Willdra's Paramount Carnival Panorama October 15-21 Cruise

willdra

3 hours ago, willdra said:

I was skeptical about it at first, but let me tell you, Disney made a believer out of me! Now I'm wondering if they have them on Disney Cruise ships too. 🤔

They do! And with RUM!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Mommapadraig said:

Our local ice cream stand sells Dole Whips in Michigan. I also read that it’s a powder mix and you can buy in huge quantities on Amazon!I couldn’t attach the link but they are right. It’s on Amazon. Not cheap but cheaper than a Disney cruise.

Added to my cart, thank you @Mommapadraig. And @willdra thank you for another review, The world needs more Wildra 😊

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, willdra said:

The sign on the door leading to the cabins said they would be ready at 2:30. That was late. Our cabin was 10239, and it was on the Lido. I was interested to see how that Lido life hits. We popped in and dropped off W’s bag first, then walked out to eat. There was no line at GBJ at all. I couldn’t believe it. I think peeps were still stuck trying to get into port in that traffic. I got my food quick, dropped a few condiments on the plate, then went to find W. He was easy to find since it wasn’t crowded on the Lido. Unusual.

Uh oh, here comes a PSA. It’s not necessary to stand at the toppings station at GBJ squirting that slow moving ketchup into those little tins. There are whole bottles of ketchup and mustard in different stations on the Lido. Just get one and take it to your table. Use as much as you want. Thank me later.

When I sat down, W said “There’s a lady trying to sign people up for the Steakhouse tonight. I told her to ask you”. To this I said “👀“. I hadn’t really looked at the new MDR menu yet, and I wanted to do that before committing to the steakhouse. Not 6 seconds after W said that, she popped up at our table. “Hi ma’am your husband said to ask you about reserving the Steakhouse”. Me: “👀” “ Umm. Ok. What times do you have for tonight?”

Her: “Yes tonight you get free wine” “We have all the times.”

Me: “Do you have 8pm?”

Her: “Yes! I will sign you up”.

Still me “👀”. I guess we are going to the Steakhouse tonight.

W totes set me up. 

IMG_3163-L.jpg

IMG_3230-L.jpg

IMG_3233-L.jpg

IMG_3234-L.jpg

IMG_3235-L.jpg

IMG_3236-L.jpg

IMG_3237-L.jpg

IMG_3238-L.jpg

IMG_3240-L.jpg

IMG_3246-L.jpg

IMG_3249-L.jpg

My husband does the same. Bro, like why you throw us under the bus!!

• Haha 1

I'm still chuckling about "Heart attack hill" and your description of the apples in the tart at the steakhouse. 🙂

Although we have sailed enough to be platinum, I NEVER knew that there are drawers under the sofa in the room.  I was so happy to learn this from you!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mkcurran said:

Heart attack hill! Lmao!

That is a very true description. 

Exactly!!

Especially for us since we carry on our suitcases ever since the luggage no show debacle of 2016.

If those porters were really smart they'd station a couple of them at the bottom of said hill and they could name their price for 2 minutes worth of work.

Carnival should prolly install an AED at the top too!!

• Haha 6

12 hours ago, willdra said:

We ate what we could, paid, then went to catch the comedy show. The show started at 10. We got there around 9:25 and the line was already pretty long. The limelight lounge holds a lot of people tho, so we knew we were good to get a decent seat. At about 9:46 they let us in.

The comedian was Jorge Solano. When we sat down the lady in the chair next to mine kept bumping my chair. I hated to be “that lady”, but I had to get up and scoot my chair over. When she saw me do it she apologized profusely, but it wasn’t her fault, and I wasn't upset. The chairs were pushed very close together. The comedian went on and he was alright. That show didn't really contain prepared material. He wanted to work with the crowd. This is not my favorite type of comedy especially if it doesn’t work out. There was a guy that didn’t really want to be involved or a part of the "show", but the comedian wasn’t having it. He was basically bullying the guy off and on. He would move on to another topic, then go right back to calling the guy out. It ended with the guy low key threatening the comedian, which (if you could imagine), made it exponentially worse. The comedian wouldn’t (couldn't?) let it go. He commented on it a few more times after that. Unprofessional. I wanted to tell him to just put them Ha Ha's on us and end the rah rah rah and back and forth, but I'm sure that advice would've fallen on deaf, and possibly missing ears. I could tell audience guy was upset too, cuz he kept randomly talking loud to his friends and was not respecting the comedian or his show. Lady Luck was on the comedian's side too, that guy looked like he was about that action. It reminded me of the Dave Chappell episode "When keeping it real goes wrong". This went horribly wrong.

