Grandeur Reviews

I see the first CC reviews coming through now and 

they are a bit disappointing at best 3 stars, with moans about various areas

Going on our 1st Regent Cruise in November so hopefully

the reviews improve although I do realise people are more 

liable to write a poor review than a good one after a cruise and for 1 couple 

who didn't like it there are probably 20 who did. Hopefully we are one of these other 19 couples😀

We never go to a new restaurant soon after it opens...same with sailing on a new cruise ship.  There are always growing pains that will eventually be corrected.  We board in less than a week and I'm confident we have nothing to worry about...we tend to go with the flow when we travel, so little things don't bother us.  By the time you board negative issues will be minimal and you'll enjoy a fantastic cruise.

• Like 2

Probably not a great idea to sail on a new ship for the first several months. Way too many maintenance / construction issues that need to be resolved, not to mention new employees.

18 minutes ago, wcsdkqh said:

Way too many maintenance / construction issues that need to be resolved, not to mention new employees.

I agree with your first premise.  However, I know of many seasoned crew members currently on Grandeur and look forward to sailing with them again.

• Like 2

We were on the Grandeur Dec 21 MIA-LA cruise, 16 nights. Experienced Crystal cruisers, first time on Regent.  I'm too lazy to write a review(and frankly I find them of little value as I have no idea the perspective of the reviewer.)  We were pretty much over the moon.  The ship was of course bright and shiny, but the service was much smoother than I had been expecting on a ship so recently put into service. Food(important to us) was also just fine to excellent, with the few misses easily corrected and not worth further comment.  Also, luuuved the Culinary Arts Kitchen experience.

My proof?  We've booked Grandeur BtB this December over the holidays.

Sorry to say, but the eternal verities of cruising still apply:

1) You won't know until you've tried it

2) The only opinion that matters is yours

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

We are on Grandeur now.  For us it has been a generally outstanding experience. If Regent had put a little more sound isolation between the suites we would have no complaints. Even Destination Services has been a joy to deal with. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

We were on the Grandeur Dec 21 MIA-LA cruise, 16 nights. Experienced Crystal cruisers, first time on Regent.  I'm too lazy to write a review(and frankly I find them of little value as I have no idea the perspective of the reviewer.)  We were pretty much over the moon.  The ship was of course bright and shiny, but the service was much smoother than I had been expecting on a ship so recently put into service. Food(important to us) was also just fine to excellent, with the few misses easily corrected and not worth further comment.  Also, luuuved the Culinary Arts Kitchen experience.

My proof?  We've booked Grandeur BtB this December over the holidays.

Sorry to say, but the eternal verities of cruising still apply:

1) You won't know until you've tried it

2) The only opinion that matters is yours

Just what  we love to hear and yes we have done numerous cruises with different cruise lines with poor reviews & went on  to enjoy them, it's just I wasn't expecting such mediocre reviews on this brand new exciting ship.

We sailed Miami to LA and other than the ports that got deleted - and the chair hogs - we had no issues.  Service was very good as was the food.  Beautiful ship.  Stayed in a PH on deck 14 did hear a little noise one day from next suite but not terrible.  

• Like 2

Would be great if those who have sailed on Grandeur could send info on their suites for inclusion in the Suite Guru guide sticky at the top of CC:

TIA

• Like 1

I was a week on Grandeur in December last year - no big complaints. The weather was very inclement. Concierge suite was very good  - I am a single . Great room attendants !

Was twice on the Splendor as well  , maybe the atmosphere on the Splendor was friendlier. 

Only had to send back  1 far too sour drink.🙃

Maybe some more fresh fruits were appropriate as well. ( sub tropical areas ) 

CD was somewhat haughty and he  only did the trivia on the first and the last afternoon. 

One big issue for me :  the latest disembarkation is at 9 am  and my dayroom is only as from 10 am 

( illness +  medication  ...early morning is not my best time of the day  )

I agree the embarkation on Regent is "early"  comparing to some other lines. 

18 hours ago, jeb_bud said:

We are on Grandeur now.  For us it has been a generally outstanding experience. If Regent had put a little more sound isolation between the suites we would have no complaints. Even Destination Services has been a joy to deal with. 

I am also on board right now, and I agree with both of these assessments. I would probably request the sound improving a little more strongly than you mentioned here- we can hear the conversations and the television of the couples in both suites next to us both sides, and have experienced early-morning awakening with apparent cleaning of the public areas above us.

although we have not overall been that pleased with the excursions, we had been led to believe that the destination services team was awful. We found them easy to deal with, pleasant, and truthful/realistic about what to expect from the various excursions.

