Makes me laugh a little

Knickearth

After reading cc for quite sometime and especially post major covid - I read the food is not what it was in quantity and quality, the elite perks also have dropped or disappeared altogether, and a lot of the costs have skyrocketed.  I can only surmise Princess is no longer interested in loyalty of slightly older or very much older individuals.  What is funny is that these same older folks have children and grandchildren who want to cruise now or later and a lot of us who use to automatically recommend a princess cruise, will no longer.  Losing business is not a good business plan.   

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Knickearth said:

After reading cc for quite sometime and especially post major covid - I read the food is not what it was in quantity and quality, the elite perks also have dropped or disappeared altogether, and a lot of the costs have skyrocketed.  I can only surmise Princess is no longer interested in loyalty of slightly older or very much older individuals.  What is funny is that these same older folks have children and grandchildren who want to cruise now or later and a lot of us who use to automatically recommend a princess cruise, will no longer.  Losing business is not a good business plan.   

Princess has cut back on lot of things after Covid. 

• Like 4

I've been reading CC more than normal prior to our upcoming cruise over the holidays, and I was starting to stress over the fact that everything seems to be deteriorating.  However, I've realised that everyone prioritises different things and each experience is unique.  I probably wouldn't have noticed most of the things people complain about here, so I've decided to go in with an open mind and just take things as they come.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Well, not meaning to direct this at you but, complaining sure hasn’t seen a cut back!   

One of my relatives works in television.  Their rule of thumb is every letter of complaint that their station receives equals around 700 viewers who didn't complain.

With that in mind, if someone or something doesn't deliver as promised or as would normally be expected, I complain for me and on behalf of those who don't bother and just accept substandard products and services.

4 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

One of my relatives works in television.  Their rule of thumb is every letter of complaint that their station receives equals around 700 viewers who didn't complain.

With that in mind, if someone or something doesn't deliver as promised or as would normally be expected, I complain for me and on behalf of those who don't bother and just accept substandard products and services.

These complaints do not appear to be substandard products or services … just a lack of appreciation / gratitude!  I try to just pass on by but really thought by the title of this thread, this one might be a little different.  The things people are getting mad, upset, furious, indignant over are bordering on ridiculous.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

I complain a lot about the cutbacks.  I also fully understand that cruise lines lost a lot of revenue being shut down for over a year.  It cuts both ways.  I will remain loyal to them if they remain loyal to me.

Prices have to go up, everything is.  Don't cut loyalty benefits as part of your cost increases/cutting.  You should want to keep loyal customers who were loyal before the shutdown to be loyal after.

I think the prevalent thought amond cruise line execs after the pandemic ended and ships started really sailing full again that more people are cruising after lockdowns and therefore they can afford to be less loyal to previous customers.  That might work for a while, but with the US economy suffering and getting worse, biting the loyal hand might come back to be an issue for them.  It also might not.

Only time will tell.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

Well, not meaning to direct this at you but, complaining sure hasn’t seen a cut back!   

It is another thing that has increased after the pandemic. At least it is consistent with everything else.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Potstech said:

It is another thing that has increased after the pandemic. At least it is consistent with everything else.

I tease with my friends that I think it may be a delayed manifestation of CoVid.  So few seem happy anymore.  I’m happy, my DH is happy, my family is happy .. I guess we are just grateful people.  It makes for a happier life!  
Other than my favorite Chardonnay only being sold by the bottle now instead of by the glass, I have so few things, if any, I can even think of to complain about when it comes to cruising!  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Knickearth said:

Costs are up everywhere.   Food quality is down in some cases and not in others.  Elite perks have not disappeared.   I don't understand how any of this would make someone jump to the conclusion Princess no longer cares about existing older customers.  I think Princess cares about retaining existing customers as well as growing new customers.  In my opinion, good or bad, the attempt to balance fares against the experience has tilted towards the low fare side of the scale.  

• Like 6

Guest Michael4650
1 hour ago, Knickearth said:

Believe the ships are still sailing full

44 minutes ago, Michael4650 said:

Believe the ships are still sailing full

Apparently Princess ships are full of people who were formerly loyal to some other line that cut back.  The thing is, if you keep changing who you cruise with, you will never realize how good it used to be.  I’m new to Princess, therefor I’m pleased. Maybe others would be too if you just looked at each cruise as if it was your first time.

• Like 9

Guest Michael4650
1 minute ago, BamaVol said:

Apparently Princess ships are full of people who were formerly loyal to some other line that cut back.  The thing is, if you keep changing who you cruise with, you will never realize how good it used to be.  I’m new to Princess, therefor I’m pleased. Maybe others would be too if you just looked at each cruise as if it was your first time.

