MITSUGIRLY's ENCORE pictorial and extensive REVIEW

mitsugirly

1 hour ago, Daruma said:

"We'll keep you updated on the updates" 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

"We don't have an estimate on the ETA" 😂🤣

Uh... ETA = "Estimated Time of Arrival" So... "We don't have an estimate on the Estimated Time of Arrival."

She could have, SHOULD have, just said, "We don't have an ETA yet."

Sheeeshhh <SMDH>

I'm like you about feeling rushed when traveling... I HATE it. I also drive my family nuts with my need to arrive at airports really early, (I don't mean early morning, I mean 2 -3 hours before takeoff.), and chill.

LOL!!!!! I know right? 

I'm glad I'm not the only one that drives their family nuts with the early arrivals. I do exactly the same thing with arriving to airports 2-3 hours ahead of time. You just never know what could happen and I like to be prepared...to say the least. I drive them insane sometimes. 

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Kim....Alaska is a "must do" for any cruising fan!  

I know, I know...I will get there I promise. 🙂 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, broberts said:

@mitsugirly, thanks for another wonderful trip report.

You are welcome @broberts! Glad you enjoyed it. 

I just noticed that we both have some type of sticker attached to our screen names that says "RARE". What the heck does that mean? I'm a rare breed...I know this. LOL  But I've never noticed it before. 

I really enjoyed your review @mitsugirly, as always!  We are sailing on the Encore on 1/14 (10 day cruise, similar itinerary, with a few added islands).  It'll be our 2nd sailing on her.

I can't wait to see where you, hubby and Sakara end up next!  Happy New Year!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

You are welcome @broberts! Glad you enjoyed it. 

I just noticed that we both have some type of sticker attached to our screen names that says "RARE". What the heck does that mean? I'm a rare breed...I know this. LOL  But I've never noticed it before. 

It means that very few CC members have the badge.

Your badge is very deserved.

Screenshot_20240107_111733_Chrome.jpg.4c004bb043c4b72c2066d5aa999fbfc0.jpg

• Like 1

Wow I loved the review and so happy to “see” you guys again, I feel like the last time I read one of your reviews, Sakari was in elementary school and still had her mermaid tail so it was shocking to see her! She is growing into a real beauty, You and the hubby look great too, you haven’t aged a bit! 😀

I checked out your website and I found it hard to navigate but this could be  100% user error!  (ETA: ok I went back again to the Ships page and figured it out so yay, lots more to read now! 😀)

Alaska is a dream come true and a place any cruiser should see!

Thank you so much for the great review and beautiful pictures and vids. Cant wait to see where you head next!

ETA: add me to the list of people who will never step over a hose at the gas station again!  

Edited by Beachiekeen

3 hours ago, nhtravels said:

I really enjoyed your review @mitsugirly, as always!  We are sailing on the Encore on 1/14 (10 day cruise, similar itinerary, with a few added islands).  It'll be our 2nd sailing on her.

I can't wait to see where you, hubby and Sakara end up next!  Happy New Year!

Thank you so much! I hope you have a wonderful cruise as well. It's almost time! 🙂 

3 hours ago, broberts said:

It means that very few CC members have the badge.

Your badge is very deserved.

Screenshot_20240107_111733_Chrome.jpg.4c004bb043c4b72c2066d5aa999fbfc0.jpg

Oh wow, I'm honored! I don't think I've ever noticed anything like that before. 

2 hours ago, keyarra said:

I loved your review. My hubs and I are going on the Encore without our kids in March and we loved seeing all the pictures and hearing about the ports!!!

Dee

Thanks so much and have a wonderful cruise on the beautiful Encore. 

31 minutes ago, Beachiekeen said:

Wow I loved the review and so happy to “see” you guys again, I feel like the last time I read one of your reviews, Sakari was in elementary school and still had her mermaid tail so it was shocking to see her! She is growing into a real beauty, You and the hubby look great too, you haven’t aged a bit! 😀

I checked out your website and I found it hard to navigate but this could be  100% user error!  (ETA: ok I went back again to the Ships page and figured it out so yay, lots more to read now! 😀)

Alaska is a dream come true and a place any cruiser should see!

Thank you so much for the great review and beautiful pictures and vids. Cant wait to see where you head next!

ETA: add me to the list of people who will never step over a hose at the gas station again!  

