Star of the Seas

I agree. Way too expensive for the product. I did a quick scan and the cheapest GS I could find was in March 2026 and it was still over $14K for two. 

Too many other options at $1,000 per person per day.

mac_tlc

• Like 2

We paid $2400 for an inside but I don't want to miss this ship.  Couldn't do it now and certainly not Star if your post is authentic and I don't doubt it is.  Maybe our last chance at the Icon class.  But at least we're getting to experience her.

Cruise Fare 1627.00 1627.00 0.00 0.00 3254.00

Extra Sav NRD

30% Savings NRD

Gratuities 224.00

Taxes, fees, and port expenses  354.76

Total Charge 1312.38 1312.38 2624.76 including gratuities So with all the discounts etc $2400 for 2 pp

Balance Due $1800.00  We have until July to pay it off

Cruise Fare 1627.docx

Edited by BecciBoo

We won't. It is like a year of cruising. 🙂

We'll wait till people satisfy their urge and excitement and then we will try it if it comes to our neck of the woods.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

@BecciBoo

If you are doubting if my post is authentic 

I’m not sure what you are doubting 

I only post facts and don’t speculate 

Please quantify your comment

Looking at Celebrity Xcel and the retreat in a Royal Suite is cheaper than most of the SKY class and Star class suites on STAR 

Nancy 

Nancy, I said I DIDN"T DOUBT IT!  I know you cut n pasted it. Please look at my post again.

Edited by BecciBoo

And I agree with everything you said in your initial post.  Pricing for both these ships is getting to be quite ridiculous.  We booked a Sunset Veranda on Celebrity Asent for April 2025 for only $2499!

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

We sail on Ascent in Jan 2024 and can’t wait for the dates to be released for Beyond and APEX

We also have a Sky Suite on Beyond for the Panama Canal March 2024 

Hoping APEX comes to Port Canaveral 😉

It is well known in the industry at this time that Celebrity are not filling their ships, hence prices are more reasonable on all of the E class ships 

We are happy to sail on all of the E class ships in the retreat whilst the prices are cheaper than a JS on the big Royal ships 

Nancy 

We are also on Ascent in January (I believe we will see you there) and Beyond in March. Grabbed a Sky Suite on Xcel in Jan 2026 for about $390 pppd. Also a brand new ship. A far cry from $1000 pppd for  a GS on Star. 

Apex is definitely coming to PC since its Fall 2025 TA ends there. Let’s see if the pricing is reasonable…. A lot of their suites now are not, IMHO.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1

SOTS itineraries aren't all that exciting either.  Same ole Eastern/Western ports we've been to many times. $2200 pp for ocean view balcony plus all the add-ons like we have set up for the Wonder, hotel, dog kennel, etc.  could eat a big hole in the 401K.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, crewsweeper said:

hotel, dog kennel, etc.  could eat a big hole in the 401K.

You are so right! Boy those costs do add up big time!  Our pet sitter is $35 per day plus tip, park and cruise hotel $400 and food, gas etc!! 😱

• Like 1

1 hour ago, schooner_Drinker said:

@BecciBoo

If you are doubting if my post is authentic 

I’m not sure what you are doubting 

I only post facts and don’t speculate 

Please quantify your comment

Looking at Celebrity Xcel and the retreat in a Royal Suite is cheaper than most of the SKY class and Star class suites on STAR 

Nancy 

He is NOT DOUBTING your post is authentic by the way.

• Thanks 1

The prices are crazy, but I guess people are willing to pay them.  Lots of actual premium products with better service, better food, better accommodations, and a better itinerary are out there, so hard pass for me at these current price levels.  

We are on the Icon in an inside for what i thought was a stupidly high price at the time, but is WAY cheaper than prices today for either the Icon or the Star.  Friends that booked the Icon in the first couple of days it opened have a mini-suite for just a bit more than our inside on the same voyage.

Royal better hope the predicted recession doesn't hit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

See you on the big ones Mike 

Nancy 🍹

We have to define big, lol. I love Oasis class but have zero interest in Icon class. But mostly I just don't care for anything smaller than Voyager class.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

We've paid more for our Celebrity cruises and nothing near what this ship will offer so we're in.

It is a different product with different features.

It is like comparing Disney to X.

47 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

Nancy 

I’m guessing all the regulars and loyalist will be sailing. Vision and Radiance class in the future 🥰

We became somewhat of loyalists 29 out of 60 cruises are with Royal. Lately all our cruises.  And we are sailing on all classes which homeport in NJ (all classes), Baltimore (only Vision class) and Boston. We would sail with X again if they offer something better from following ports and price is competitive.

I suppose RCI counts on people willing to spent $$$ on shorter vacations, on 1 vacation a year. I will wait. 🙂

• Like 1