OMG The prices

SSPhone

5 hours ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

All forms of travel are seeing price declines and a drop in future demand. Easily verified by credit card activity and those in the travel business.

Where are you seeing price declines? Since I retired last year I have spent a lot of time traveling and even more time researching prices. Prices have increased for cruising, air travel, hotels, rental cars, all inclusive resorts, etc. Prices at places like Disney World and Universal Studios Orlando have increased significantly. The price increases have not kept me from traveling frequently, but I have not seen prices in the travel industry dropping now or in the foreseeable future. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, SSPhone said:

I started a booking last week for a 7 night out of Tampa. Cost for a Balcony $3100 total, by the time I was done the rooms were sold out. Got a email this morning to complete the booking so for grins I tried to complete. Now the room is $4500. What the heck RCCL?

As a shareholder I salute you! 😉

Se it this way, YOU have helped RCL stock to rally incredible 114% this year, yesterday it closed at $105.81  😉

10 hours ago, jean87510 said:

I'm starting to think getting cruises when they first list is the way to go rather then last minute.  I don't really see price drops for last minutes unless an inside.  Just booked the RS on the Rhapsody out of San Juan in October 2025 for an expected price but nothing like what I saw with the same cabin on the Vision (double the amount @3 weeks out from sailing).  Bit of a splurge but reasonable.

13 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

??? Translation please. 

Pinnacle guy is back under a new name.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, alfaeric said:

Cruises seem to be sailing more full than not, with premium fares.  Which tells ME that there are a lot of people out there with disposable income.  Far more than we had back in 2009 as we were recovering from the 2008 drop.

Considering that credit card debt is now over a trillion dollars in the U.S., I am not sure if a lot if people have disposable income or they are spending money that they don't have.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, bretts173 said:

Pinnacle guy is back under a new name.

I’d agree, from their other two posts on a different thread. The exact same vibes as before, so there could be a reincarnation.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Considering that credit card debt is now over a trillion dollars in the U.S., I am not sure if a lot if people have disposable income or they are spending money that they don't have.

Just depends on how you see it. Especially remembering when the economy was really bad back in 09 and how cheap cruises were then.  So even if they are spending money they don't have, they sure seem to think they will get it soon enough.

When you don't have money, you go into debt to survive.  When you have it, you go into debt for fun.  Forgive me for thinking that spending 2-3x old normal rates to cruise isn't to survive.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I was really tempted to book another one oat of Galveston for my winter 2025 but settled on Oasis on for the Southern Caribbean route out of FLL.

I'm waiting and hoping Ovation comes to LA.  If so that'll be my Fall 2025 booking.  Failing that I'll relook at a suite on Harmony out of Galveston.  We loved our CLS on Oasis this last March.

I am sure that suite is nice but my knees refuse to book anything that requires stairs , normally book grand suites , sometimes owners , have a huge royal suite next March on celebrity. We did have a owners suite on a oasis which we loved.

• Like 1

'All forms of travel are seeing price declines and a drop in future demand.'

Checking airfares to FLL or MIA. Use to be $300/400 PP RT. 

Now, $800+ in Cabin. Been checking airfares for over 2 moths for Feb 24.

Where is the price declines???

I have checked all sources and don't see any declines. It's cheaper to cruise 

than to fly. JMHO!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, crazyfrazee said:

As much as I hate Carnival, I'm jumping ship (pun intended) and going back to them. I quit even trying to find a reasonable RC cruise. Our January cruise will be the last RC until prices come back down.

There is a reason Carnival fares are lower. I would stop cruising before I cruised on Carnival again. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

There is a reason Carnival fares are lower. I would stop cruising before I cruised on Carnival again. 

Carnival fares arent all the low. I'm wanting jubilee or mardi gras and think carnival low prices are a thing of the past. I'm not booking more of either rcl or carnival right now. Neither has deals. When people are pointing to $200 a day solo inside cabin, all in and claiming lower prices.. says cruise prices are nuts. My Jan carnival 14 day has some balcony cabin at 6k if someone wants one of these great lower prices. The old $100 a day is gone from the ports I watch. 

1 hour ago, alfaeric said:

Just depends on how you see it. Especially remembering when the economy was really bad back in 09 and how cheap cruises were then.  So even if they are spending money they don't have, they sure seem to think they will get it soon enough.

When you don't have money, you go into debt to survive.  When you have it, you go into debt for fun.  Forgive me for thinking that spending 2-3x old normal rates to cruise isn't to survive.  

I suspect plenty of people without disposable income go into debt for fun too.

30 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Carnival fares arent all the low. I'm wanting jubilee or mardi gras and think carnival low prices are a thing of the past. I'm not booking more of either rcl or carnival right now. Neither has deals. When people are pointing to $200 a day solo inside cabin, all in and claiming lower prices.. says cruise prices are nuts. My Jan carnival 14 day has some balcony cabin at 6k if someone wants one of these great lower prices. The old $100 a day is gone from the ports I watch. 

When you say $100 a day do you mean for you as a single or do you mean for a typical cruiser who is booking double occupancy.  

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Good information on Carnival. There are countless comments online that imply Carnival’s fares are lower than RCI. My comment was based on these comments, since I never price cruises on Carnival. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

When you say $100 a day do you mean for you as a single or do you mean for a typical cruiser who is booking double occupancy.  

