Oh, for the love of Cookies! Say it ain't so...

6 hours ago, Monica887 said:

I just looked back at my pics but like I said it was at the end of the trip, so I guess I stopped taking pictures of snacks by then! Whatever they were, hopefully they have them again this summer.

I did take photos on the Pearl in December of this year. These were the plain yellow corn tortilla chips. 

I added the cheese plate my husband requests. And the chocolate covered strawberries referenced a few times in this post. 

IMG_0131.jpeg

IMG_0132.jpeg

IMG_0164.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, complawyer said:

after 14 years, and 27 ncl cruises, i'm still  devastated that my burger bun falls apart before im finished.

is that as bad as no hashbrowns or cookies?

Had " normal" buns on the Dawn in December. They didn't disintegrate.

Sweets instead of chocolate covered strawberries.

I can't speak to the availability of cookies or hashbrowns on the ship. But I was on a cruisetour and the hotel did have hashbrowns every morning LOL.

On 2/9/2024 at 9:13 AM, mking8288 said:

Shrinken, petite strawberries with faked chocolate coating ... could smaller cookies be next, no frills & sugarless.  NCL's procurement must be continuously challenged with their bulk purchasing leverage in negotiating prices to keep it low.  

What's next on the chopping block ... just don't touch my smoked salmon in the MDR at breakfast time  😬   Actually, the size of the half toasted bagel and even the bakery items like white/whole wheat toast, buns for the burger, etc. have all gotten smaller lately.  Pennies saved, added together multipled by 50,000 serving units a week ... times X number of ships - sure, add up in substantial savings toward the bottomline for shareholders.  

They are really just looking out for your dietary health 😉 

• Haha 1

On 2/10/2024 at 6:00 AM, MagnoliaBlossom said:

I am truly a Cookie Monster.  Would rather have cookies than most deserts, especially warm fromthe mid afternoon buffet.  But on the Prima last week I was told they no longer do cookies.  It’s no biggy but I remember from our very first NCL cruise years ago, they would set up a table at the entrance to the buffet with four types of cookies. All very good quality then, and still warm. 😋

On our November 2023 cruise on Prima, they were ONLY in the Observation Lounge during Afternoon Snack time. The line was looooooong............Good Cookies..... Nom, Nom, Nom 😋

Hoping they will be on our Alaska Cruise in May on the Jewel 🧐

Making a list for my next NCL cruise

Bring maple syrup  ✔️

Bring  lobster ✔️

Bring mattress ✔️

Bring hashbrowns ✔️

Bring  cookies ✔️

Bring Lipton tea bags ✔️

Edited by david_sobe
  • Haha 11

4 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

Making a list for my next NCL cruise

Bring maple syrup  ✔️

Bring  lobster ✔️

Bring mattress ✔️

Bring hashbrowns ✔️

Bring  cookies ✔️

Bring Lipton tea bags ✔️

Bring American Diner mozzarella sticks

17 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Good observation!  Maybe that's why I like the chocolate covered strawberries.  The strawberry adds a delish freshness. 

And, if you have never tried it, pineapple rings dipped in chocolate are extra delish!  If you are in the Haven, a good butler can get them for you with a day or two's notice.  (They are listed as one of the items you can pre-order under 'Gifts & More' on the app.)

Chocolate dipped pineapple...YES!!!

🤪

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LloydJr said:

Okay, let's get this straight.

Towel animals > hash browns > cookies.  'Nuff said. 🤠

BTW, have you heard about the new towel animal replacement?

Every day, our steward (last month on the Bliss) arranged the bed pillows in a different pattern.

Not quite as entertaining as the animals, but interesting.

5 minutes ago, cruiser2015 said:

BTW, have you heard about the new towel animal replacement?

Every day, our steward (last month on the Bliss) arranged the bed pillows in a different pattern.

Not quite as entertaining as the animals, but interesting.

It made you notice something, just of Prima and ours was done the same way. All slanted right, left, in a v, in a w staggered, a different touch. 

I don’t understand how folks do not have potato chips in there house. Seems un American. My in-laws never have cookies or chips. When they come to my house they devour all the chips and cookies. I don’t get it.

• Haha 2

i had a burger at american diner a couple of weeks ago on the getaway.

bun did not fall apart.

i didn't think the bun was any different than any other bun i've had on any other NCL ship.

i am beginning to think that the repeated reports of disintegrating buns has more to do with the gusto with which the eater approaches his or her burger, the size and moisture level of the "fixin's" piled high (if any) atop said burger and the amount of time it takes to eat that burger.

21 minutes ago, detroitlions said:

I don’t understand how folks do not have potato chips in there house. Seems un American. My in-laws never have cookies or chips. When they come to my house they devour all the chips and cookies. I don’t get it.

We very rarely have potato chips in our home (or cookies). No soda either. Just a lifestyle choice. 

Now Reese's Peanut Butter Cups...different story.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ihate2cruise said:

On our November 2023 cruise on Prima, they were ONLY in the Observation Lounge during Afternoon Snack time. The line was looooooong............Good Cookies..... Nom, Nom, Nom 😋

Hoping they will be on our Alaska Cruise in May on the Jewel 🧐

Not this trip, I had heard they had been there on earlier trips but this sailing was brownie bites and cake

• Like 2

2 hours ago, detroitlions said:

Because I have no self control and would never fit into my cruise clothes. But once I'm on the ship, give me cookies and chips!! And hash browns. And mozzarella sticks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, dexddd said:

I don't think they can get rid of the strawberries unless they come up with replacement to send to room for service miscues.

Cookies!  

oh wait. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, dexddd said:

I don't think they can get rid of the strawberries unless they come up with replacement to send to room for service miscues.

Gotcha ... maybe, M&M's in assorted colors, since they are still using them in Haven ... treats, right ??  bean counters of M&M costs should be happy, unless they are getting rid of those too, haha.

Oops, my bad, giving them funny ideas.  

20 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Gotcha ... maybe, M&M's in assorted colors, since they are still using them in Haven ... treats, right ??  bean counters of M&M costs should be happy, unless they are getting rid of those too, haha.

Oops, my bad, giving them funny ideas.  

i'm pretty sure M&Ms are more expensive than strawberries.

if they are looking to get rid of things, they could just simplify everything and get rid of the bean counters.

Edited by UKstages
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

A recent Haven review stated there were giant and delicious chocolate chip cookies on the Prima.  Y'all are never going to win those Haven upgrade bids again.  Haven completely sold out for those chocolate chip cookies. Yet another reason to book an owners suite.  Some passengers are even munching them during the embarkation process 🍪

But have you had those cookies!

🍪 🍪

Edited by david_sobe
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, IAcruising said:

If I ever get to the Haven, I will simply place a room service request for 80 orders of cookies and have them delivered to the lounge.

Good show!!

Let me know when that's going to happen.   😋