Food & Beverage Update from the President

AnnaNicole

6 hours ago, upwarduk said:

There was the opportunity to comment at the end of the Webinar.

I did that, saying being served cake instead of vegetables was unacceptable, even though we were told it was Sweetcorn cake.

Extra carbohydrates is not a balanced diet. And this happened x2.

I hope they read the comments.

Also I was served chickpeas with my fish.

I thought they were based beans.

IMG_2023.thumb.jpeg.d150b663078d217e9f408c13842f8749.jpeg

No matter what they are, I would have told the waiter to immediately remove the entire plate!!!  This reminds me of the food we received at a summer sleep-away camp over 60 years ago. I also wouldn't eat it then was well!!! 😝

"New" MDR menu is now on the app for our 5 nt. Summit sailing Nov 18th. Old menu was there a few months ago, then went off. So assuming it will be on pre-thanksgiving. Very little change in apps,still mostly soups and salads. They seem to have fewer pastas and some different entrees, fewer mashed potatoes. Prime Rib first night and a Grilled Lamb T-Bone another night I guess taking the place of rack of lamb from the "old days". Classic apps and mains are now separate too.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RedIguana said:

The only reason I have not tried VV is because of their non-traditional cabin styles on balcony and below. I'm usually book balconies or junior suites (mini-suites), not full suites. I'm not sure VV suites are in my budget, and the balcony cabins all have a weird bed by night couch by day setup and very minimalistic cabins. Minimalistic as in very little storage or desk space. Fine for 4-5 nights storage, not good for longer. And although I do some 4-5 nighters just because I find close in deals and can drive to the ports, I find 7 nights too short. Desk barely large enough just for my laptop, with no other in-cabin counter space. Yes I have that 17.3 inch gaming monster. I do hope they add in more traditional cabin setups on any new ships they build, especially since it appears they are doing the 7 night cruises now and have branched out from just POM.

I've done two VV in the best cabin below Suites and I 100% agree with your assessment. In my reviews I have repeatedly mentioned that the cabins look like a nice college dorm room and the best feature of the XL Terrace category is the nice bathroom. Having said that the food quality overall bested Celebrity's flagship Beyond. Kudos to the pastry chefs on VV. The bakery and sweets are specialty Bakery quality.  

PXL_20230119_190454137 (4).jpg

PXL_20230119_142226049 (2).jpg

PXL_20230116_190040951 (3).jpg

PXL_20230116_184258814 (4).jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, calicakes said:

Hopefully, they get rid of this. I wouldn't serve this to my dog . 

20231101_130319.jpg 

oh my.. someone could do a u tube of the chick peas, pockmarked ham other cold cuts.. hate to use a bad word but this stuff  is "dr*e*ck!"

19 minutes ago, aicruiser said:

"New" MDR menu is now on the app for our 5 nt. Summit sailing Nov 18th. Old menu was there a few months ago, then went off. So assuming it will be on pre-thanksgiving. Very little change in apps,still mostly soups and salads. They seem to have fewer pastas and some different entrees, fewer mashed potatoes. Prime Rib first night and a Grilled Lamb T-Bone another night I guess taking the place of rack of lamb from the "old days". Classic apps and mains are now separate too.

I don’t see what you’re seeing for that specific cruise. The classics are not separated from either the appetizers or the entrées.

6 minutes ago, High on the Seas said:

I don’t see what you’re seeing for that specific cruise. The classics are not separated from either the appetizers or the entrées.

Sorry yes, on the app it doesn't show them separate, but when you get the paper menu in the MDR they will be separate.

4 hours ago, RTShaker said:

Methinks this is a little outdated  CelebrityCenturymenus(October1998)-1.pdf

Apparently it was supposed to be someone's idea of a joke, which causes over 100 of us (and counting) to download it and waste time looking at it. I don't consider wasting my time to be funny.

And before someone says "but it says 1998", that piece does not show up in the download name of the post.

