New Princess App available

iamaqt2

1. You can have both old and new apps on your phone.  At some point they declare it dead, but until then you can use either one.

2. The 6/7 thing doesn't mean what people think it means - it isn't related to boarding the ship.  When you arrive for your cruise no one will even look at that.  The only thing will be "do you have a medallion" and "may I see your passport."

3. Even at that point, if you don't have your medallion you will go through the "blue line" at be given the medallion - again, no one will ask about the 6/7 deal. 

• Like 2

So far ::: knock on wood ::: only had one problem with it: it didn't accept my username/password for logging in but I was able to successfully log in with booking #. Put in an order for our medallions so we should be all set for the green lane when the time comes. (Not until November so some patience is called for. At least we have a 14 day on MSC Seascape coming up in a little under 30 days.)

9 hours ago, ExPhotog said:

executives get their bonus.

As it has been for generations, still the highest priority item in the executive suite of any corporation.

I will do most everything the old fashioned way---using the Princess website/ speaking F2F with staff onboard--- to print out paper copies of key documents, reserve MDR times, order room service, order drinks & food, etc---IMHO "No App Needed 4 That!"

• Like 1

Your dining reservations are probably still there.  After opening Reserve Dining under View and Reserve Dining, click on the calendar with the heart in the top right corner. If you have reservations, they will open up. 

4 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Accomplished.  Credit card deleted from shoreside.  Casualty….dropped from 7 to 6 steps completed.  

Now what?  My Medallion won’t be shipped?  I will be denied boarding?

Caved....and re-authorized credit card on Shoreside purchases.  Back to 7 out of 7 steps completed.  Medallion order still in place.  

This is so insane !

Amendment:  I want to thank the poster that recommended using a pre-paid card.  I have been searching my home for such a card.  Finally found a digital one for $5.  Applied it to my shoreside account. 

Accepted and still 7 out of 7.  

Brilliant.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, trvlwrld said:

Well, I knew from past experience to wait until they worked out all the bugs, but I was impatient and downloaded the new app.  BIG MISTAKE!!!  Only the next cruise shows up, the other 2 have disappeared (help chat is helpless, Princess can’t find them either), ALL of my dining reservations are gone, only half of the excursions show up, and the only thing that transferred over is my credit card information…including the fact that Princess automatically transferred the credit card to shoreside purchases—and that is definitely NOT something I wanted or signed up for!!!  What a colossal mess—you would think that Princess would be embarrassed with their IT team.  Obviously not!

If you don't like it, just delete the App.  Your booking is your booking and the new App did not mess with that.  But realize the old App is going to be retired - perhaps as early as next 4 weeks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DHP1 said:

Click on the three dots where your credit card is shown and select delete.  I have been told it works. 

Thank you very much! I have been going crazy trying to do this!  Now, how do you make specialty dinner reservations without being charged if you have the premier package?

5 minutes ago, shiner6 said:

Thank you very much! I have been going crazy trying to do this!  Now, how do you make specialty dinner reservations without being charged if you have the premier package?

I’m not one of the “stupid” ones (LOL, refer to the subject title) to download the App yet. My understanding, people are still having problems booking diner reservations on the new App. I suggest in trying the “old” App or the web version or if the worst comes to the worst, book as soon as you get on board. That what we usually do however, we eat around 8 and at that time tables are available.  

Edited by DHP1

28 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

If you don't like it, just delete the App.  Your booking is your booking and the new App did not mess with that.  But realize the old App is going to be retired - perhaps as early as next 4 weeks.

The old app is already not functioning for certain sections.  I only uploaded new app to my ipad.  Old app on phone is a hit and miss (lots of misses).  No worries, cruise is not for a few more months....right ? # ! 

well, I have tried everything for pre-booking dining-got charged for every single one even though the app states that 2 specialty dinners are included. The times are now gone only ones left are for 8:40-too late for me (I have GERDS).  So, I just paid and hope I can clear this up once on board. I have sailed with Princess for 14 years.  This simply adds another layer of aggravation pre cruise. I am hoping the rest is clear sailing. 