It was also bland. I was fading fast, and I liked it. Sleep was calling my name, and I picked up on the first ring. When it was over, I went and got hot water for my "turn in" tea. W went to a bar for a nightcap.

Our Diamond Brunch Invitations were in the cabin along with our Diamond VIFP gifts. We were supposed to get them on the Horizon, but they ran out. This was the luggage tags and passport covers that W was ranting about on the Horizon. We'd received an email before the cruise telling us that we would receive them on this cruise. W really wanted them so I’m glad they came thru.

I went to bed shortly after returning to the cabin.

Before I fell asleep, I said a prayer thanking God for Lume deodorant. That stuff is some sort of voodoo magic. I also prayed that it doesn’t cause any negative side effects that have yet to be discovered. I'm gonna be peeved if I'm watching TV and a commercial starts with "If you or your loved one used Lume deodorant products, and now suffer from big hot dog fingers and baked bologna breath, you may be entitled to compensation". Block it God. 

IMG_3391-L.jpg

IMG_3496-L.jpg

IMG_3498-L.jpg

Omg. I'm at work and can't stop laughing!!

• Haha 2

On 1/31/2024 at 8:43 PM, willdra said:

When we walked out of the ride, another parade was getting ready to start. We crossed over back into Adventureland so we would be in the area to pickup my Dole Whip order at 6:30. We sat in the Tiki Hut waiting area when we got there. There’s a very good restroom back there, which we utilized. At 6:30 I picked up my Pineapple Whip. It was everything and more! It lived up to the hype, and no lies were detected. It for real made my mouth ecstatic. I ate it slow to enjoy it while we sat and people watched. After I was done, we did the Jungle Cruise cuz it was a short wait.

The wait for Jungle Cruise was short for a reason. That ride was super super mid and dated. I was glad we only waited 20 minutes. It was after 7 when we exited, but the park was still very full. We checked the app, and Peter Pan had a 30 minute wait. It was a very quick walk through the castle to get there.

IMG_3104-L.jpg

IMG_3105-L.jpg

IMG_3111-L.jpg

IMG_3113-L.jpg

We're going to WDW tomorrow just to try this: 

Screenshot2024-02-02at10_35_25AM.jpeg.d59de90f878882393e46669e92b9b11d.jpeg

• Like 7

On 1/30/2024 at 11:46 PM, willdra said:

Oh you got to go on the longer cruise! I wanted to do that one, but our vacay dates didn't allow it. Maybe this year it will work out! 😍

Yes, it was the longer cruise BUT there were a few hiccups.  First, we sat in the same back-up you guys did when entering the port but when our Uber driver dropped us off, no porters to be found.  We were walking around for about 10 minutes until we found them.  They were still carting off luggage from previous cruise.  Panorama was late getting in the morning we boarded (fog), so that probably had something to do with it.  Love the "heart attack hill" - truth!  LOL!!!  The fuel barge was also late so when we were supposed to sail away, Panorama was still getting fuel.  We left @ around 8PM but wow, seeing Long Beach lit up after dark, that beautiful sunset - not a problem for me.  Also, due to the tropical storm that became Hurricane Lidia, they changed the itinerary.  Two sea days at the beginning, La Paz and Mazatlan as scheduled, we missed PV (Hurricane hit in that area, think just south) and went to Cabo instead and had a full day.  We had a bonus half day (morning) in Cabo as well, then a sea day before returning to Long Beach.  We had great weather in ports, rain was ahead of us and it apparently rained in La Paz the day before we were there, then rain in Mazatlan the day before as well. 

I never really payed any attention to our CD's (Jorge Saldano, the comedian, was our CD on Glory in 2010) but we had Deon "Woo Woo" and I tell ya, he was GREAT!  Now I understand how a cruise director can really have an influence on the entire cruise.  He actually did the whole life jacket demonstration at the beginning of the sail away party (normal time in the afternoon when we were originally scheduled to sail out).  We sat on those benches just to the left of where you were for sail away.  We just reported to muster station, checked in, and were on our way to Lido.  I felt the same way about Jorge Saldano.  Saw him twice and both nights were the same.  We sat in back and I dozed off too.  LOL!!!  Do you know if they had Panorama ship ornaments on your cruise?  Didn't have them on ours, checked every day.  Someone did tell us that due to the fog, they didn't get all the shipments in for our cruise. 

