Champagne on embarkation day ?

monakayk

They stopped offering it at the boarding door at the restart to minimize crowding.

Depending on where boarding was there were glasses of sparkling wine and mimosas at Cafe al Bacio, the Martini Bar or Cellar Masters.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Northern Aurora said:

I am curious regarding which ship the OP will be cruising.  We were B2B2B2B on the Eclipse this spring and there were glasses of the bubbly on a tray on the counter of Cafe al Bacio.  Folks were free to take one.  It was the equivalent of the boarding bubbly.

I stated in my signature I'm going on Celebrity Reflection.

11 minutes ago, Boston lab girl said:

I really miss the champagne. I cruise Royal and Celebrity pretty much equally and always felt the champagne said you have upgraded. The other nice touch I hope they don’t get rid of is the water and cold towels after an excursion. 

That would be a shame if they stopped the cold towels & water after an excursion. Funny, it was one the major reasons I started cruising with Celebrity.

Back around 2006 I was living and working on the Gulf Coast. All we knew about cruising was the 2 cruise lines CCL & NCL that regularly sailed out of New Orleans. I was on a NCL ship for a Caribbean cruise and we docked next to a Celebrity ship in the Caribbean. It was a really hot humid day and when I saw the Celebrity passengers getting cold towels and drinks, I said my wife that's 'class, they really know how to treat the passengers' and we tried Celebrity. Been doing Celebrity ever since especially after I retired a few years later and the kids were gone. 😊

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Banjo said:

That would be a shame if they stopped the cold towels & water after an excursion. Funny, it was one the major reasons I started cruising with Celebrity.

Back around 2006 I was living and working on the Gulf Coast. All we knew about cruising was the 2 cruise lines CCL & NCL that regularly sailed out of New Orleans. I was on a NCL ship for a Caribbean cruise and we docked next to a Celebrity ship in the Caribbean. It was a really hot humid day and when I saw the Celebrity passengers getting cold towels and drinks, I said my wife that's 'class, they really know how to treat the passengers' and we tried Celebrity. Been doing Celebrity ever since especially after I retired a few years later and the kids were gone. 😊

Agree on all of that, real hand towels in the mens room is a nice touch too…

• Like 3

11 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

I’m guessing it has always been Proseco, and try the Coffee bar area upon boarding.

I always cruise with a drink package, so it’s not really something I miss..

Hello,

It's not even Prosecco - usually just a sparkling wine, eg Chandon or 'Celebrity Vintages' (whatever that is).

Regards,

Cublet

17 hours ago, monakayk said:

Do they still give out free champagne in glasses on embarkation day? If so where is this done? Thanks in advance

Our first 4 cruises after the startup noticed no sparkling wine on boarding but on Septembers b2b there was bottles on most bars for a complementary flute, This was Reflection, and thankfully the cold towels and cool drinks in ports when going back on the ship! I love this.On Oceania in June when it was very hot we weren’t offered this.

6 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

It's not even Prosecco - usually just a sparkling wine, eg Chandon or 'Celebrity Vintages' (whatever that is).

Regards,

Cublet

Or as the crew affectionately call it "Chateau de Gangway" 😂

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Regards,

Cublet

It’s not Chandon.  It is Celebrity Vintages, just ok in a mimosa. 

No bubbly while boarding.  We usually get our free glass in the MDR with the Concierge Embarkation luncheon.   I will definitely check at Cafe al Baccio or the Passport Bar for a free glass when we board Reflection in February! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Regards,

Cublet

I know what makes Champagne Champagne..but I didn't realize that Prosecco and sparkling wine were different..I always thought Prosecco was sparkling wine.  Shows what I know.  

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

I know what makes Champagne Champagne..but I didn't realize that Prosecco and sparkling wine were different..I always thought Prosecco was sparkling wine.  Shows what I know.  

They are all sparkling wines. Champagne is sparkling wine made in a specific area of France, and it's designation is protected by law. Prosecco is sparkling wine made in specific areas of Italy, and its designation is also protected by law. Other sparkling wines are just sparkling wines.

7 minutes ago, mom says said:

They are all sparkling wines. Champagne is sparkling wine made in a specific area of France, and it's designation is protected by law. Prosecco is sparkling wine made in specific areas of Italy, and its designation is also protected by law. Other sparkling wines are just sparkling wines.

I knew the Champagne distinction, I had not heard of the Prosecco distinction..thanks for the clarity.  

10 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I knew the Champagne distinction, I had not heard of the Prosecco distinction..thanks for the clarity.  

My experience for embarkation champagnes it has been a "lower" end Champagne, domestic produced from a Champagne house, i.e. Chandon, or Prosecco. So, it's whatever the ship wants to serve. 

1 hour ago, mom says said:

In addition to coming from the Champagne region of France, Champagne is also a specific method (méthode champenoise) of making a sparkling wine involving a second fermentation that produces the bubbles, vs a single fermentation as is used to make Chardonnay.  Prosecco is made using a Charmat method that results in larger bubbles.  (google is just full on interesting information) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

In addition to coming from the Champagne region of France, Champagne is also a specific method (méthode champenoise) of making a sparkling wine involving a second fermentation that produces the bubbles, vs a single fermentation as is used to make Chardonnay.  Prosecco is made using a Charmat method that results in larger bubbles.  (google is just full on interesting information) 

And, not to add to the additional good information, many, the domestic French Champagne houses, such as Mumm and Chandon, if not most state they use methode champenoise. Champagne, domestic French houses or French, is our go to on cruises and the staff always pours what's acceptable to us as we do not care for Prosecco.