Edited by MisterBill99
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

Apparently it was supposed to be someone's idea of a joke, which causes over 100 of us (and counting) to download it and waste time looking at it. I don't consider wasting my time to be funny.

You were a character in Stripes, right? 

If your one minute +/- spent looking at that was so valuable, why waste even longer griping about it?

Internet: Read and ignore if you don't like something.

37 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

Internet: Read and ignore if you don't like something.

I hate people who use that excuse for sending garbage emails and then telling you to delete it if you don't like it.

I expect garbage posts on social media cruise groups. Not on CC.

Edited by MisterBill99
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

I hate people who use that excuse for sending garbage emails and then telling you to delete it if you don't like it.

I expect garbage posts on social media cruise groups. Not on CC.

Just because the joke went over your head doesn't mean it wasn't funny. Lighten up.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Just because the joke went over your head doesn't mean it wasn't funny. Lighten up.

I thought it was funny myself…we all need to lighten up at times..we are talking about cruising..it is supposed to be fun. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, foodsvcmgr said:

Customers typically want to talk to a Sr. Management figure who is relatable and relaxed, not stiff or pompous.

Clearly these ladies in this situation are damned if they do, damned if they don’t……

Well said. 

• Like 2

On 11/2/2023 at 2:08 PM, aicruiser said:

@aicruiser- thanks for sharing about the menus being updated on the app.   Just check my cruise on the Beyond (11/22) and 2 of the 4 MDR menus aren’t showing at all and the 2 that are showing don’t seem to have any updated menus.  (TBH - I didn’t memorize what was there before so those 2 could have changed).  Regardless I’m hoping that all the menus have been updated for the crusie otherwise it will be 6 days of hoping to find something to eat.  (We did book 3 night as of specialty restaurants that I’m looking forward to.)

1 hour ago, jagger1 said:

@aicruiser- thanks for sharing about the menus being updated on the app.   Just check my cruise on the Beyond (11/22) and 2 of the 4 MDR menus aren’t showing at all and the 2 that are showing don’t seem to have any updated menus.  (TBH - I didn’t memorize what was there before so those 2 could have changed).  Regardless I’m hoping that all the menus have been updated for the crusie otherwise it will be 6 days of hoping to find something to eat.  (We did book 3 night as of specialty restaurants that I’m looking forward to.)

My Nov 25 Reflection cruise is showing updated Luminae menus. They look great! I’m not currently in the Retreat though. I have my fingers crossed for a Move Up.

6 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Why not post them?  Also are the MDR menus updates?

Because anyone can use the app to see them. And I’m pretty sure they’ll change around. For example, the chocolate sphere dessert was on the menu within the first several days, and I thought that was usually placed on much longer cruises.
The MDR changes weren’t as noticeable. 

• Like 2

On 11/2/2023 at 2:47 AM, MisterBill99 said:

And if you read the Celebrity social media groups, there are MANY current (and loyal, Elite and up) Celebrity customers who are booking VV cruises to give them a look, and it's primarily because of the food (not the tattoo parlor or drag brunch). I'm one of them. My wife was apprehensive at first, but now she reads me posts that she's seeing daily from people doing the same.

This is exactly what we did based on the thread on CC. We booked a five-night cruise on VV Scarlet Lady last month. As it turned out, it's not the cruise line for us for many reasons primarily relating to comfort overall, the veranda staterooms' shortcomings, and the ship's exterior spaces (which are dreadfully designed compared to the often stunning interiors), but the food in the restaurants (and room service) gives the lie to those who believe cruise ship food can never be as good as the food in land-based restaurants. The food (and service!) was really excellent, and the first time I've wanted recipes while on a cruise ship. That said, the Gallery, Virgin Voyages' name for the buffet-they-refuse-to-call-a-buffet, was somewhat disappointing. Very good ramen if you like that (we do!) but everything else became quite repetitive; there are small, limited set menus for each station that are unvarying throughout the cruise. The only concession to a buffet experience is that they have one or two dishes (Indian curry, etc.) at dinner in the Galley that rotate. I wonder if they even had that at the beginning.