I loved the whole cruise, even with the hiccups and was really impressed with Panorama.  The largest ships we've been on prior to that were the Conquest Class (Glory, Valor, & twice on Liberty).  I wasn't sure how I'd feel sailing with almost twice as many people but the layout of Panorama was so nicely done that it never felt crowded.  Hope to cruise again and soon - I missed it!  Our last was 2015 on Liberty out of San Juan.  Had two booked (2020 and 2021) but both were cancelled.  The 2021 was to be out of San Juan on Fascination, but Carnival had to sell her. 

I'm really enjoying your review, just as I have the others I have read.  I need to get caught up, haven't been on CC since shortly after Covid shut everything down.  Thanks for taking the time to do these!

I think you just had bad luck mustering in the Liquid Lounge. On this cruise and in the aft MDR on the New Years cruise it was just the quick do you know this a life vest test. In fact on this cruise we ran up to the lido deck before mustering to save seats for the rest of our group. I left hubby up there to hold the table and took his card with me. With a little persuasion from me he clicked the hubby done too. I pushed the Platinum card which helped, Diamonds shouldn’t have to muster at all, lol! We were in cabin 10285, our first time on Lido deck and we loved it! 

• Haha 1

I'm still on page 1 of your review, but I have to say, you're my kind of people! I can almost hear you talking, while reading your comments. Come sail with us on the Jubilee so I can hang out with you. 😄

We sailed on the Panorama in February 2020, next to last cruise before the pandemic struck. She was brand new and a really  beautiful ship. Took some getting used to since it was our first cruise on Vista Class.

Edited by kew1031
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/1/2024 at 8:51 AM, pirate4me2 said:

Whew, that day at Disney has me TIRED!! Y'all crammed a LOT into one day pre-cruise!

SAME! Just reading all of it was enough for this old girl. 😄

• Haha 1

Seeing another Wildra cruise report just put a smile on my face! Yay. I'm kind of glad I hit it when I did, because I am all caught up and you are taking a break. If you were NOT taking a break I'd be sitting here for another hour not doing things I really should be doing. Like going to the bathroom, refilling my empty champagne glass, figuring out what to eat for dinner. 

I love the creativity of how you write--it astounds me and makes me laugh. I mean out loud (none of that LOL stuff for me here, I'mma spellin' it out, out of Wildra respect). 

Only a very few of my favorites Wildra-isms so far:

I need you to rip those things open like a monkey on a cupcake.

ATL traffic ain’t nobody’s friend. Wet or dry. It makes no promises and it is known to throw a hitch in your giddy up and mollywhop your plans.

Was it M.I.A. like her 4 front teeth? Breakfast should never be this hard. Or angry. Or toothless.

Listen man, we don’t sell used baby hamsters behind the Home Depot. We are better than this.

Laughing! (Out loud.) Thank you for the respite from reality. 🙂

Edited by Greenpea2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 13

Agreed Wildra is such a hoot!! Makes for a very fun and enjoyable read. :classic_biggrin:

Thanks for sharing! I sailed the Panorama just back in September. Didn't experience the same during embarkation, traffic actually wasn't bad. Also, disembarkation was easy, but the traffic and trying to find a Uber after a clusterwhuck of a DISASTER! 

It was a mess.

And I couldn't agree more about the comedian comments and criticisms. Seems to be his MO, find someone in the audience to heckle and bully literally the entire time. Same thing occurred on my sailing. Not my idea of fun, or comedy!

Edited by bg2310

On 2/2/2024 at 8:03 AM, Essiesmom said:

Gotta agree about Lume.  I went 16 years with nothing working until I tried Lume.  EM

Lume has me in a chokehold. I'm still trying to figure out what I did before. Was I musty and didn't know it? Did I smell like I just crawled out of the bins? One thing for sure tho, I smell so fresh and so clean clean now! 😭😂🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/2/2024 at 11:39 AM, Jeafl said:

I'm still chuckling about "Heart attack hill" and your description of the apples in the tart at the steakhouse. 🙂

Although we have sailed enough to be platinum, I NEVER knew that there are drawers under the sofa in the room.  I was so happy to learn this from you!

That extra storage or extra pillows is always so very welcome. 🤗

• Like 1

On 2/2/2024 at 2:04 PM, Tryingtocruise said:

We're going to WDW tomorrow just to try this: 

Screenshot2024-02-02at10_35_25AM.jpeg.d59de90f878882393e46669e92b9b11d.jpeg

Whoa that looks delicious! Please report back and let us know how it was! 😍😍