What NEW small changes would you like to see?

What is a little change would you like Carnival to make that would improve your cruise experience? 

Please note that this is not a thread about restoring "cutbacks".  There are already plenty of other threads about those. This is for new ideas, ideally those that would be easy and relatively inexpensive for Carnival to implement. 

I will start with two of mine:

1. A coffee station on every floor in the morning, perhaps in the elevator lobby. It would take a lot of pressure off of room service and I wouldn't have to wait so long to get my caffeine fix. 

2. For YTD: A clearly marked, dedicated line for everyone who has checked in, received their table number, and is ready to be seated. Everyone else (don't want to use the app, have questions, want to change their table) will have a separate line. 

Looking forward to hearing your ideas! And remember, if your post starts with the words "bring back...", you are in the wrong thread! 

• Like 16

I really like your #2. It's frustrating to be behind those who won't adapt and are holding everyone else up.

For me, mine would be very simple. Simply enforce the check-in times at embarkation. Rather than letting everyone show up and come in when they wanted to, be very strict on the check-in times and only allow those within their check-in window, into the terminal. I know some ports are more lenient than others. 

It would also be nice if Carnival would add the soda fountains on every ship, not just Excel Class ships. It would benefit them in terms of sales because a soda from a fountain is much better than from a warm can. I do love that Royal has the Freestyle machines. Those are great until you get behind somebody who has never used one. 

• Like 3

Regular Television option: With everything going to streaming an option to purchase CBS/NBC/ABC/Fox on your stateroom TV. 

Yes I'm on a cruise, but I miss the days watching Wheel of Furtune while waiting for the wife/kids to get ready for dinner.

Edited by nydney1
spelling
  • Like 8

Only thing I can think of is do away with the sign slip after every drink. Both MSC and NCL do not have sign slips. Oh and maybe a phone self charger in the cabins. On MSC Seashore there was a little marked spot on the desk where you just placed your phone to charge, don't know if it's on all their ships.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, staceyglow said:

. A coffee station on every floor in the morning, perhaps in the elevator lobby. It would take a lot of pressure off of room service and I wouldn't have to wait so long to get my caffeine fix. 

Yes. And while they’re at it, an ice dispenser would be great, albeit a bit noisy.   Or maybe put them in the self laundry rooms.  

• Like 7

I agree @LatinaInTexas an upgraded POS system - tap to pay and no nonrecyclable paper receipts - would be welcome. Upgrade to RFID cards or wristbands like the Princess system.

More power outlets/USB ports in the cabins.

Free wifi (if Hampton Inn can figure it out, why can't Carnival?)

I know we aren't discussing the reversal of cutbacks @staceyglow - but if they brought back breakfast at Ocean Plaza, that would certainly help your coffee problem...I really miss having that buffet at Ocean Plaza.

• Like 7

I would love a drink card - the cheers package is not even break even for us, but give me the option of buying x drinks for a slight discount and I'd do that. 

• Like 15

I agree with the lines in MDR. People stand around and block the entrance. 
For me, I would like to see the bars able and willing to make any drink. On Celebration, I couldn’t get an amaretto sour at Latitudes or Bar 820. Hubby couldn’t get Thirsty frog red very many places. Too many bars that only make what’s on their menu. We really liked sitting at the tables by Latitude bar, there was quiet sometimes, music other times. Just a great place to sit, but you had to go elsewhere for a simple beer or drink. 

2 hours ago, mz-s said:

@LatinaInTexas

I know we aren't discussing the reversal of cutbacks @staceyglow - but if they brought back breakfast at Ocean Plaza, that would certainly help your coffee problem...I really miss having that buffet at Ocean Plaza.

How did I know that you would be the one to break the one rule I had for this thread? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Stop blocking all of the walkways and stairways with photographer's backdrops, light stands, risers, ladders, Etc.  Just let the people who want professional photos on board get them taken in the studio or one of the other venues that isn't being used at that time.   All of that equipment and backdrops could easily be set up in the theater, comedy club, dance club, or any other venue that is available at the time.   

• Like 18

i wish carnival can deliver the vifp gifts and waters to your room like what used to do before back in the day

i am always surprised when i sail on Royal and Norwegian who can place the water, chocolate strawberries,  loyal gift in your room on embarkation day

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Stop blocking all of the walkways and stairways with photographer's backdrops, light stands, risers, ladders, Etc.  Just let the people who want professional photos on board get them taken in the studio or one of the other venues that isn't being used at that time.   All of that equipment and backdrops could easily be set up in the theater, comedy club, dance club, or any other venue that is available at the time.   

Not going to happen.  It makes money.  I can walk around them if it keeps the cruise price from rising faster than they already are.  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, staceyglow said:

How did I know that you would be the one to break the one rule I had for this thread? 

Rules were made to be broken. We are talking Carnival after all. Carry on.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, heath7767 said:

I'd appreciate wristband keys like we get at resorts instead of the regular key on a lanyard! I especially appreciate it when we travel with our kids because they don't lose the wristbands.

Could you add the key to the app on your phone like many of the hotels are doing now?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cruisin*tigger said:

You muster station is already on your boarding pass, so just hand out S&S cards there, forcing everyone to go and avoiding the endless announcements to complete muster.   

Now you've moved the backup that used to happen at check-in in the terminal to the ship.  And it becomes harder to prevent people from going to their cabins before the time they're officially ready.

• Like 1

A mid-range non-alcoholic package. I don't drink a lot of alcohol, but I do like mocktails and my husband likes the nicer coffees. I'd absolutely buy into that. 

Also, the ability to open up my door with the app or something like that. I love that when I stay at certain hotels. 

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Now you've moved the backup that used to happen at check-in in the terminal to the ship.  And it becomes harder to prevent people from going to their cabins before the time they're officially ready.

A better idea IMO would be to make your s&s inoperable until you completed muster. 

• Like 13

24 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

A better idea IMO would be to make your s&s inoperable until you completed muster. 

It does cut off (or at least it did for me once) after buying a drink or two (and it was only like 1:30; I was planning to go to the muster station after that drink and in plenty of time before the deadline).  I guess if they blocked the S&S from even opening cabin doors (if that's possible), that would be the only almost foolproof way to get people to check in at their muster stations.

• Like 1