Lobster in Yacht Club

rdmyrick

My wife and I have been cruising in the Haven for the past few years.  One of the perks we like is to have a special order Lobster lunch on our first day.  Will MSC allow for special order lunch or dinner request?

8 minutes ago, rdmyrick said:

My wife and I have been cruising in the Haven for the past few years.  One of the perks we like is to have a special order Lobster lunch on our first day.  Will MSC allow for special order lunch or dinner request?

Not on first day for lunch.

Dinner yes .  But keep in mind that unlike Haven, lobster and prime rib are served once during a week as a rule.

Typically on a week long sailing there is a lobster tail dinner offered in the YC dining room and you can ask the Maitre D up embarkation if that will happen. If not, check if you can get a Tail add-on at Butchers Cut at dinner there one evening. I  don't believe there is a lobster night on the short sailings

We have seen and heard at great length a group of about 8 created lots of drama in Top SailLounge when they were denied a "special lunch/dinner"----separate from that designated lobster night because a whole case of tails would have to be defrosted and they did not want to pay for the whole case.

Edited by Fogfog

4 hours ago, Best Cat Mom said:

OP did not state where they were sailing. If not in the Caribbean, lobster will likely not be on board the ship at all.

It was last month on Seashore one night in YC.

On Seascape in 6 days. Will see if it's served.

53 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

It was last month on Seashore one night in YC.

You had lobster when not sailing in North America? That's surprisingly great!

Edited by Best Cat Mom

On Galanight you get Lobster also in the med in YC Restaurant - one month ago on World Europa.

But if they do it on request.... never asked and never seen it if not listed on menu.

10 hours ago, Best Cat Mom said:

You had lobster when not sailing in North America? That's surprisingly great!

Seashore was North America last month.

Last year on Splendida in the middle east, we did not have it.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2024 at 7:31 AM, Fogfog said:

We have seen and heard at great length a group of about 8 created lots of drama in Top SailLounge when they were denied a "special lunch/dinner"----separate from that designated lobster night because a whole case of tails would have to be defrosted and they did not want to pay for the whole case.

I'm glad I missed that debacle...

• Like 1

Lobster on YC virtuosa on 2022 summer sailing in Europe was the worst lobster tail in my life and I raised the issue with YC at the time. It was barely suitable for stock use grade so something with supplier or shipboard storage must have gone wrong. I am not picky at all but couldn't eat, and my 2 children refused to eat at their first bite. We sailed last year again YC and had lobster in one of the night (think it was gala night) but not great, acceptable but would not pay to have it in the restaurant. It could be different depending on the region but don't have hight expectation! 

40 minutes ago, lovetravel1114 said:

Lobster on YC virtuosa on 2022 summer sailing in Europe was the worst lobster tail in my life and I raised the issue with YC at the time. It was barely suitable for stock use grade so something with supplier or shipboard storage must have gone wrong. I am not picky at all but couldn't eat, and my 2 children refused to eat at their first bite. We sailed last year again YC and had lobster in one of the night (think it was gala night) but not great, acceptable but would not pay to have it in the restaurant. It could be different depending on the region but don't have hight expectation! 

Sailing in the YC on the Mera back in 2022, my first lobster tail was chewy which means it was overcooked. I called our waiter over and he did not hesitate to take it back to the YC kitchen where he said he stood and watched the cook prepare me a new one cooked properly!

I ended up eating 3 of them LOL 😛

Edited by psmarkle
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, psmarkle said:

Sailing on the Mera back in 2022, my first lobster tail was chewy which means it was overcooked. I called our waiter over and he did not hesitate to take it back to the YC kitchen where he said he stood and watched the cook prepare me a new one cooked properly!

I ended up eating 3 of them LOL 😛

Lucky you 3 lobster tails!!!! 🤩  I would have requested to cook again if it was overcooked but unfortunately there was no escape for my lobster. We had 4 tails on our table for each of us that had exactly same status, broken and mushy like powders, which means it was frozen but not properly frozen/stored or defrosted. I addressed it to YC to warn them they might have bad supplier, and they knew about the situation but I guess there was nothing they could do! 

Yes! At Ocean House, I usually order 2 lobster rolls and the salad. Then, I scoop the lobster meat onto the salad and toss the rolls aside. Yum!

On our upcoming April cruise, in another thread, a poster recommended putting the lobster meat on the burger, so I'm going to try that out!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

Just realized this OP posted this Twice and there are two active threads. Maybe mods can merge them?

There's also a thread over on NCL stating that the Haven is limiting lobster to one per person with a $25 charge for each additional.