I always mean total price. I used to find $100 a day or less during sept high hurricane season. Now not even sept is noticeably cheaper. Where are the deals? .. I also started off mentioning right now I'm seeing $200 a day ... all in.  ..to me I say "all in" meaning total per day including fees and taxes is closer to what I see, for jubilee and mardi gras .. or adventure or independence OTS starting prices, inside. .. I always mean total prices. With fees and taxes. I personally think its confusing when people just post some starting from per person before x 2 and fees and taxes. My TA quotes me the total price, he doesnt just tell me a gty price for a single person of a couple without taxes and fees.

"When people are pointing to $200 a day solo inside cabin,   all in and claiming lower prices..  "

I think $200 a day inside starting prices are too high for older ships. Mardi gras and jubilee have some new food venues I want to check out. Mdr smaller so some anytime diners can dine once a week in these new venues for free, have to book anytime. I'll be looking to book once I get moved. I love their pizza and lobster rolls. Want to try more new food venues. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

I was looking at Freedom for next August and a JS totals $3800+/- for the three of us.  I thought, well that's not bad, I just want to choose the refundable option and bam... an additional $2,200+/- for refundable.  Well they can keep the cabin, if someone else wants to pay that much for it, more power to them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I suspect plenty of people without disposable income go into debt for fun too.

It's non zero, sure, but they also won't be paying super premium prices like we are seeing on non premium cruise lines.  Previous economic slow downs very much show that.  Again, 2009.  

When you are struggling to put food on the table, it's very unlikely you will be spending $3000/pp for a 7 night cruise.  

3 hours ago, asctony said:

'All forms of travel are seeing price declines and a drop in future demand.'

Checking airfares to FLL or MIA. Use to be $300/400 PP RT. 

Now, $800+ in Cabin. Been checking airfares for over 2 moths for Feb 24.

Where is the price declines???

I have checked all sources and don't see any declines. It's cheaper to cruise 

than to fly. JMHO!

Data shows that, in general, prices are falling.  And when they’re not, cancellation policies are more flexible.  Yes, a specific route on your favorite airline to the specific cruise you’d like to take may not have fallen, but if you’re flexible you’ll find more deals than you could last year. Any deal on a cruise will be for travel within the next year, so yes 2025 may be inflated.

11 minutes ago, Itried4498 said:

Data shows that, in general, prices are falling.  And when they’re not, cancellation policies are more flexible.  Yes, a specific route on your favorite airline to the specific cruise you’d like to take may not have fallen, but if you’re flexible you’ll find more deals than you could last year. Any deal on a cruise will be for travel within the next year, so yes 2025 may be inflated.

Since prices are falling, we are talking Cruising & flying specifically on this forum.

I personally don't see it. I cruise about 10 times a year on many cruises lines. I fly to FL, NJ, Europe.

Don't see any price reductions.

Would appreciate your examples. Flexible yes, FLL or MIA. Stay a day before or day after so won't fly on weekend.

Happy Cruising! 

11 hours ago, LittleJoefromKokomo said:

As a shareholder I salute you! 😉

Se it this way, YOU have helped RCL stock to rally incredible 114% this year, yesterday it closed at $105.81  😉

I do love the $109 it was up to a month or so back. Now if I can ever get a reply from the shareholder team to get my OBC it would be great. I contacted them and filled out the form on the last 2 cruises and never heard a peep. Wait thats a whole different issue 😄

31 minutes ago, SSPhone said:

I do love the $109 it was up to a month or so back. Now if I can ever get a reply from the shareholder team to get my OBC it would be great. I contacted them and filled out the form on the last 2 cruises and never heard a peep. Wait thats a whole different issue 😄

And today its struggling to hold 104. I'm hoping the stock holds here and doest sell off again, for no reason. I bought all the way down to 80ish. Dipped below 80, but I was close enough. High beta, volatile. Up and down more than most. Dont count those unhatched chickens until you sell and lock in the price. When I put in for stock obc I go to plan a cruise and look to see if the obc posted. I dont remember the last time they contacted me to tell me it posted. 

3 hours ago, jean87510 said:

I assure you I am not Pinnacle guy nor do I identify as a guy.

Apologies, don't know why it quoted both, I think I was going to reply to your post them didn't and it left both in there. Sorry again it was meant for the new member RC pinnacle cruiser or whatever they are known as.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, asctony said:

Since prices are falling, we are talking Cruising & flying specifically on this forum.

I personally don't see it. I cruise about 10 times a year on many cruises lines. I fly to FL, NJ, Europe.

Don't see any price reductions.

Would appreciate your examples. Flexible yes, FLL or MIA. Stay a day before or day after so won't fly on weekend.

Happy Cruising! 

I mentioned cruising and you mentioned flying :).

Anyway, the price reductions are there.  Carnival, Princess & Norwegian are being more aggressive than Royal at the moment.  

We just booked a 16-day trip over Christmas/New Year's 2024 from Los Angeles to Hawaii for $2896 interior for four people on Princess.  Last month we booked an 8-day Miami to Caribbean trip for next summer (two adults and two kids) on Carnival's newest ship for $1836 interior.  

Plenty of other examples out there, these were the itineraries we were looking for during the periods we wanted to book.  I don't prefer interior but have to book it because if there's a view or balcony, the kids won't leave the room.