No I have been on 56 Princess cruises and have been mostly still pleased since restart except when they had the Covid quarantine deck. Most traveled luncheon still takes usually over 450 days to make top 40 so ships are still full of us older Princess cruisers 

15 hours ago, Michael4650 said:

No I have been on 56 Princess cruises and have been mostly still pleased since restart except when they had the Covid quarantine deck. Most traveled luncheon still takes usually over 450 days to make top 40 so ships are still full of us older Princess cruisers 

We have cruised on Princess more since the resumption of cruising post CoVid than ever before and loved everything about it since then, even more than before.  I don’t want to things to go back to ‘the way they used to be’ when I first started cruising. 
I like all the new entertainment and activities where I can do as much or as little as I wish.  I love the more relaxed dress code.  I love there is no more smoking on the balconies.  I really love the beds.  I love the all the alternate dining venues and I really love the smaller portions of food served.  I love the size of the deluxe balcony cabin on the Royal class ships. I love the easy check in and disembarkation.  I love the new muster drills. I love the medallion.  I Iove being able to order food and have it delivered wherever I am, locate my DH, bookmark activities, check my folio, purchase a future cruise deposit, use crew chat, etc, etc etc, right from the app. 
We are into our third decade of cruising, so not newbies, and I never wish to go back to how cruising used to be.  I love what it has become.  I will continue to cruise for as long as my budget and body allow me to do so.  I can assure you, most of those will be on Princess.  

• Like 17

2 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

We have cruised on Princess more since the resumption of cruising post CoVid than ever before and loved everything about it since then, even more than before.  I don’t want to things to go back to ‘the way they used to be’ when I first started cruising. 
I like all the new entertainment and activities where I can do as much or as little as I wish.  I love the more relaxed dress code.  I love there is no more smoking on the balconies.  I really love the beds.  I love the all the alternate dining venues and I really love the smaller portions of food served.  I love the size of the deluxe balcony cabin on the Royal class ships. I love the easy check in and disembarkation.  I love the new muster drills. I love the medallion.  I Iove being able to order food and have it delivered wherever I am, locate my DH, bookmark activities, check my folio, purchase a future cruise deposit, use crew chat, etc, etc etc, right from the app. 
We are into our third decade of cruising, so not newbies, and I never wish to go back to how cruising used to be.  I love what it has become.  I will continue to cruise for as long as my budget and body allow me to do so.  I can assure you, most of those will be on Princess.  

We also are cruising more now. Not getting any younger. I Agree with everything you state. Love might be a stretch😉, but it does fit in with the new Princess ship logo "I love this boat". Are there some issues? Sure, and there always will be. But they are working on it and maybe the new app will help some🤞.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

In my opinion some of the food issues may be due to the many businesses that closed due to the pandemic.  Many suppliers are just not there any longer so they are having to source from new vendors who may not have the same quality and prices.  We have always found more than enough food available if we were hungry and many options.  If something we're served is not the way we requested it or we don't care for it the staff is always gracious about replacing it.  

I don't really think they have taken away that many Elite perks.  Also, Princess just built 2 new mega ships and they need to recoup all the money they have spent while not having passengers.  I'm also not a fan of some of the changes they've made but we have enjoyed the cruises we've taken since the restart and plan on taking more.  I think it's short sighted to no longer recommend Princess, all of the cruise lines are making changes but try the others until you find what fits you best. 

• Like 1

On 11/17/2023 at 2:20 PM, kywildcatfanone said:

That might work for a while, but with the US economy suffering and getting worse,

Except the US economy is not suffering and is getting better. 🤷‍♀️

I haven't cruised in decades and have no loyalty to any particular line. I came to Princess because I wanted to cruise through the Panama Canal in the old locks and so I only looked at cruises that did that. I looked at them ALL. I ended up on Princess because it gives good value for the money with the itinerary I wanted compared to the other choices.

No other cruise through the Panama Canal gave us as much of the things we wanted for as little money. And nothing I've seen since has made me think we made a mistake picking this cruise. YMMV of course.

• Like 7

On 11/17/2023 at 4:34 PM, Knickearth said:

I totally agree with you. My father always said take good care of all the clientele they’re making us rich

so keep them happy. 

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would suggest people who are rightly assuming there have been cutbacks watch some recent YouTube videos of people who are experiencing their first Princess cruise. It’s interesting to see through new eyes how impressed they are with Princess compared to other lines and how they feel the Plus and Premier packages present such good value, again, compared to other lines. Perhaps then people would realise that, despite the cutbacks, Princess still offers one of the best all round cruise experiences available.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Geoffa30 said:

I would suggest people who are rightly assuming there have been cutbacks watch some recent YouTube videos of people who are experiencing their first Princess cruise. It’s interesting to see through new eyes how impressed they are with Princess compared to other lines and how they feel the Plus and Premier packages present such good value, again, compared to other lines. Perhaps then people would realise that, despite the cutbacks, Princess still offers one of the best all round cruise experiences available.

It is funny you mentioned that as we are, oftentimes, so excited to be onboard that several people have asked us if we are on our first cruise.  No, but when we make every cruise as special as our first one, it makes for such a great experience, not just for us but for those around us.  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

So well stated. Thank you. I agree with all the above. We are Platinum, just 2 or 3 away from Elite. We have traveled RCL(5), NCL(4), CCL(2), Celebrity (1), Holland (1), MSC(1). Princess is by far our favorite and at this point, less likely to cruise on any other cruise line. Might as well maximize the perks of Princess.

We are looking forward to the Sun and Star.

• Like 3