Thoughts on Boardwalk Balcony Cabins

Looking at going on Harmony of the Seas. The ocean balconies are beyond our budget this time, but Boardwalk ones are in the ballpark. 

Would love opinions on these cabins (views really) and if there's a sweet spot to book or stay away from. Is it too noisy? Is being too close to the Aqua Show a problem?

Any advice is appreciated 😀 

We stayed in 11319 on Harmony and thought it was great. We were not bothered by noise and we enjoyed people watching. The one thing you do need to remember is to keep the curtains closed for privacy when getting changed etc. because if you have the light on the peeps opposite will be able to peep, if you get my drift!

We book Central Park balconies all the time due to the low price. Noise is not a problem and ditto to what FionaMG says about watching your curtains. We have friends from Canada that only book boardwalk balconies that they can view the aqua show from. (Not sure what they do now with the Abyss slides added). I've heard it can be loud but I don't have any first hand experience.

In the CP balconies, you can hear the pool music somewhat during the day but otherwise it's quiet and fun to people watch while enjoying a glass of wine on the balcony. We are booked in a CP balcony once again for our cruise on Oasis in January 2025.

Edited by 2chiefs

I had one when the Oasis first sailed years ago. 

I was near the back of the ship on deck 9 , and had great views ( prior to the slide addition ) .

Good for people watching on the boardwalk , but as others have said keep the curtains closed

at night.

Not very noisy when the door is closed.

We went back to ocean view after that one time booking.

45 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

We book Central Park balconies all the time due to the low price. Noise is not a problem and ditto to what FionaMG says about watching your curtains. We have friends from Canada that only book boardwalk balconies that they can view the aqua show from. (Not sure what they do now with the Abyss slides added). I've heard it can be loud but I don't have any first hand experience.

In the CP balconies, you can hear the pool music somewhat during the day but otherwise it's quiet and fun to people watch while enjoying a glass of wine on the balcony. We are booked in a CP balcony once again for our cruise on Oasis in January 2025.

Our previous experience in Central Park balconies were that they weren’t too noisy. After our cruise a couple of weeks ago on Harmony, we won’t be booking a CP balcony again, sadly. They’ve amped up both the pool music and the concerts in the park so that the rooms actually were rather noisy.  Then there was the group that was yelling and laughing at 3 am the last night, which went on and on. 

The Boardwalk hoisted a family-friendly carnival one afternoon. Looking around, I was glad we didn’t have a Boardwalk balcony. 

Edited by ShipsandDipper

We have done the Boardwalk's on a couple of occasions. Further back will get you better views of the aqua theater and ocean. Farther forward will will be harder to see other than the boardwalk itself. We had no issue with noise. You have to go with what you are comfortable with, financially. If you are like us, you will enjoy regardless.

1 hour ago, Colorado Buffalo said:

Looking at going on Harmony of the Seas. The ocean balconies are beyond our budget this time, but Boardwalk ones are in the ballpark. 

Would love opinions on these cabins (views really) and if there's a sweet spot to book or stay away from. Is it too noisy? Is being too close to the Aqua Show a problem?

FYI, check your deck plans. Boardwalk cabins ending in 229 and 629 on several decks have a double wide balcony. On some Oasis Class ships those balcony's also have a extra table and loungers. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Colorado Buffalo said:

I would say stay about 4-5 cabins from the aft and around the mid deck.  Not too close to boardwalk or too close to top deck.  Yes you will hear noise from aqua show, but you can watch it many times.

I loved the Boardwalk area and did it for Allure and Wonder.   Just know that you will some noise up until 11pm.  but very fun for people watching.   Go for it.

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

FYI, check your deck plans. Boardwalk cabins ending in 229 and 629 on several decks have a double wide balcony. On some Oasis Class ships those balcony's also have a extra table and loungers. 

Those are Central Park balcony cabins.

• Like 2

I did the very end boardwalk balcony on allure and thought the theater was loud. Football season and they shows college football and nfl football and soccer during the day. A few movies. I preferred it to central park because more open and could see out the aft. Cant watch aqua well and sit more than 1 or 2 as its sideways. But enough for me to watch solo. Priced more than central park but less than ocean view for a reason. It's a nice choice easy on the budget but not quiet until later at  night.