• Like 1

The chair hog situation is absurd here as well, but of course, this is not unique to this ship. I’m disappointed that we don’t have a lounger in our concierge suite. I had thought based on splendor that that is something we would have. I’m actually taking a bath right now because I can’t find anywhere at the pool to sit in the shade.

I’m happy we have a bathtub, but frankly, I could do that for free at home.

Not uncommon to walk by and find, an entire row of window side loungers occupied by only books and sunglasses. 

2 hours ago, the_dylaness said:

The chair hog situation is absurd here as well, but of course, this is not unique to this ship. I’m disappointed that we don’t have a lounger in our concierge suite. I had thought based on splendor that that is something we would have. I’m actually taking a bath right now because I can’t find anywhere at the pool to sit in the shade.

I’m happy we have a bathtub, but frankly, I could do that for free at home.

Not uncommon to walk by and find, an entire row of window side loungers occupied by only books and sunglasses. 

🤬they really need to get some system. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rcandkc said:

🤬they really need to get some system. 

They had one on our Splendor TA in April, and it worked great. A table was set up next to pool bar with a notice that items left unattended on lounge chairs for more than 30 minutes (if I recall correctly) would be collected and brought to this table for pickup. Was always fun sitting at pool bar with a drink watching these entitled miscreants claim their booty. Almost wanted to make me stand up and clap. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Regarding the soundproofing issues between the cabins --- this is the second thread where several posters have made comments about hearing conversations / televisions, etc., on either side of their cabins.

I'm beginning to think this is more the rule rather than the exception and, outside of earplugs  --- if this is bothersome to folks  -- I don't see what the short term solution is here.

Actually, I don't think Regent would do anything to address this anyway --- too costly and disruptive to their sailing schedule.

I will be on the Grandeur in a few months so will see what the problems in this regard might be.  I will be among those bringing earplugs just in case.

Just writing to confirm this is not a "one off" in just a few cabins and to set my expectations accordingly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrstanley said:

RE: Chair hogs

Maybe a nightly flyer should be put on everyone’s bed explaining the protocol along with the dress code!

They should also probably make chair hogs more of a running joke, so that anyone thinking of doing it will be shamed into at least thinking twice. They could do it before shows, during announcements, etc. Kind of like, "Everyone's watching you."

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, mrstanley said:

RE: Chair hogs

Maybe a nightly flyer should be put on everyone’s bed explaining the protocol along with the dress code!

It is in the daily Passages but obviously ignored.  Agree that they should do what they did on the Splendor when we were on last April.

2 hours ago, 2SailingNomads said:

It is in the daily Passages but obviously ignored.  Agree that they should do what they did on the Splendor when we were on last April.

Same cruise? TA?

19 hours ago, 2SailingNomads said:

We sailed Miami to LA and other than the ports that got deleted - and the chair hogs - we had no issues.  Service was very good as was the food.  Beautiful ship.  Stayed in a PH on deck 14 did hear a little noise one day from next suite but not terrible.  

We were also on that cruise and had similar comments. The chair hog issue was annoying both around the pool shaded areas and in the non-assigned seat dining (pool and veranda). Jorge (George) in the Compass Rose was a dream. For the second consecutive Christmas New Year cruise we had our “son” Nino as our waiter. We also had MANY wonderful personnel in the dining venues. 

Our Penthouse on deck 6 was comfortable and quiet. Rajib, our butler, could not have been more helpful. 

Cannot really comment on food because we had Kosher proteins. Everything was custom cooked and delicious. When we didn’t have the Kosher, we had fish or veggie. No complaints about anything. 

We are appreciative of RSSC and look forward to our 3 currently booked cruises. 

• Like 1

Update on cabin soundproofing- I was just awakened by a ringing stateroom phone. My neighbor’s. Not happy. The tone is lovely but if the walls are so thin it wakes me up when someone ELSE’S phone rings… this is a problem!

on the upside Chartreuse last night was excellent and the comedian was actually pretty good.

• Like 4

The cabin soundproofing issue is also a problem on Oceania’s new build. Same parent  company. Same shipyard. This can only be corrected at dry dock 

i was on the grandeur for 3 cruises starting Nov 24. 3 different suites. No soundproofing issues. 

btw. I thought grandeur was fabulous. I booked 4 more cruises booked on her

• Like 5