Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Saw the weather report for Falklands yesterday morning with the 40 mile an hour winds...yikes.  I told Bucky "No way we are tendering in Falklands".   Yup, captain came on around 5 pm to tell us we would no make it, but is changing the itinerary to hopefully swing back and try it again.  

Last night Bucky was touching the sun...and did not get burned!!  😄 

Wait a minute. I had to look twice. Bucky in long pants and no flip flops.😁

A lot of good songs comes to my mind about the sun. Since this is a sunset, the song "Don't let the sun go down on me" by Elton John works. 🌞

• Haha 2

Our Azamara captain had to do the same thing re Falklands.  Hurried first to Antarctica then went back for Falklands.  Worked out great.  Later our Ushuaia arrival was delayed about six hours because the wind prevented ships in port from departing and freeing up space for us.  

• Like 6

6 hours ago, island lady said:

Thanks, and you are welcome.  Sometimes a bit confusing when someone is talking to Pat...since now we have two of us reporting.  😉   

Mmm..OK...call me Patricia..that might work.  😄 

Pat, You were here first and you started this thread.  Feel free to call me Pat2😀

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Wannabe's 🤣

I really think the Captain is just buying time because he knows he has to wait it out anyway for better weather to get around The Horn,quite possibly delaying so much to where he might have to miss some of the ports on the western side of South America.

Seems like it’s a common situation/occurrence, in this part of the cruise world.  Running late and missing a port or two is a much better option than throwing caution to the wind.  Every veteran cruiser knows that cruises can deviate at any time for any reason.  Clearly no one wants another Anthem winter weather bomb situation again. 

• Like 6

OK...so since we did not do one of the pre planned tours.  We did our most favorite tour of "follow our nose".  Always a favorite. 😉 

Walked down to the end of the pier.....hung a left and were thrilled to find a beach boardwalk all the way to the other end.  Which I think was somewhere around 3-4 miles one way.  Bought some cute Penguin magnets and continued on .  Cute park that they carve art work from the trees that die. 

20240109_080625.jpg

20240109_081608.jpg

20240109_085924.jpg

20240109_083354.jpg

• Like 21

OK...so the reason they set up the tables on the open air beach area with the plates upside down .....is due to the sand blowing in all the time...even with the glass panels.  Had to keep brushing the sand off my lap, and off my place mat.  But no worries...never had to crunch any during our lunch.  😄 

20240109_095329.jpg

• Like 11

Chicken with cream of Leek and potato dumplings...Bucky's pizza.  He had two large Stella beers, I had a really nice full bottle of Estate Argentine Sauv. Blanc, several apps.....a 2 hour gastro experience.  Total bill...40 bucks US.  Wow...  I think she flipped out at the cash tip we gave her.  

Oh yeah, we are coming back here!!!  😉 😄 

20240109_102551.jpg

20240109_103027.jpg

• Like 24

7 hours ago, island lady said:

Me too.  😉  Though hopefully does not make it up to deck 10.  😄 

We were on the starboard side (deck 9 forward) on our Canal adventure in November when the ship encountered this level of wind and waves between the Caymans and Cartagena that hit the ship  on our side, (so much so that we had to retreat off of the balcony) and when the storm subsided we scraped a large handful of salt off of the balcony railing.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We were on the starboard side (deck 9 forward) when the ship encountered this level of wind and waves that hit the ship  on our side, (so much so that we had to retreat off of the balcony) and when the storm subsided we scraped a large handful of salt off of the balcony railing.

Oooohh...free sea salt...yumms!  😄 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Wannabe's 🤣

I really think the Captain is just buying time because he knows he has to wait it out anyway for better weather to get around The Horn,quite possibly delaying so much to where he might have to miss some of the ports on the western side of South America.

The Captain is obviously doing it to increase his TikTok exposure.  😄

• Haha 12

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Sooo.. time for lunch.  And this one is for you Dave.  Your bro giving you a toast and wishing you were here.  😄 

20240109_094828.jpg

I want to be his Bro too! 🙂 Oh, I'll take a Stella also. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Chicken with cream of Leek and potato dumplings...Bucky's pizza.  He had two large Stella beers, I had a really nice full bottle of Estate Argentine Sauv. Blanc, several apps.....a 2 hour gastro experience.  Total bill...40 bucks US.  Wow...  I think she flipped out at the cash tip we gave her.  

Oh yeah, we are coming back here!!!  😉 😄 

20240109_102551.jpg

20240109_103027.jpg

Great collection of photos Patricia.

• Like 1