New Princess App available

iamaqt2

16 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

That is what i have been told when I am on the ship. Try using the port free WiFi (if the port has it) to try and get to your future cruises 

Thanks!  You can also still access future cruises via princess.com website when you’re onboard so it seems to be just the app that has limited access.

I downloaded the new app , I had to reset my password. All done okay so I signed into the app. I want to have a look if there dining we booked was still there and it said i had to download the app ( I checked and yes I was still in the app) so anyway I clicked download the app , yes it was just telling me to open it as I had already downloaded it, and it just took me back to where I was before  telling me to download the app. 

Any ideas , I am going to try deleting it and downloading it again. Well report back 

So here was our experience FWIW. We only have the new app because this is our first (Princess) cruise. Leaving in just under a month. Husband and I each filled out everything except Shoreside. My app showed me as blue and him as green. His app showed him as blue and me as green. And it would not let us order the medallions until we entered Shoreside. Instead, I called customer service and ordered the medallions over the phone. Wasn't on hold at all because I did the call-back option and that took maybe 10 minutes. The rep did not question why I was calling instead of using the app.

Unrelated, we're traveling with another cabin and they made the dinner reservations for all of us. I can't see them on the app. It still wants me to make my own reservations. But I'm assuming that will show up properly on board.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, kamelia said:

Thanks!  You can also still access future cruises via princess.com website when you’re onboard so it seems to be just the app that has limited access.

Yes, it has always been, with the App, you can only see your current cruise.  So, if you go to the website version…that is also the App.

I just go to the regular website, Princess.com, cruise personalizer to work on other cruises.

• Thanks 1

Probably asked before.  Anyone else's loyalty level not being shown under their profile?  My mother and I are both platinum.  Hers says platinum but mine says nothing.  Was anyone able to get this fixed?  Thanks

37 minutes ago, shopgirl151 said:

Probably asked before.  Anyone else's loyalty level not being shown under their profile?  My mother and I are both platinum.  Hers says platinum but mine says nothing.  Was anyone able to get this fixed?  Thanks

The new App.. nothing would mean a new cruiser, with a blue sea witch medallion shown.

I wouldn’t worry too much, as mine has flipped back and forth on the loyalty status every few days.  I just ignore it and assume they are trying to update. Who knows?  Just make sure your account is correct on the website.

Only problem is, if you’re trying to purchase the wifi medallionNet

with your loyalty discount.

You could contact the IT department if you want them to correct it now.  Or, should I say, attempt to correct it?

askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

Edited by PacnGoNow

Same thing happened to me last spring.  Had to access booking to get QR code for next cruise.  Signed on in terminal…bingo.  

im not crazy about old/new app.  Seems like they have more problems than benefits.

5 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

That is what i have been told when I am on the ship. Try using the port free WiFi (if the port has it) to try and get to your future cruises 

Well, I knew from past experience to wait until they worked out all the bugs, but I was impatient and downloaded the new app.  BIG MISTAKE!!!  Only the next cruise shows up, the other 2 have disappeared (help chat is helpless, Princess can’t find them either), ALL of my dining reservations are gone, only half of the excursions show up, and the only thing that transferred over is my credit card information…including the fact that Princess automatically transferred the credit card to shoreside purchases—and that is definitely NOT something I wanted or signed up for!!!  What a colossal mess—you would think that Princess would be embarrassed with their IT team.  Obviously not!

Did you keep the old app too?

I still see 3 cruises on my old app. Only see my most recent one on the new app.

My dining and everything transferred properly over a few days .

The website has your travel summary & payment details.

Give it a couple of days.

• Like 4

I only used the new app on my cruise that just ended yesterday.  Some new features I really like.  Overall, it worked pretty well, still with a few glitches, and I also had the old app to fall back on.  It’ll all get worked out but you may only have the current cruise showing instead of all of them listed under your profile.  
You can always log in using your booking number to enter info in for a future cruise.  But, yes .. that is an unnecessary pain.  