Glad you loved the review and goodness...where have you been that you haven't seen Sakari since she was a mermaid? 😄  We still vacation every 4ish months or so. She is definitely all grown up now. Whew, makes me feel old. 😞 

Glad you were able to figure out the website. There's also the land vacation section as well with plenty of reading if you are ever bored. LOL  One of our favorites has been going to Isla Mujeres, across from Cancun, because we SWAM WITH WHALE SHARKS!!  It was the highlight of our vacation and quite the experience. hehe

I'm definitely looking at Alaska cruises now. Although it might end up being with a different cruise line since NCL is so darn expensive for Alaska. Eek!

Yes, please DO NOT step over hoses. It ruined my life!

• Like 2

Thanks for another wonderful review, Kim. I'm glad you enjoyed the Encore, I did too. Next up for us is a B2B on Celebration next Sunday! 😁 Then we have a 10-day on NCL Jade in April with my oldest son and his wife.

Have fun planning your next adventure. 🥰

• Like 1

Thank you for another incredible review! I'll continue following your website for updates, and count me in for wanting you to do Alaska as well. It's been on our bucket list too, and the flights are what always stop us from pulling the plug. The cruises themselves aren't bad if you book last minute. If you haven't read Professor Cruise's website, I highly recommend it. So many great tips on cruising Alaska, including affordable excursions: https://profcruise.com/

Thank you again, and Happy 2024!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wonderful review! Thank you!

I second the recommendation of Prof Cruise. She lives in Seattle and cruises Alaska often. Very active so she has lots of hiking and active excursion experience.

• Like 1

Thank you for another fun and informative review. I am excited to sail on the Encore again in a few weeks thanks to you.

Here's another vote for Alaska! 😉

Wishing you and your wonderful family a Happy and Healthy 2024.

Kim, I have been following you and your family for several years now. I consider myself a destination cruiser and while I cruise every two or three years I always go for the destination, not the ship or cruise. So far we have visited Alaska 4 times - the last was in 23 when we did a land- sea adventure - so worth it. We have also done a 24 day Canada and New England, and a 21 day Panama Canal plus a Hawaiian cruise on the POA. We have a cruise booked for 2025 going to South America and the Antarctic 14 days on the Star. DW is still on the fence about traveling so far but we have till fall to make final payment :). We also have other destinations on our bucket list like Norway, Greenland, Iceland and Australia/ New Zealand. I know that you love the Carribean and there is nothing wrong with that, but I do think it is time to spread your wings to Alaska or even Canada and New England.

15 hours ago, SenatorsFan said:

Thanks for another wonderful review, Kim. I'm glad you enjoyed the Encore, I did too. Next up for us is a B2B on Celebration next Sunday! 😁 Then we have a 10-day on NCL Jade in April with my oldest son and his wife.

Have fun planning your next adventure. 🥰

Thanks for reading Heather. I hope you enjoy both your cruises. How exciting!!!

14 hours ago, AKR2011 said:

Thank you for another incredible review! I'll continue following your website for updates, and count me in for wanting you to do Alaska as well. It's been on our bucket list too, and the flights are what always stop us from pulling the plug. The cruises themselves aren't bad if you book last minute. If you haven't read Professor Cruise's website, I highly recommend it. So many great tips on cruising Alaska, including affordable excursions: https://profcruise.com/

Thank you again, and Happy 2024!

Thanks so much!  I'm checking into the Alaska cruise. They are just so darn expensive. I haven't even looked at air flight yet. 😶  I will definitely take a look at Profcruise. I think I've read it before, but it's been awhile. 

Happy 2024 to you as well. 

13 hours ago, Buford T Justiice said:

Thanks for the enjoyable review. I tagged along because we have a similar itinerary coming up and wanted to see what excursions you took / recommend.

I hope you found something interesting for excursions. We had a lot of fun and it was something "different" for us. 

Happy cruising!

13 hours ago, justhappy said:

Wonderful review! Thank you!

I second the recommendation of Prof Cruise. She lives in Seattle and cruises Alaska often. Very active so she has lots of hiking and active excursion experience.

Thank you! I will definitely check our Prof Cruise's reviews. Sounds like I can get some great ideas from her. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, purpleally said:

I was almost holding my breath for you as your window tightened. Good case for booking a hotel and not rushing home. 

Trust me, I was holding my breath too. It was nerve racking to say the least. 

