Rothys shoes, anyone?

ysolde

So I finally caved and bought a pair of Rothy's pointy-toed Mary Jane flats.  They are incredibly comfortable.  It feels like I am wearing a pair of slippers.  But they look (relatively) stylish.  Let's face it, they are not ever going to be a pair of Manolos or Jimmy Choos.  However, as I get older, I find my tolerance for high, high heels has decreased quite a bit.  The other thing is that, especially on cruises, my feet tend to swell quite a bit, so I tend to stick to flats and wider shoes.  So I may end up buying the Rothys in a larger, wider size, to accommodate my "cruise feet".  Has anyone tried Rothys shoes on a cruise?  What are your thoughts?

I love the way they look, and see them everywhere these days, including on cruises.  That said, I can't wear them, either, because they don't offer any arch support, and I have high arches and have to have something that accommodates those.  But super cute, practical, go with everything, and if they work for you, I'd definitely take them on your next cruise.

• Thanks 1

I have three pairs....I love them, but I have a wide, size 11 and very flat these days foot.  Can't do them.  They probably will all be hitting a sale site like Poshmark or eBay this winter.  The pink ones I bought are going to kill me.  I have Tieks that I will be doing the same thing to.  

I hate my feet.

• Thanks 1

On 9/20/2023 at 1:14 PM, 57redbird said:

Not Rothy's related BUT...I need some slippery/silky low cut footies for some Merrell slip-ons...they fit just fine but I like to wear some sort of foot cover in my shoes....any ideas on brands?

There was another thread on this and I can't find it at the moment.  Several people had different brands that they really liked.  What I've found personally is that the brand doesn't matter as much, at least not for me, as long as there is a round dot in the heel that is a type of anti-slip material.  I have several different brands, and as long as that dot is there, they stay up.

1 hour ago, aungrl said:

There was another thread on this and I can't find it at the moment.  Several people had different brands that they really liked.  What I've found personally is that the brand doesn't matter as much, at least not for me, as long as there is a round dot in the heel that is a type of anti-slip material.  I have several different brands, and as long as that dot is there, they stay up.

Thanks -- I know about the silicone strip in the back....I'm looking for really low cut footies that are made of whatever panty hose are made of --- nylon maybe --- so they're slippery.

23 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

Thanks -- I know about the silicone strip in the back....I'm looking for really low cut footies that are made of whatever panty hose are made of --- nylon maybe --- so they're slippery.

Silicone strips!  Thank you - I couldn't think of that for the life of me.  And thanks for the clarification on the nylon footies.  I don't think I've ever seen those.  Sorry I can't help!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 57redbird said:

I found some at TJMaxx, the brand name was ‘NoName’!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/23/2023 at 7:53 PM, 57redbird said:

These sound like what you’re looking for. I love them so much I bought them twice!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QKY1S1D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, amtatom said:

These sound like what you’re looking for. I love them so much I bought them twice!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QKY1S1D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I looked at the ad....could you post a pic of them on you so I can really see them, please?  It's the outside height I'm worried about.  TIA.

8 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

I looked at the ad....could you post a pic of them on you so I can really see them, please?  It's the outside height I'm worried about.  TIA.

I would say the product pictures are very accurate, at least on my feet. I have no trouble wearing these with loafers and slip on sneakers. Ballet flats may be iffy; it would depend on the shoe I think. The silicone goes all the way around the edge, which allows one small amounts of “adjustments” by pushing it slightly down in one spot if needed. It's also helpful because they are truly nude on my skin, but of course that varies.

19 hours ago, amtatom said:

I would say the product pictures are very accurate, at least on my feet. I have no trouble wearing these with loafers and slip on sneakers. Ballet flats may be iffy; it would depend on the shoe I think. The silicone goes all the way around the edge, which allows one small amounts of “adjustments” by pushing it slightly down in one spot if needed. It's also helpful because they are truly nude on my skin, but of course that varies.

Thanks...it's worth a try.

On 9/26/2023 at 3:33 PM, amtatom said:

Thanks!  These do work!

• Like 1

I have a few pairs of Rothy’s and I love them. I haven’t taken them on a cruise yet but I plan to on my next one. They say you can add an insole if you need more support but I haven’t tried. I have walked quite the distance wearing them but I do try to avoid that if possible since they aren’t that comfortable for that long of a walk. However, they are the most comfortable pair of flats I have owned. I also love that they are washable. My black pair has probably gone through the washer 20+ times and they still look great. My daughter has wide feet and she finds they don’t work for her. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I have two pair, and I love them. I have the square toed flats and the ballerina flats. No, they’re not gonna give you a whole lot of support, that’s a fact, but they look good for a long time and they squished down and don’t get hurt and a suitcase. 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

• Like 1

On 9/16/2023 at 9:59 AM, ysolde said:

So I finally caved and bought a pair of Rothy's pointy-toed Mary Jane flats.  They are incredibly comfortable.  It feels like I am wearing a pair of slippers.  But they look (relatively) stylish.  Let's face it, they are not ever going to be a pair of Manolos or Jimmy Choos.  However, as I get older, I find my tolerance for high, high heels has decreased quite a bit.  The other thing is that, especially on cruises, my feet tend to swell quite a bit, so I tend to stick to flats and wider shoes.  So I may end up buying the Rothys in a larger, wider size, to accommodate my "cruise feet".  Has anyone tried Rothys shoes on a cruise?  What are your thoughts?

I have about TEN pairs of Rothys and now my feet have gotten wider so I got a pair of these, aimed to people with wider feet. (My doctor told me that as we age the arch in our foot starts to flatten and make your foot wider. Dagnabit) I love the new ones.

https://www.vivaia.com/

I love them as well as Tieks, however all of mine are going to be going.  Sadly the no support thing is not helping my knee issue or my planter fasciitis.  I love all the colors and how fun they are.  I've tried everything to wear them.  I love them particularly for cruising because they take up little space.  Age sucks sometimes!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2023 at 12:14 PM, 57redbird said:

Not Rothy's related BUT...I need some slippery/silky low cut footies for some Merrell slip-ons...they fit just fine but I like to wear some sort of foot cover in my shoes....any ideas on brands?

I have some from Sketchers that work very well for lower cut shoes, and, they don't slip off the heel!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a little late to the party here, but I've worn my Rothy's Points on our last few cruises and felt that they were a great addition to my onboard wardrobe. I'll be taking them with me again next month, in fact. When I purchased my first pair, someone told me to size up and add a supportive insole, which I've always done and it really helps comfort-wise. I also recently purchased the "new model," the Rothy's Point II, which I can verify has "improved fit, feel and comfort."