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, trvlwrld said:

Well, I knew from past experience to wait until they worked out all the bugs, but I was impatient and downloaded the new app.  BIG MISTAKE!!!  Only the next cruise shows up, the other 2 have disappeared (help chat is helpless, Princess can’t find them either), ALL of my dining reservations are gone, only half of the excursions show up, and the only thing that transferred over is my credit card information…including the fact that Princess automatically transferred the credit card to shoreside purchases—and that is definitely NOT something I wanted or signed up for!!!  What a colossal mess—you would think that Princess would be embarrassed with their IT team.  Obviously not!

Not ideal but you can find future bookings by using the booking number. Like you, my cruises other than the next one aren't displayed as in the old App. 

Does your card show as available to sect for shoreside purchases or as selected? When I compare the onboard and shoreside screens, I see my two payment methods on file available on both, only onboard shows a card applied though. It carried over as it was on the old app.

IMG_9993.jpeg

IMG_9994.jpeg

I agree, I am totally confused about shoreside.  Am I automatically enrolled or do I have to hit the + button?  Is there anyway to undo linking it to shoreside?  Or is this a “glitch”?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, trvlwrld said:

…you would think that Princess would be embarrassed with their IT team.  Obviously not!

As someone who works in corporate IT (not for Princess), this is the new normal.

Deliver on time = project success, executives get their bonus.

Personally, I prefer delayed delivery and a more polished product… and that mindset is why I'm a programmer, not in the C suite.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ldubs said:

So, can I take it we can continue to use the old App if we don't download this new one?   

You can you use the old App through February I think. Whether they extend that timeframe who knows. Other than the fact that you can't access all future bookings in the new App without using your booking number, I personally don't have any major problems with it. The issues I have with the old App are still there with the new so no real change for me.

• Thanks 1

Fooled you twice I see.

After the last update I'll wait until they force me to do it. 

I've got enough aggravation in my life without dealing with their updates before a cruise. 

Good luck. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I agree, I am totally confused about shoreside.  Am I automatically enrolled or do I have to hit the + button?  Is there anyway to undo linking it to shoreside?  Or is this a “glitch”?

Click on the three dots where your credit card is shown and select delete.  I have been told it works. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, trvlwrld said:

1 hour ago, DHP1 said:

Click on the three dots where your credit card is shown and select delete.  I have been told it works. 

Accomplished.  Credit card deleted from shoreside.  Casualty….dropped from 7 to 6 steps completed.  

Now what?  My Medallion won’t be shipped?  I will be denied boarding?

4 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Accomplished.  Credit card deleted from shoreside.  Casualty….dropped from 7 to 6 steps completed.  

I tried the new app to check in for our February cruises - I put in a new cc number for Onboard, it did not carry over to the Shoreside part. I just exited without filling that in, so it shows me as 6 of 7 steps completed. The old app also shows me at 6 of 7 because we're not having the Medallions shipped. From what I've read elsewhere, should not be a problem, we'll see what happens!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Sorry I didn’t realize you did order your Medallion. Ok, here’s whats everyone doing. Enter your cc and then order your Medallion. You’re now 7/7 green lane. Go back in now and click on the 3 dots and deleted your cc in Shoreside Transactions. Now, you’re in blue lane 6/7. Check your “old” App and see if your in green lane. However, your Medallion is now being shipped to your home address so another words you’re in green lane. Forget what the new App has to say. A member try this on a cruise last week and it work. She enter the green lane and the agent scan her Medallion with no questions asked about her cc in Shoreside Transaction. If all fails, your Medallion will be waiting for you at Port however, you have to enter blue lane. You will “not” be denied boarding. 

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, WisCruiser2 said:

I tried the new app to check in for our February cruises - I put in a new cc number for Onboard, it did not carry over to the Shoreside part. I just exited without filling that in, so it shows me as 6 of 7 steps completed. The old app also shows me at 6 of 7 because we're not having the Medallions shipped. From what I've read elsewhere, should not be a problem, we'll see what happens!

Keep checking your new App. Read of stories that your cc will automatically be carry over to Shoreside Transactions. 

This is what we are planning on doing. We’re spending a week in Barcelona before our cruise and therefore, we have no choice of picking up the Medallion at port. I’m afraid we won’t received the Medallion in time. Only problem is, the blue lane maybe long. Be nice if Princess created 2 blue lanes, one for Platinum/Elite members. 

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 4