The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday, January 5th, 2024

kazu

We had a wonderful time this afternoon with fellow Dailyites!

Will definitely be doing this again. 😀

Henry (Cruising-along’s DH), Carolyn (Cruising-along), Lorraine (cruising sister), Caron (cruisercl), Rich, and Susan (durangoscots)

IMG_1501.thumb.jpeg.cee735ba53e1411de1396ddd998260ac.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 7

7 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning and Happy Friday from chilly Tucson. 

I like most birds but the pigeons and doves are messy, especially when they frolic in our pool fountain.  We’ve seen more roadrunners this year than usual.  My favorite are cardinals but I haven’t seen any this year. We also have lots of hummingbirds. There is a well known hummingbird sanctuary and nature preserve southeast of us called Ramsey Canyon run by the Nature Conservatory. They even have a webcam https://video.nest.com/live/wPniJlgcTA 

We actually stayed there once back in the 90’s and enjoyed it very much. 

I think we’re having pizza today so will pass on the meal suggestion. I bought the dough this time so it will be an easy meal. 

Bruce & Sue @aliaschief @DWAliaschief, Bon Voyage!  Enjoy your special cruise. 

Pennie @Nickelpenny, welcome home!  Glad you finally found your car!

Joy @Seasick Sailor, how are you and Allen doing?  Still enjoying the cruise?

Sandi @StLouisCruisers, I’ve been enjoying your cruise report. I remember reading it before but don’t remember the part about you actually being on South Georgia Island the same day Shackleton died. How touching that must have been. I think I’m reading his tombstone correctly, he was so young when he died, 48?  Wow. I read the book years ago and couldn’t put it down thinking about everything that they went through. 

Nancy @ottahand7, I love HAL’s chili rellenos too. I’m enjoying your cruise report and hope you both have a great time. Did you find out the name of the Sauvignon Blanc that you didn’t like?

Ann @cat shepard, I don’t comment on the wine very often but this one sounds wonderful. Thank you for always taking the time researching the wines. 

Dixie @summer slope, the drink sounds really good. I’m not a big cocktail drinker but this one sounds refreshing. However, I’d probably not buy strawberry vodka just for one drink. I’m sure muddled strawberries would work. 

@seagarsmoker, good to hear you are feeling better. Any word about your job search?

Blue is wondering why I haven’t made his lunch yet. 🐕

Have a great day!

Celsius SB.  Glad you are enjoying following along.  Yes chili rellenos are the best. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, seagarsmoker said:

I had an interview for an open position yesterday and it sounded like I am a finalist for the last round of 3 which will be in a couple of weeks.  Thanks for asking. 

Great news! I bet lots of us will be routing for you!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, seagarsmoker said:

I had an interview for an open position yesterday and it sounded like I am a finalist for the last round of 3 which will be in a couple of weeks.  Thanks for asking. 

Thank you for your reply. Best wishes on the job and hoping you are the final selection! I’m rooting for you. 

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I've enjoyed reading about his exploration too.  Incredibly difficult journey and unbelievable (almost!) that no crewmembers died.  I believe he passed shortly before his 48th birthday which I agree is very young.

I'm pretty sure South Georgia Island was only included on the Christmas-New Year's cruise.  The remainder of the cruises to Antarctica during the season went to the Falklands.  We've been to the Falklands three times and know that the cruises to South Georgia Island are rarer.  It was worth missing Christmas at home with family that one time.

Amazing what 5 to 6 hours of sleep can do.  I hope that continues!  I'm really sorry to hear about the miscommunications with your paperwork.  No excuse for that kind of mix-up really but it happens way too often.

Yes 48 is very young but he accomplished so much during his lifetime. Wow. 

33 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Henry (Cruising-along’s DH), Carolyn (Cruising-along), Lorraine (cruising sister), Caron (cruisercl), Rich, and Susan (durangoscots)

Great picture of the Daily group!

22 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

Celsius SB.  Glad you are enjoying following along.  Yes chili rellenos are the best. 

I’ve had that one before but if I remember it’s over the $11 Signature Beverage pkg. When I was on the Volendam in April I had a hard time getting a good SB in the Ocean Bar in the pkg. They kept offering me ones over the limit. I didn’t mind paying for a few but didn’t want it to become each and every time, even though it was only the difference. After many requests they finally brought some from the other venues. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Thank you for getting someone to take this pic & then sharing it. I am waving!👋🏻 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Great picture of the Dailyites.  Glad to be able to put faces with names.  Enjoy your wonderful adventure.

Lenda

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Nice photo.

It is nice to put faces to names.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1