What would you pay to dine in Blu if it were a specialty restaurant?

LB_NJ

IMHO - especially for M class - that is a question difficult to answer. 
On an unrefurbished M class we really dislike the old fashioned and dark dining room. A bit better on the refurbished ones like Millennium.

However, we greatly enjoyed Blu on Millennium on our last cruise.

Plus, on M class there are no real alternatives. Maybe Tuscan to bite the bullet. LPC - no thanks ☺️ 

in June we did a cruise on Infinity and ended up dining at Tuscan almost every night because we couldn’t stand the dining room. Dark, loud, hectic…

Tuscan was OK, but we really regretted not having booked Aqua class.

6 hours ago, sandbug2 said:

My sister and I are trying Aqua class for the first time.  She is great, however, at meals we like to meet others and have a different conversation for a bit.  Does Blu have tables where you can join others like the MDR?

no but some tables are close..people are  often friendly (hit or miss) ...but proximity means less privacy! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sandbug2 said:

My sister and I are trying Aqua class for the first time.  She is great, however, at meals we like to meet others and have a different conversation for a bit.  Does Blu have tables where you can join others like the MDR?

Tables for two are so close, it is like being at a long family style table.  Some people will join in on private conversations- but if you like it- it will work for you.  Enjoy

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

Tables for two are so close, it is like being at a long family style table.  Some people will join in on private conversations- but if you like it- it will work for you.  Enjoy

I’m hoping to sit next to a podiatrist so we can talk about my toenail fungus.

• Haha 1

I like the fact that Aqua cabins are limited to two people.  We have only dined in BLU on one cruise and it was OK.  We have dined in Luminae on multiple cruises.  We have been on several on those Luminae cruises where there were big family groups with unruly children.  I can see that it may be a good idea to sleep several children on the fold out sofa in the living room of a Royal Suite compared to having them in drop down bunk beds in a veranda where ladders and kicking the walls are fun.  I realize that one adult and one child might share a cabin and dine in BLU but they would be quieter to dine with than two children.  I remember our request in Luminae was to be as far away from the families as possible or to try to avoid the times they dined.  Unfortunately the best family table is halfway between the two sections of Luminae on S class so the noise goes both ways.  Just some thing to consider if you allergic to children not related to you.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

I like the fact that Aqua cabins are limited to two people.  We have only dined in BLU on one cruise and it was OK.  We have dined in Luminae on multiple cruises.  We have been on several on those Luminae cruises where there were big family groups with unruly children.  I can see that it may be a good idea to sleep several children on the fold out sofa in the living room of a Royal Suite compared to having them in drop down bunk beds in a veranda where ladders and kicking the walls are fun.  I realize that one adult and one child might share a cabin and dine in BLU but they would be quieter to dine with than two children.  I remember our request in Luminae was to be as far away from the families as possible or to try to avoid the times they dined.  Unfortunately the best family table is halfway between the two sections of Luminae on S class so the noise goes both ways.  Just some thing to consider if you allergic to children not related to you.

I’m not allergic to children, thank god.  Because they taste GREAT!!!

• Haha 2

Any children we have seen in BLU have been well behaved..and well dressed...Very cute!  Have seen unruly/ inebriated adults and too many louder large groups at times...

Keep in  mind,  suite guests can visit there subject to availability,  so it is not a 100 % kids free zone .

• Like 1

I would not pay extra for Blu.  I don’t do the specialty restaurants. They’re nice, but definitely not worth the price!  Not now. And not when you can get excellent food and service in any MDR. In the early early days, a 25 dollar charge per person seemed reasonable. Any more than that just doesn’t make sense to me. We all have our preferences. For example I DO pay for the Premium Beverage Plan, even tho I know I can’t possibly drink enough to make it make sense financially. I do it for the convenience. 

• Like 1

Having done Aqua for a number of cruises, I would answer NO.  What we enjoy about Blu is the fact that it's smaller, quieter, and has such personalized service when you're there for the duration of the cruise (just a wee bit better than the MDR since Celebrity's MDR service is also very good at dinner).  That, and breakfast.  Making it a pay-for-dinner specialty dining option would not entice me because the only advantage we'd retain is the smaller and quieter aspect of Blu.  We would no longer have servers with whom we had a "relationship" and who knew our preferences, and obviously the breakfast advantage would be gone.  I enjoy the food in Blu, but I don't find it to be any better than the MDR.  

• Like 1

On 12/6/2023 at 11:07 AM, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I wouldn't pay to dine in Blu, never found it that special.

Agreed. I wouldn't pay anything for it. Last time we used it (on Summit) we also didn't find it to be as good as a previous experience, and so aren't sure we want to go with Aqua class next time. I've never done Suite on X so that might be worth a try. 

Edited by OnTheJourney

For us, the primary advantage to Blu is to avoid the chaos often found in the MDR.  We have had some outstanding meals there and some just OK - but never a bad one and never went hungry.  The more civilized atmosphere of the smaller venue keeps us coming back.  How much is that worth?  Up to each to decide.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vagabond Knight said:

We would no longer have servers with whom we had a "relationship" and who knew our preferences, and obviously the breakfast advantage would be gone.  I enjoy the food in Blu, but I don't find it to be any better than the MDR.  

" relationship " ----LOL--You sound like us.

By the 2nd night in the MDR our Server(s) knew our tastes ( sometimes with a little '' hint " ).

Also, at the Elite breakfast ( #2 of the day ) we always " attract " (?? ) the same Server.

I don't know why, but the Servers we always had made us feel " special " and I'm sure others feel the same way.

Got me thinking ---- How could you not leave a few $$ for the exceptional service when they make us all feel "special " ??