Well, that didn’t take long (Stockperks)

LawDog61

Like many people here on this forum, I was reluctant to give Stockperks ( a third party vendor I have never heard of) access to my brokerage accounts to show ownership of CCL stocks to receive SHC.   I set up a dedicated account with a brokerage holding only 100 shares of CCL and provided that to Stockperks.   Within a week of setting this up, I received a notification that my PW had appeared in a data leak and I need to change it.  Glad I set it up this way.

BTW, it had been a while since I took a good look at CCL stock.   I bought a little extra (for my regular account) and it is doing nicely.  Ships seem full with lots of spending so hopefully they are overcoming the huge debt cliff incurred in the COVID years.

• Like 2

You do not have to give them access.  You can just submit a copy of the applicable page of your statement with account information blacked out. Similar to the proof provided in the past.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, TRLD said:

You do not have to give them access.  You can just submit a copy of the applicable page of your statement with account information blacked out. Similar to the proof provided in the past.

This. You simply don't need to give them account access. I can't see why anybody would do that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TRLD said:

I tried this and it was rejected by Princess.  I emailed them and they informed me that this is the only way to get the share holder obc benefit.  They are NO LONGER taking a redacted copy of your brokerage statement

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

I tried this and it was rejected by Princess.  I emailed them and they informed me that this is the only way to get the share holder obc benefit.  They are NO LONGER taking a redacted copy of your brokerage statement

You do not send it to Princess, you submit it on the stockperks app. You do not need to give them account access. Just submit the redacted copy using the stock perks app.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

Did you email the redacted copy to Princess? My understanding is that this no longer works, even though it's been hit and miss. I went through the Stockperks app for our next cruise. The credit was applied quickly, and at no time did I ever give Stockperks access to my brokerage account. I uploaded the redacted copy in the app, and that was that. I also understand that there's a Stockperks email address for sending these to if a person doesn't have a cellphone. Don't know what that was, but it's around here somewhere.

• Like 3

I am confused about this whole thing.  I have the app but I don't want to give them account access.  So, how do I send only a copy with pertinent info blacked out?  Do I take a picture and upload it and send it to Stock Perks by email?  I don't see any place to do just that on the app.

1 hour ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

Submit your redacted copy (print to PDF) to StockPerks via the app, they check the details and confirm (or reject) you have met the requirements of the stockholder scheme. Worked for me, took approx 72 hours from start to finish. Once you have confirmation you can then apply for the OBC through the StockPerks app. Personally, don't know why Princess have outsourced this to a third party as there are now more steps required, but there you go.

This will be my first time submitting something to Stock Perks.  Can someone tell me where do I find the app, what is the exact name (so I don't download the wrong thing).  Thank you in advance.

I contacted my brokerage and asked for a letter stating that I own 100 shares of CCL. It was emailed to me in less than 24 hours (at no cost). I forwarded the email to hello@stockperks.com along with my cruise info. At first they balked, but eventually agreed to process it.

It was accepted, and I received my $250 in OBC in about a week.

A web version is in the works.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, Teechur said:

I contacted my brokerage and asked for a letter stating that I own 100 shares of CCL. It was emailed to me in less than 24 hours (at no cost). I forwarded the email to hello@stockperks.com along with my cruise info. At first they balked, but eventually agreed to process it.

It was accepted, and I received my $250 in OBC in about a week.

A web version is in the works.

Im gonna try this too.  I don't like the fact that I have to give them my brokerage info to verify my ownership through an App

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

This is mis-information. I used email and took an extra day. 

use this email address

SBPCL@Princesscruises.com

7 hours ago, metairiegal said:

I am confused about this whole thing.  I have the app but I don't want to give them account access.  So, how do I send only a copy with pertinent info blacked out?  Do I take a picture and upload it and send it to Stock Perks by email?  I don't see any place to do just that on the app.

Print out the page of your current statement with the Princess stock info on it. Use a Sharpie and black out everything on the page except the line with the  Princess stock info and your name and address (if it’s on there). Take a photo of that page with your phone. Open the app, create an account (you do not have to put your address, phone number or income - just skip that part) and go to Carnival Corp. Go down to Princess and click the Validate Your Portfolio button. Follow the steps and it will ask you to submit your claim. If you select Fidelity (even if you don’t use Fidelity) when you are able to upload, it will allow you to upload the photo you took of your statement.

Apologies if I missed a step. I did this last week and it doesn’t let me exactly recreate it from the start. But that’s the gist.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, metairiegal said:

There is a function on the app to upload a picture or scan. If I recall correctly you click on the green box, you will then be given the option to upload, once proof is accepted you have to go back in and the green box will have changed to redeem perk. You then click on that and enter the sailing information.

11 hours ago, GK95 said:

Print out the page of your current statement with the Princess stock info on it. Use a Sharpie and black out everything on the page except the line with the  Princess stock info and your name and address (if it’s on there). Take a photo of that page with your phone. Open the app, create an account (you do not have to put your address, phone number or income - just skip that part) and go to Carnival Corp. Go down to Princess and click the Validate Your Portfolio button. Follow the steps and it will ask you to submit your claim. If you select Fidelity (even if you don’t use Fidelity) when you are able to upload, it will allow you to upload the photo you took of your statement.

Apologies if I missed a step. I did this last week and it doesn’t let me exactly recreate it from the start. But that’s the gist.

You can select your actual broker if it is listed. I think they use that info to validate the statement format.

1 hour ago, TRLD said:

You can select your actual broker if it is listed. I think they use that info to validate the statement format.

Yes but from what I’ve heard, most brokers are under the validation tool where you need to enter your brokerage login and password. Some aren’t comfortable doing that. Fidelity is listed separately so the trick is to pick Fidelity and then upload the image so you don’t have to provide you login info. 

Caveat: my broker is Fidelity so I can so for certain this approach works or not if you don’t have Fidelity. But it was a fairly simple process to upload the image and it took less than a week to get the OBC in my Princess account.  

Edited by GK95
Typo
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, BamaVol said:

I can’t find any reports on a Stockperks data breach. Where’s your stock account?

I opened my ccl dedicated broakerage account with Fidelity, because as far as I could see, that was the one which Stockperks accepted an uploaded ( and redacted ) photo of account,   The notice of PW leak came to me as a message with a list of my compromised passwords.  It was not fro m Stockperks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GK95 said:

Yes but from what I’ve heard, most brokers are under the validation tool where you need to enter your brokerage login and password. Some aren’t comfortable doing that. Fidelity is listed separately so the trick is to pick Fidelity and then upload the image so you don’t have to provide you login info. 

Caveat: my broker is Fidelity so I can so for certain this approach works or not if you don’t have Fidelity. But it was a fairly simple process to upload the image and it took less than a week to get the OBC in my Princess account.  

Yes, Fidelity worked great for this.   When I was looking using my Schwab account, a pop up screen called “plad” wanted my log in credentials for Schwab.  No thanks.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GK95 said:

Works just fine with Schwab to just upload a copy of the statement page.

On 2/23/2024 at 1:33 PM, metairiegal said:

This is likely a point of confusion for many. In the app, when I was presented with the screen to login or create my account with Plaid (the service the app uses to verify US brokerage holdings), I was able to close that window (via an X in the top right corner). I was then prompted to manually uploaded my proof of ownership. Since I already had my redacted pages ready, I uploaded them directly. I've read that others took pictures for that step.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, riffatsea said:

I do not want yet another app!!

I thought there was an email to stockperks that we could use!

On 2/23/2024 at 6:34 PM, cruzsnooze said:

This is mis-information. I used email and took an extra day. 

use this email address

SBPCL@Princesscruises.com

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1