Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Probably because Royal had never done a WC like this before. They were in uncharted water and didn't really have a grasp as to how to charge for this kind of sailing. Once they put it up for sale and it didn't sell out they failed.

Once that happened it was oh no we missed the boat on this, lets see it this will work? Segments, oh no that's not working either, how about mini's?

After all this time you pissed off the Full World Cruiser and segment people by over charging them. Now it's just a total mess up, and therefore you will never see Royal offer this kind of cruise again.

Maybe not, but I do think it could be profitable if they created MINI world type cruises such as what they did for the 4 segments. When this is over they will have a much better idea of which areas were more popular and therefore profitable.  I would definitely be interested in longer cruises to more varied places that are totally different than the regular Caribbean or Mediterranean cruise.
Although these itineraries may not be popular with families that want an amusement type vacation, they would use the smaller ships for them…… time will tell when this cruise is over.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks!  We actually disembark in LA.  Then rejoin in Barcelona for 4th quarter.  Sorry we will miss you!  🙂 

I’m kind of kicking myself that we didn’t stay on in Barcelona for 3 segments and disembark in Southampton. Too late now to add on 😕

• Like 1

We have local AT&T service in Mexico...so here we go.  I will try to figure it out to do it without going that route at some point.  And sure wish my fellow WC cruisers would post some pictures. 🙂 

But this is of today in Cozumel downtown.  

20231213_110621.jpg

20231213_114158.jpg

20231213_102838.jpg

20231213_123434.jpg

• Like 32

12 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

If anything this should have been a Celebrity thing, not a Royal one.

Ironically, their Silversea brand already does world cruises. All they had to do was walk down the hallway at HQ and ask someone at Siversea how it should be done.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

LOL...forgot to mention...Pancho's give you complimentary tequila shots when you a reach a different number of visits.  We, scarily...are over 25 visits.   I did the dunk and slam.  😄 

We love that place...both downtown (original location) and the 2nd one at the Carnival dock.  

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Ironically, their Silversea brand already does world cruises. All they had to do was walk down the hallway at HQ and ask someone at Siversea how it should be done.

If they had, I suspect the answer would have been “don’t”.

Royal should stick to what they know. You don’t see McDonalds experimenting with fine dining. This feels like a vanity project for Michael Bayley before he retires.

Edited by gumshoe958
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

We have local AT&T service in Mexico...so here we go.  I will try to figure it out to do it without going that route at some point.  And sure wish my fellow WC cruisers would post some pictures. 🙂 

20231213_123434.jpg

My man. 👊😁

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, island lady said:

20231213_110621.jpg

20231213_114158.jpg

20231213_102838.jpg

20231213_123434.jpg

Most people back onboard now with the heavy thunderstorms rolling in now? Nice leaving at 8pm tonight nevertheless.

32 minutes ago, island lady said:

You should be able to post pictures using the ship’s WiFi if they are stored in the photo library on your phone. That was all we used on our PC cruises.

Click on “choose files”

IMG_0325.png

Then click on Photo Library

IMG_0326.png

Then select the photos you want, and click “add”

IMG_0327.png

Edited by orville99
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, island lady said:

20231213_110621.jpg

20231213_114158.jpg

20231213_102838.jpg

20231213_123434.jpg

Great photos Pat.

Looks like Bucky has eaten some chocolate he is always a happy fella.

Best wishes.

Graham.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL...forgot to mention...Pancho's give you complimentary tequila shots when you a reach a different number of visits.  We, scarily...are over 25 visits.   I did the dunk and slam.  😄 

We love that place...both downtown (original location) and the 2nd one at the Carnival dock.  

We have eaten here, but I forgot the name of the restaurant. Your photos have brought it all back to me. Thankfully I have not hit the free shot of tequila, with only one visit. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Ok, but same premise. RCI was not selling the ship well for the pricing that they wanted and had to developed an alternative plan that, in the long run, is not bringing in the revenue that RCI had hoped for.

If memory serves correctly,  the WC  was announced shortly after cruising resumed to near normal?   I wonder if one of the goals was to generate a lot of buzz to get the general public excited about cruising again.  In that respect,  it can be regarded as a success whether it makes money or not.  

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, orville99 said:

You should be able to post pictures using the ship’s WiFi if they are stored in the photo library on your phone. That was all we used on our PC cruises.

Click on “choose files”

IMG_0325.png

Then click on Photo Library

IMG_0326.png

Then select the photos you want, and click “add”

IMG_0327.png

Okey-dokey...thanks my friend...will try that later then.  🙂 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Great photos Pat.

Looks like Bucky has eaten some chocolate he is always a happy fella.

Best wishes.

Graham.

LOL...yes...you know Bucky for sure!  He does love his chocolate...but in this case, he also loves his Tequila!!  😄 😄 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

If memory serves correctly,  the WC  was announced shortly after cruising resumed to near normal?   I wonder if one of the goals was to generate a lot of buzz to get the general public excited about cruising again.  In that respect,  it can be regarded as a success whether it makes money or not.  

Indeed...and totally agree!   And whichever the case....we just happen to be enjoying it.  🙂  And thanks for following along!  👍

• Like 8

Well, just after I posted that picture..it became a total white out.  Wow...is it pouring rain right now! Holy Cow!   Feel bad for my fellow WC cruisers coming back to the ship in this weather.  

At least we already have the Ark ready for them.  😄   

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Well, just after I posted that picture..it became a total white out.  Wow...is it pouring rain right now! Holy Cow!   Feel bad for my fellow WC cruisers coming back to the ship in this weather.  

At least we already have the Ark ready for them.  😄   

Must be bad if it's raining cows.  Cats and dogs would be bad enough.  😛

BTW, someone should keep a tab of how many days it has rained on the WC.

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

A cruise that costs 3/4 of a million dollars to take the family on isn't likely to have a loud buzz.

42 minutes ago, island lady said:

Indeed...and totally agree!   And whichever the case....we just happen to be enjoying it.  🙂  And thanks for following along!  👍

Sorry Pat I’m late to the party but I will be following along. Thank you for doing this and above all have a great adventure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Since they are smaller than my full size foam pad (and I had to trim that down to size also), my problem is Blanket hogging Bucky...he would most likely take half or all of my little camping type pad as well.  😄 

Mike and I each have our own, so no hogging going on. 😁

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, island lady said:

Now ladies and gentleman...as we return to our previous show...  😉  

We are docked up in Cozumel, and to our great delight (as we found out last night from our Concierge, with applause and cheers) we are docked at the downtown dock!  🙂  We love walking around town here, and best of all...Pancho's Backyard original location in town. 

Yes, you can take a taxi from the International dock, but I love being so convenient here.  Most of the ship went on excursions, one of the most popular one is...to see the ruins.  Been there done that, did not like the long bus ride to get there and back.   

We will enjoy the day doing our own thing (which is pretty common for us)...and then returning to the pretty much empty ship.  Though even with everyone on board, never feels crowded.  This ship is far from being sold out.  

About every 3rd or 4th Cruise on Serenade I would end up Docked here instead on International. This every yr in Nov/Dec, a Nice Change

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Cozumel - we haven’t docked downtown in years.  I would have loved that.   I remember the lights being pretty down there at night.  It will be a nice sail away.  

Agree, It would be so much better at the town pier.

• Like 1