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I did the very end boardwalk balcony on allure and thought the theater was loud. Football season and they shows college football and nfl football and soccer during the day. A few movies. I preferred it to central park because more open and could see out the aft. Cant watch aqua well and sit more than 1 or 2 as its sideways. But enough for me to watch solo. Priced more than central park but less than ocean view for a reason. It's a nice choice easy on the budget but not quiet until later at  night.

Sometimes the BW balcony cabin is a higher price than the CP balcony cabin.

Sometimes the CP balcony cabin is a higher price than the BW balcony cabin.

🙂 

Just now, Merion_Mom said:

Sometimes the BW balcony cabin is a higher price than the CP balcony cabin.

Sometimes the CP balcony cabin is a higher price than the BW balcony cabin.

🙂 

Ok yes my TA says lately hes getting boardwalk group rates instead which I prefer. Agree varies. I have a park central on wonder but utopia boardwalk group rate. I hope he gets lots more. I thought central park boring and kept being in the sun during the day. I do whatever he offers. 

My friend just did the 29 last boardwalk cabin and I dont think he would again. Too long a walk to everything for him he said. 2 weeks on harmony. 

We enjoy them for two reasons: 1) we are huge fans of the Aqua Theater shows, and 2) DH is a bit freaked out by open ocean so he seldom uses our ocean view balconies unless we're in port. This way, he can sit facing the Boardwalk and I sit facing the ocean and we're both happy. 😄 We just got off the ship with our favorite Aqua Theater show (Oasis), so we intentionally booked the furthest aft on the bottom deck (8) and enjoyed the show over & over again.

That being said, if you are early-to-bed and light sleepers, it can be loud at night until 11:00. And obviously it's rather a far walk, if mobility is an issue.

49 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

We enjoy them for two reasons: 1) we are huge fans of the Aqua Theater shows, and 2) DH is a bit freaked out by open ocean so he seldom uses our ocean view balconies unless we're in port. This way, he can sit facing the Boardwalk and I sit facing the ocean and we're both happy. 😄 We just got off the ship with our favorite Aqua Theater show (Oasis), so we intentionally booked the furthest aft on the bottom deck (8) and enjoyed the show over & over again.

That being said, if you are early-to-bed and light sleepers, it can be loud at night until 11:00. And obviously it's rather a far walk, if mobility is an issue.

How much does the purple slide impact your view of the aqua theatre on deck 8? 

We enjoyed 12th deck Boardwalk balconies on Oasis. We liked being high up and not too far to one end or the other. Staterooms above and below. We had connecting balconies. Our son and 3 of his little children were in the connecting room to us. 

It was not too noisy. 

If by ourselves, we would choose Central Park or ocean view balcony, but had no issue with Boardwalk. 

Have fun whatever you decide. 

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

How much does the purple slide impact your view of the aqua theatre on deck 8? 

Not at all on deck 8, fortunately 🙂 I'm not sure if it would block the view from further back, but if you're all the way aft it's not a problem at all.

Edited by la_croisiere_s'amuse
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Colorado Buffalo said:

Those are our 1st choice. For the combination of sea views, aqua theater shows and all the activity. No noise when you close the door. 

Here's 10329 on Harmony. It is very clear that you cannot easily enjoy the Aqua show from this final balcony (imagine even the 2nd or 3rd balcony back), and the slide is very much in your way. Also note the solid divider (rock wall) that you cannot see through. Also note that unless you are standing at the railing, you cannot see the show... you cannot sit in your chair to view the show at all

DSC00717.JPG

DSC00718.JPG

DSC00719.JPG

DSC00720.JPG

DSC00724.JPG

Edited by Hoopster95
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sonic2012 said:

There’s a video on YouTube of 8329 and the view if you search for it. I think you just have to stand to see the Aqua show. I won’t know until later this year.

There are hundreds of youtube videos of all oasis Class ships, for various decks of these Boardwalk cabins. And they very clearly show your views from the balcony. Here's one I found in 10 seconds

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

There are hundreds of youtube videos of all oasis Class ships, for various decks of these Boardwalk cabins. And they very clearly show your views from the balcony. Here's one I found in 10 seconds

And here is a short one that I took of 9705 on Oasis

Edited by Scottdalfonso