Crystal Serenity December 2nd to December 16th

Emdee

7 minutes ago, ryndam said:

Selection in the Bistro as varied as usual, but it’s not self serve. Not sure if this arrangement is permanent or a temporary experiment. Seems to work fine, but then again there’s only 350+/- onboard.

Rob

IMG_8640.jpeg

I asked Scott Peterson about this in September, and it is "permanent", at least while on this side of the pond. USPHS and Health Canada rules for ships require a hand washing station at any buffet to allow for self-service. He said they looked at numerous ways to do this for the Bistro, but none worked/made sense.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, ryndam said:

Santa’s helpers are out and about today.

IMG_8649.jpeg

The trees look the same. Are the other decorations recycled from old Crystal? I always thought they did a little too much, but I was on Silversea last December and there was hardly anything. 

Patty

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

How long do they keep the Christmas decorations?

Ivi

Ivi, when you say keep do you mean when do they come down?  They start taking them down after Christmas so they can be all down for New Year Eve celebration.

If you are asking how long do they keep the decorations for use each year they have had them for many years although I do remember a boat load of new ones added around 2011.

Keith

9 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Ivi, when you say keep do you mean when do they come down?  They start taking them down after Christmas so they can be all down for New Year Eve celebration.

If you are asking how long do they keep the decorations for use each year they have had them for many years although I do remember a boat load of new ones added around 2011.

Keith

Thanks Keith. I mean when do they come down. For us traditionally they stay until January 6th (this is when we celebrate the arrival of the 3 wise men) and I was hoping to be able to see them when I board on the 5th. 

Ivi

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Texas Tillie said:

The trees look the same. Are the other decorations recycled from old Crystal? I always thought they did a little too much, but I was on Silversea last December and there was hardly anything. 

Patty

Will let you know as I have a host of pics of OC decorations from 2019. Lots of gnomes and  elves a Santa in Hawaii etc. 

Regent has a Christmas tree competition for each of the departments…at least they did on the Explorer. Some of the trees were quite innovative! 

45 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Thanks Keith. I mean when do they come down. For us traditionally they stay until January 6th (this is when we celebrate the arrival of the 3 wise men) and I was hoping to be able to see them when I board on the 5th. 

Ivi

Unfortunately you won't see them. They use the area for the New Years Eve Celebration which is one of the reasons they take them down. Once down and back in Miami they'll take them off the ship to be stored.  Your cruise will be here before you know it. 

Keith

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cruise-y said:

Thanks for posting these. Can you get a paper copy? Yay! I thought they were ipad only. 

Just ask your butler for hard copies. They’re delivered during turn down service.

There are also hard copies in a rack on the reception desk.

• Thanks 1

On 11/30/2023 at 8:17 PM, Emdee said:

My DH had the lamb in September….he said mine is better. I buy baby lambs from a local farm incredibly tender meat. Will likely go to Tastes again. Enjoyed it at lunch as well. 
Cannot wait to be back on board.

Recipe please?    Maybe on the off topic entry.  Lamb(cooking it) intimidates the heck out of me.

3 hours ago, ryndam said:

This afternoon’s snack.

IMG_8652.jpeg

IMG_8653.jpeg

Thank you for posting. On OC one had a choice of nouveau canapés or traditional. Is this true on NC? I liked the modern twists but I missed the pigs in blankets of the traditional offering. 

6 hours ago, ryndam said:

Just ask your butler for hard copies. They’re delivered during turn down service.

There are also hard copies in a rack on the reception desk.

And at the reception desk, you can get the full copy or just the inside. Nice touch, I thought.

With all the big ships docked decided to stay on board in the Bahamas. Also I don’t really have the physical capacity to walk the huge dock. Was a quiet day for us which was lovely. 

The staff and service have been amazing. Our butler Raj is a real gem along with our room stewardess Nincy. Both have done everything to help me along my recuperation….trekking poles, ice packs et al. I take a mid dinner walk to ease up my very stiff knee and immediately the restaurant staff show their concern and offer to assist me. I think after surgery on the next knee may schedule a cruise to Alaska.Nothing like recuperating on board with the TLC on Crystal. 

I really wanted to drop in at Avenue last night but after listening to Nadia at the cove after dinner decided to call it a day. 

Here is a pic of last evening.

IMG_0295.jpeg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Cruise-y said:

Thank you for posting. On OC one had a choice of nouveau canapés or traditional. Is this true on NC? I liked the modern twists but I missed the pigs in blankets of the traditional offering. 

This has changed a bit due to the sheer volume of suites.

Each day they bring each suite an assortment of canapés and they change each day.  To keep things simple, everyone gets the same set.

Those in the Junior CP and CP can get this and/or canapés including the pigs in blankets.

Keith

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, kool kruiser said:

Noticed an unfamiliar name, at least to us, in the Avenue. Any thoughts guys ?

Thanks !

Oliver Holland. My opinion and my opinion only. Pleasant enough piano player. Sound level allows conversation with other guests.  After discreetly asking a half dozen requests, and received an “I don’t know that, I don’t play that”, I just suggested he play whatever he’s comfortable from his songbook. Nice background music. Others may feel different. 

Rob

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1