Status Match Question - Will this work?

blueslily

Hello.

I have sailed on Royal and will be selling on Celebrity for the first time in early February for my birthday cruise. I treated myself to a Sunset Veranda on the new Ascent for this birthday cruise. I already did a status match with Celebrity during the booking process and my status is Select.

For this birthday cruise, I would like to possibly have Elite status because I think that I will be sailing 2-3 more Celebrity Cruises on Edge class ships after this birthday cruise.

I've read on here that it's easier and faster to get to Diamond  on Royal than Elite on Celebrity. So, my plan is to try to get to Diamond on Royal before my upcoming cruise on Celebrity in early February So that my status will update to Elite for Celebrity before my sailing. Celebrity says yes, if my status with Royal changes up a tire before my sailing, my status with them will indeed update. Great.

Getting to Diamond on Royal  will only require 2 solo sailings in which I will get double points. The issue is that I am only available to do those two solo cruises in january. Currently I'm already booked on a cruise in December on a different line. So I cannot add another cruise to december. With the Thanksgiving holiday coming up, I don't think I can add a cruise to november.

My question is for those who cruise a lot on Royal. How quickly do your points usually post to your account?  And, will the status update quickly to Diamond once I hit 80?

When I talk with the Crown and Anchor folks at Royal, they say the points take 30 days to post and that I should get all my sailings in by December in order for there to be time for my points to populate and my status to change to Duamond.  I know that is a standard response.

I have picked out 2 Royal cruises to get the points I need. My last sailing on Royal will end January 21st. That is really close to my cruise on Celebrity which is Feb 4. I've read on here that some people say their points populate in like one week after their Royal cruise ends. If that is the usual case, that will be totally fine since my cruise on Celebrity starts February 4th. i know that is super close though. So, I'm worried about this plan.

For people who  question why am I status chasing, again I plan to cruise on Celebrity for probably three or four more cruises after this birthday cruise. I don't plan to cruise with Royal again until maybe 2025. So if I can get to the Elite status on Celebrity now and start from there, I would rather do that by just taking two more Royal solo cruises then how long it takes me to get to Elite cruising on Celebrity.

***As an alternative plan, I can possibly fit in a last minute cruise on Royal the last week of November and just do one cruise in January. With that plan, my final Royal cruise will end January 12 which will allow a little more time for my points to post and status to update.

Thanks everyone

I have a question. Is it true that you can only status match once with celebrity. I see the OP says she talked to celebrity and as long as she gets in more pts before the first time she sails celebrity they will status match her to the new higher level. 

What if for whatever reason she got there later. After she cruised on celebrity. Is status match only allowed once?

Although you can't get any tier benefits level until you complete the sail, but the Loyalty Ambassador may have the updated points while you are cruising.  For instance, when you earn a C&A crystal block you earn the block for the cruise that you are currently on.  I go to the LA and she checks the total points required and gives me the block. 

It’s been a while but we had been Captains Club members on Celebrity with maybe three sailings before becoming Diamond with Royal. Within a week we received an email from Celebrity welcoming us as Elite members so apparently they communicated pretty quickly. 

49 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I have a question. Is it true that you can only status match once with celebrity. I see the OP says she talked to celebrity and as long as she gets in more pts before the first time she sails celebrity they will status match her to the new higher level. 

What if for whatever reason she got there later. After she cruised on celebrity. Is status match only allowed once?

Thanks for your question because I thought it all had to be done prior to my first Celebrity sailing based on what I read. 

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Your reciprocal status [automatically] updates for each tier change, up to Diamond/Elite.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/cas-loyalty-flyer.pdf

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

Your reciprocal status [automatically] updates for each tier change, up to Diamond/Elite.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/cas-loyalty-flyer.pdf

Yes, I reviewed that document as well. I think that posters question was if the tier changes will continue to occur after sailing on the second cruise line (after the first sailing on that line). 

44 minutes ago, blueslily said:

Yes, I reviewed that document as well. I think that posters question was if the tier changes will continue to occur after sailing on the second cruise line (after the first sailing on that line). 

You don't have many significant benefits with Elite on Celebrity so it is not really worth booking cruises just for this goal. Diamond benefits on Royal are much better.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

You don't have many significant benefits with Elite on Celebrity so it is not really worth booking cruises just for this goal. Diamond benefits on Royal are much better.

Thanks. I see that topic debated on here a bit. Happy cruising. 😊 

2 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

We cruised with Celebrity on Silhouette in June this year after a hiatus of more than 10 years , it was our 5th cruise with them but we are Elite  due to our Royal C&A level. We opted to book their  package which included drinks , WiFi and gratuities , I believe since that cruise the gratuities part has been removed but don't quote me.  We could have saved ourselves a ton of  money as complimentary UNLIMITED drinks are served 5pm til 7pm I think it was , there were cocktail parties with complimentary drinks , we had some included wifi plus some other Elite perks which I forget . 

For a classier more upmarket experience I think the OP is working it right . Next time , and there will be a next time with Celebrity, we will just go standard fare and see how we get on with the Elite perks for a comparison with Royal but I wouldn't dismiss their Elite perks outright ..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I am currently D+ with RCI and cruise on Celebrity a few times per year. Every time I have cruised on a Celebrity ship my status has been “upgraded” to Elite. Additionally, I have never had to call Celebrity to do this, it was done without any prompt from me. 

2 hours ago, heatherb1958 said:

We cruised with Celebrity on Silhouette in June this year after a hiatus of more than 10 years , it was our 5th cruise with them but we are Elite  due to our Royal C&A level. We opted to book their  package which included drinks , WiFi and gratuities , I believe since that cruise the gratuities part has been removed but don't quote me.  We could have saved ourselves a ton of  money as complimentary UNLIMITED drinks are served 5pm til 7pm I think it was , there were cocktail parties with complimentary drinks , we had some included wifi plus some other Elite perks which I forget . 

For a classier more upmarket experience I think the OP is working it right . Next time , and there will be a next time with Celebrity, we will just go standard fare and see how we get on with the Elite perks for a comparison with Royal but I wouldn't dismiss their Elite perks outright ..

Thank you so much!

39 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I am currently D+ with RCI and cruise on Celebrity a few times per year. Every time I have cruised on a Celebrity ship my status has been “upgraded” to Elite. Additionally, I have never had to call Celebrity to do this, it was done without any prompt from me. 

Thanks so much. 

6 hours ago, blueslily said:

Thanks. I see that topic debated on here a bit. Happy cruising. 😊 

Why not wait and make that determination based on your own experiences and not others opinions. 

Edited by doghog

1 minute ago, doghog said:

Post #15. 

Oh, I was kindly acknowledging the person. The topic is indeed debated here a bit.

Yes, I  plan to continue with my plan to get to Diamond and Elite before my birthday sailing. Everyone has their own value of things and reasons for doing things. ️ My decision isn't only about what I get with Elite. 

Thanks

• Like 1