. I think that's pretty much true of all seafood - shrimp taken right off the shrimp boats and fish freshly caught are so much better than their frozen counterparts

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, phoneman69 said:

I thought that i had read it needed to be a 6 day cruise for lobster in the MDR. Thanks

Yes only included for cruises of 6 nights or more. They now serve lobster on the 2nd elegant night and only cruises of 6 nights or more have 2 elegant nights.

As has been mentioned you can purchase a steakhouse selection upcharge entree on any night of any sailing if you want lobster. I don't know if the lobster you pay extra for will be any better than what you would get included on a longer cruise, however.

On 8/30/2023 at 2:46 PM, jiggs said:

yes, on a 7 day cruise it will be the 2nd elegant night.  They're small, have your friend ask for 2.

Rookie move. The pro move is a lobster and prime rib. On my last cruise, I was very surprised at the quality of the prime rib. 

.....and then the dining staff brought me another lobster anyways. Well I guess I can't waste it!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2023 at 6:26 PM, Butterbean1000 said:

This is the only lobster I get.  I like it.

LOL...I can relate! 

I normally get 2 lobsters if I'm not too hungry. Otherwise, I get one lobster and the prime rib. Either way, I leave the MDR as one happy camper. 

• Like 2