Coin operated laundry on the Wonder.

1 minute ago, Tazzybear14 said:

It took my husband and I many cruised to realize that there are coin operated laundry facilities on most of the cruise ships.  Not many and they are usually hidden gem.  "WONDERING" if the Wonder has thenm as well?

Royal Ships do not have self Serve Machines. Though Serenade will have some only for the World Cruise

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Tazzybear14 said:

It took my husband and I many cruised to realize that there are coin operated laundry facilities on most of the cruise ships.  Not many and they are usually hidden gem.  "WONDERING" if the Wonder has thenm as well?

Sounds like you been on carnival who had them though with mardi gras they stopped. None on mardi gras and her sisters. Too many of us have free laundry. Not much demand for them.

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Sounds like you been on carnival who had them though with mardi gras they stopped. None on mardi gras and her sisters. Too many of us have free laundry. Not much demand for them.

Carnival, Norwegion and DIsney as well.  Ah too bad, love taking some clean clothes home 😞

9 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Too many of us have free laundry. Not much demand for them.

When did the free laundry benefit start for everyone? Sounds awesome. 

I ask jokingly. There are cruisers that do not have this benefit yet.😉

10 hours ago, Tazzybear14 said:

Carnival, Norwegion and DIsney as well.  Ah too bad, love taking some clean clothes home 😞

the older carnival ships do still have coin operated laundry  like the magic, dream, miracle, glory, etc, etc

3 hours ago, blueslily said:

When did the free laundry benefit start for everyone? Sounds awesome.  I ask jokingly. There are cruisers that do not have this benefit yet.😉

But, you can still do a fill-a-bag offer to get essentials cleaned, as needed. 

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

One of the things we will try to track down when we are on Serenade for the month of November.

Just off Serenade last weekend.  I asked our room steward where they were putting the new laundry area, he wasn't sure where or when it would be installed.

38 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Just off Serenade last weekend.  I asked our room steward where they were putting the new laundry area, he wasn't sure where or when it would be installed.

We are on Serenade from 11/7 through 12/5, and the world cruise starts four days after we get off, so they have to be installed by then.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We are on Serenade from 11/7 through 12/5, and the world cruise starts four days after we get off, so they have to be installed by then.

I suspect you will see a lot of renovations being done on your sailings to get the ship ready.

The first day we boarded serenade on 9.12 they were replacing the coolers with mini refrigerators.   Boy. They sure are mini.  Barely fit 3 bottles of water, no way to fit wine or a small plate with desert. 

I think Someone goofed on the size ordered.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I suspect you will see a lot of renovations being done on your sailings to get the ship ready.

We have quite a long list from the world cruisers for things to look for that they were promised. We agree that November will definitely be a shakedown cruise for Serenade. I expect that a lot will be done when she deadheads from Boston to Miami the week before we board on the 7th. Since they put a 4 nighter into the schedule after we get off on 12/5, they should be done in time.

6 hours ago, blueslily said:

most of the clothes we bring on cruises I wouldn’t put in their “free” laundry. Yes, it is a good perk, but only for things like underwear, socks, pjs, maybe a pair of shorts or two and T shirts you don’t mind possibly coming back gray. One time I had a bra come back and the metal clasps were almost melted together. I’m not kidding.. Ive learned to bring things that are hand washable and I wash in the sink….of course this is only for long cruises such as TAs

Edited by lovesthebeach2

7 hours ago, blueslily said:

He clearly was a carnival cruiser whose biggie perk is free laundry, which is why I said even carnival has stopped ...I see a lot of carnival cruiser questions. .. just saw someone ask of red bull counted toward his 15 drink limit.. .. asking on a wonder board. People get them mixed up. 

Dont remember when unlimited free laundry is on carnival. 1 bag or maybe more starts like platinum.  

1 hour ago, George C said:

Princess used to have them 

They still had them on the Island Princess in May 2023 going through the Panama Canal, and there was a lot of demand for the machines, at least on the deck I was on. Anne

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mark+Anne said:

They still had them on the Island Princess in May 2023 going through the Panama Canal, and there was a lot of demand for the machines, at least on the deck I was on. Anne

We learned vey early on when we sailed on Disney to never book a cabin on a deck with a laundry room.

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yeah forgot to ask that myself but onboard contractors were running Internet, mattresses and replacing Coolers/Fridges last 3+ wks. Heard lot of metal grinding on port days, not sure where was coming from though

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Diamond+ and up, sure...