Tuscan Grill on Millennium (in Luminae)

zitsky

18 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Do you think Tuscan Grill is worth a visit if you are eating in Luminae?  (Millennium)

We will normally eat at least one night in the Tuscan grill.  It's usually a night when the meal in Luminae does not appeal to us, on our last sailing it was the Day 5 menu. 

20 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Do you think Tuscan Grill is worth a visit if you are eating in Luminae?  (Millennium)

No. Not worth. The carbonara that they did sucked big time. So bad that I couldn't finish.

IMG20231117182207.thumb.jpg.8c950de248969bf804c43db6c5ff8a1e.jpg

Sorry for the bad picture.

Later I went to luminae and ordered the prime rib from MDR.

1000039958-01.thumb.jpeg.aea8554d36dd49a4d497d65e8dba9fb2.jpeg

It was so much better. Seems that the X has stopped skimping.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

We will normally eat at least one night in the Tuscan grill.  It's usually a night when the meal in Luminae does not appeal to us, on our last sailing it was the Day 5 menu. 

Do you look ahead at the menu for day 5 or book last minute at Tuscan?

2 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Do you look ahead at the menu for day 5 or book last minute at Tuscan?

We look at the menu's for the entire cruise and determine which meals we are willing to dine elsewhere.  Did not book Tuscan until we were onboard though.  Just had the Retreat Concierge book the table for the date and time we wanted. 

I went and booked Tuscan on Eclipse, with friends, all of us eating in Blu.  Then we decide about Millie, in Luminae, if we like it.  I LOVE macaroni and cheese, if it’s good.

I wish they had Murano on Millie.  Although I’ve not tried it yet.

Edited by zitsky

5 hours ago, zitsky said:

I found the ribeye in Tuscan on Millie to be the best steak I've had on a cruise ship. The short rib pappardelle is also one of my favorites. To answer your question more specifically and truthfully, if I have OBC to spend, Tuscan is an excellent way to spend it. If not, I'd probably just stick with Luminae.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I wish they had Murano on Millie.  Although I’ve not tried it yet.

If you have not tried it on any ship, and it's available, try it.

Excellent menu, French service, very relaxing atmosphere, etc.

As good as any upscale restaurant where I'm from.

It's the best of all the Specialty restaurants---( IMO ).

( While we are not suite passengers, I think that suite passengers are permitted to eat there at no extra cost, but, I'm not sure ).

You can order mac and cheese in Luminae from the children's menu any time you wish. It is a fairly large portion. We will not pay the current ridiculous price for Tuscan. ALso, there is a pasta dish every night in Luminae, some better than others. No, suite pax pay the same for specialty restaurants as everyone else. 

Edited by 39august

We love Tuscan Grille.  Eat there at least once a trip no matter what restaurant is our main.  In fact, there are often days where nothing in Luminae appeals to me.  Just FYI, on M class ships (and S class ships) you can also order off the main dining room menu when eating in Luminae as the restaurants are together.  Sometimes what is on the MDR menu appeals to me more than the Luminae menu which often is a bit too 'fancy' for me.  We think Tuscan has very good pastas, a great filet mignon, better salad and appetizer selections than Luminae and their pistachio creme Brule is great!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, agape01 said:

No. Not worth. The carbonara that they did sucked big time. So bad that I couldn't finish.

IMG20231117182207.thumb.jpg.8c950de248969bf804c43db6c5ff8a1e.jpg

Sorry for the bad picture.

Later I went to luminae and ordered the prime rib from MDR.

1000039958-01.thumb.jpeg.aea8554d36dd49a4d497d65e8dba9fb2.jpeg

It was so much better. Seems that the X has stopped skimping.

that looks great.. bet it was good!

I have had many good and not so good dinners in Tuscan.  On a B2B cruises: 1st cruise, best prepared rare tuna I've had in years; 2nd cruise 2 nights later, the worst tuna ever.  Chef changed.  Currently on Constellation and there's an excellent chef who has made two surprise meals that were fantastic.  All depends on the chef.

19 hours ago, RichYak said:

To answer your question more specifically and truthfully, if I have OBC to spend, Tuscan is an excellent way to spend it. If not, I'd probably just stick with Luminae.

I'd agree with RickYak...with the caveat that--irrespective of OBC--if you're true carnivores, then it's certainly worth one night at Tuscan Grill.

On 11/19/2023 at 3:22 PM, RichYak said:

I found the ribeye in Tuscan on Millie to be the best steak I've had on a cruise ship.

And, I had the same experience in Tuscan.  😋

• Like 1

On 11/19/2023 at 7:33 AM, zitsky said:

We had a bunch of OBC to burn on our Transpacific cruise in September and ended up having 2 meals in Tuscan Grill. My filet (both nights) was the best steak I ate the entire cruise. We were in Luminae for the sailing and I just looked at the menus and picked a couple of nights that the Luminae menu didn't excite me. You can usually make a same day reservation atTuscan Grill as it's never very busy.

I usually look through the menus for Luminae and MDR as soon as I connect to ships WiFi. There is always one or two nights both Luminae and MDR menus don’t excite me and I will book specialty those nights onboard. 

I do like Tuscan and went quite a few times on Constellation. 

• Like 1