12 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Thank you for another fun and informative review. I am excited to sail on the Encore again in a few weeks thanks to you.

Here's another vote for Alaska! 😉

Wishing you and your wonderful family a Happy and Healthy 2024.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise on the Encore in a few weeks. 

I definitely want to do Alaska. It looks so beautiful. 

Happy 2024 to you too!

8 hours ago, bonvoyagie said:

Kim, I have been following you and your family for several years now. I consider myself a destination cruiser and while I cruise every two or three years I always go for the destination, not the ship or cruise. So far we have visited Alaska 4 times - the last was in 23 when we did a land- sea adventure - so worth it. We have also done a 24 day Canada and New England, and a 21 day Panama Canal plus a Hawaiian cruise on the POA. We have a cruise booked for 2025 going to South America and the Antarctic 14 days on the Star. DW is still on the fence about traveling so far but we have till fall to make final payment :). We also have other destinations on our bucket list like Norway, Greenland, Iceland and Australia/ New Zealand. I know that you love the Carribean and there is nothing wrong with that, but I do think it is time to spread your wings to Alaska or even Canada and New England.

When we watched the slides of all the places they had to offer, I found so many that I would like to do as well. Just traveling to get there...eek!  We love the Caribbean because of the warmth and snorkeling/diving. 😄  But we are definitely wanting to expand to different places. 

Happy cruising to you and DW!! It sounds like you've been to some amazing places. 

@mitsugirly

Thanks for your great review - we were going to be on the Escape with the same itinerary, but had to cancel due to health issues.

Definitely do Alaska - another NCL reviewer to follow is  @YVRteacher she usually cruises a B2B each season with her Dad.

I have followed a few of your land vacations on your blog but had difficulty with the black background (I guess it's time to get the eyes fixed).  Always appreciate your insightfulness.

Hi Kim!  I just found your review now, so I'm a bit late to the party as it looks like you're already done with all your posts!  I was busy prepping for and taking our New Years Eve cruise so I missed it when you started your review.  I look forward to catching up on your posts in between writing up my own review.  I linked it below in my signature in case you want to read it... **shameless plug** haha  Thanks again, as always, for taking the time to post your reviews!!

• Like 1

On 1/8/2024 at 3:44 PM, Tyskie said:

@mitsugirly

Thanks for your great review - we were going to be on the Escape with the same itinerary, but had to cancel due to health issues.

Definitely do Alaska - another NCL reviewer to follow is  @YVRteacher she usually cruises a B2B each season with her Dad.

I have followed a few of your land vacations on your blog but had difficulty with the black background (I guess it's time to get the eyes fixed).  Always appreciate your insightfulness.

Aww, thanks for the comment. So sorry about your health issues and hopefully you will get back to cruising soon. 

I will definitely look up YVRteacher! Thanks for the info!

I'm so sorry about the difficulty you are having reading the black background. 😞 

On 1/8/2024 at 8:42 PM, melodyesch said:

Great review!  When going to a new port, I usually look for your reviews because of how thorough you are!

Thank you! Aww that's so nice. I'm glad I have been helpful (hopefully) when looking for something to do in ports. 

On 1/9/2024 at 12:43 AM, Castaway Cowgirl said:

Thank you!  Great review.

You're welcome and thanks for the comment. 🙂 

On 1/10/2024 at 9:24 AM, deladane said:

Hi Kim!  I just found your review now, so I'm a bit late to the party as it looks like you're already done with all your posts!  I was busy prepping for and taking our New Years Eve cruise so I missed it when you started your review.  I look forward to catching up on your posts in between writing up my own review.  I linked it below in my signature in case you want to read it... **shameless plug** haha  Thanks again, as always, for taking the time to post your reviews!!

Well nothing better than a New Years Eve cruise right?? That would be so much fun!

I will definitely take a look at your review. You are welcome to plug away. 😄 

On 1/10/2024 at 3:00 PM, TravelGirlinDallas said:

HEY! So glad I found your review by chance - since it's not on your website, I didn't get a handy notification email this time. Very happy that you did a review, anyway. I always enjoy following along on your adventures!

Sorry, I've been so busy with trying to get the review done I completely forgot about sending out the notification email to all my subscribers. Oopsy!  Thanks for the reminder. 

• Like 1

Everything is so different than when I started cruising.  All the food was included and drinks were really inexpensive.   Room service was free and chocolates were on your pillow at night.