4 minutes ago, shiner6 said:

well, I have tried everything for pre-booking dining-got charged for every single one even though the app states that 2 specialty dinners are included. The times are now gone only ones left are for 8:40-too late for me (I have GERDS).  So, I just paid and hope I can clear this up once on board. I have sailed with Princess for 14 years.  This simply adds another layer of aggravation pre cruise. I am hoping the rest is clear sailing. 

Yes, it has been reported the old AND new APP is not recognizing SD credits for passengers with Premier. Luckily for me, I was able to make SD reservations without being charged a few weeks ago on the old APP for my upcoming Discovery sailing next month.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DHP1 said:

I’m not one of the “stupid” ones (LOL, refer to the subject title) to download the App yet. My understanding, people are still having problems booking diner reservations on the new App. I suggest in trying the “old” App or the web version or if the worst comes to the worst, book as soon as you get on board. That what we usually do however, we eat around 8 and at that time tables are available.  

I couldn't make dining reservations in the old app because I hadn't paid in full but I could make them in the new app. 🤷‍♀️

On 1/14/2024 at 9:10 AM, PacnGoNow said:

The new App.. nothing would mean a new cruiser, with a blue sea witch medallion shown.

I wouldn’t worry too much, as mine has flipped back and forth on the loyalty status every few days.  I just ignore it and assume they are trying to update. Who knows?  Just make sure your account is correct on the website.

Only problem is, if you’re trying to purchase the wifi medallionNet

with your loyalty discount.

You could contact the IT department if you want them to correct it now.  Or, should I say, attempt to correct it?

askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

If using a CVP...they can fix this as well.

• Thanks 1

On 1/15/2024 at 2:03 PM, DHP1 said:

What I did was keep both apps for now. I cruise in mid March so I don't expect the old app to still be working but I was able to make dinner reservations on the old app, they transfered over. When I click on the heart calender they're all there. But for any modifications I go back to the old app.

On 1/14/2024 at 7:20 AM, amajaa said:

I downloaded the new app , I had to reset my password. All done okay so I signed into the app. I want to have a look if there dining we booked was still there and it said i had to download the app ( I checked and yes I was still in the app) so anyway I clicked download the app , yes it was just telling me to open it as I had already downloaded it, and it just took me back to where I was before  telling me to download the app. 

Any ideas , I am going to try deleting it and downloading it again. Well report back 

After I downloaded the new app, and after deleting all the credit cards they had listed for offshore purchases that were never listed there before, I could not get at our dining reservations at all.  I finally gave up and went on another device that still had the old app and they showed up as we had scheduled them - but it's still 30+ days 🙂

• Like 1

On Sky; new app is ok.  It doesn’t have Shipmate messaging like the old app.  If your in a group, was always handy.  We are still using old app for that.

59 minutes ago, Crashe said:

On Sky; new app is ok.  It doesn’t have Shipmate messaging like the old app.  If your in a group, was always handy.  We are still using old app for that.

Was hoping that would open up, once OB.  Did you check

with the OceanFront or IT employee OB?

I don’t see an area in the new ‘updated’ medallion for Travel Companions. We will be a total of 8 and having us all right there on the previous medallion was very helpful when we cruised beforehand.
Any reason why it’s missing? Or is it there somewhere and I can’t find it?

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Was hoping that would open up, once OB.

1 hour ago, el zorro said:

I don’t see an area in the new ‘updated’ medallion for Travel Companions. We will be a total of 8 and having us all right there on the previous medallion was very helpful when we cruised beforehand.
Any reason why it’s missing? Or is it there somewhere and I can’t find it?

My Shipmates is currently located under My Profile in the new app.  You can use locate My Travel Party, but there is not an option for messaging.  There is an icon in the upper right corner to add someone using Find By Name, but I don’t have another name to use to check it out for functionality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Crashe said:

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Was hoping that would open up, once OB.  Did you check

with the OceanFront or IT employee OB?

My guess is they got rid of it rather than trying to improve it.  It is kind if funny, because a year or so back (or less), they did announce it was going to be upgraded and provide a notification of received message.  Something changed that.  Most people consider it pretty useless without the notification.  Secondly, with most guests on an internet plan, a slew of messaging options is available that are much better. 

For me, I'd rather they spend IT resources fixing and improving the things they need to provide for a better pre-cruise and on-board experience.  I don't them providing and supporting a thir-rate messaging system.

• Like 2