Maleth confirms end of P&O partnership

minsterman

12 hours ago, cheshire said:

A bit naughty by Maleth.  Rather than show a delay they have “rescheduled” the flight so that those looking can’t see any issue. Should have left at 10:30 at least Eu261 should pay €600 each!! 

Assume the return flight similarly delayed and so another plane load to compensate at €600 pp. Doesn’t seem a sensible way to run an airline. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

Assume the return flight similarly delayed and so another plane load to compensate at €600 pp. Doesn’t seem a sensible way to run an airline. 

No airline plans to operate this way but last winter TUI had no end of problems themselves.  Tui actually have two aircraft with issues at present and are sub contracting to Norse on their Singapore service.  Tui had a three hour delay out of Manchester and downgraded passengers from premium to economy.  Maleth issues seem to be that given the size and limited scope of their operation when they have an issue they don't have the back up crews to step in as Tui and others do.  

• Like 2

On 9/19/2023 at 1:23 PM, Megabear2 said:

Try this email address. At least two others have raised points via it in the past few weeks  and had fairly prompt replies/answers.

Didn't they also get banned for life from P&O as well?

Edited by ace2542

12 minutes ago, IAASA345 said:

Have to say it serves them right.   Any aircraft can be hit by violent turbulence.  It happened on one of our aircraft.  One of the stewardesses hit the ceiling and was injured.   If you take to social media like he did, you deserve all you get.

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Have to say it serves them right.   Any aircraft can be hit by violent turbulence.  It happened on one of our aircraft.  One of the stewardesses hit the ceiling and was injured.   If you take to social media like he did, you deserve all you get.

Sorry he says "It was just the flights we had an issue with, but they're just not listening, they aren't taking anything on board," Steve continued. "I did say to them can we at least get P&O to admit they’ve made a grave error in signing up with Maleth? 

They did apologise over things but they don't need to apologise for using Maleth when it was the only carrier they could get. Pretty sure they are listening to people and not planning to renew the contract. Shame on him I would say. Made it worse for himself.... 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

I imagine, as in all things in the newspapers, we will only know part of the story. Pretty drastic action for some reason ...

Possibly more to it than we will ever know. Actions have consequences.

• Like 2

The Maleth fiasco is certainly pulling down the P&O rating on Trustpilot and other review sites, it must be costing Maleth a fortune in flight compensation payments as P&O refer customers to Maleth to claim, whether customers are receiving compensation is not known.

There was a response from P&O to say that TUI will be providing flights next year, but isn’t that what they said for this year. 

The review of Maleth from an employee point of view, yes these could be just disgruntled employees, is isn’t good either frequently stating business is disorganised, a shambles, chaotic,and worryingly if true flight hours for crew have been exceeded. 

40 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Frequent P&O customer eh? Atlantic tier, 500 points and £10,000 spent? Don't think so! 

A guy i know is dropping 12 for him and his wife flight and cruise barbados to home I think they have a suite though.

3 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

The Maleth fiasco is certainly pulling down the P&O rating on Trustpilot and other review sites, it must be costing Maleth a fortune in flight compensation payments as P&O refer customers to Maleth to claim, whether customers are receiving compensation is not known.

There was a response from P&O to say that TUI will be providing flights next year, but isn’t that what they said for this year. 

The review of Maleth from an employee point of view, yes these could be just disgruntled employees, is isn’t good either frequently stating business is disorganised, a shambles, chaotic,and worryingly if true flight hours for crew have been exceeded. 

We booked for next year on the ship last week and the person selling us the cruise was able to look up the flights and confirmed that the flight would be with TUI as this year. I asked for specific details re the flight and wouldn't expect them to give such specific details if it wasn't going to be the case ... or am i being naïve? 

3 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Trust pilot is not the site I would use to get a balanced view

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

We booked for next year on the ship last week and the person selling us the cruise was able to look up the flights and confirmed that the flight would be with TUI as this year. I asked for specific details re the flight and wouldn't expect them to give such specific details if it wasn't going to be the case ... or am i being naïve? 

Not naive, but circumstances can change of course.

4 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Regarding flight hours it could be they are just going into discretionary which is 2 hours this may be different airline to airline. Perfectly legal to do this. With the airline being checked by authorities this would most likely invalidate any license they have if they were doing this.

1 hour ago, Bazrat said:

Trust pilot is not the site I would use to get a balanced view

I use Facebook; reviews on there are always impartial and balanced.......... aren't they?🙄

• Haha 7

I think it’s the Antigua flights from October which are still waiting to hear about the airline- although they’ve been told by P&O it will be TUI or Virgin. We have friends flying out from Manchester for a week then staying on to Southampton. If the flights were confirmed we might consider joining them so long as we could get premium seats

21 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

I wonder why they recommend Feefo? 

Presume like any other company. TrustPilot you can just write reviews without a reservation number etc. Feefo you actually need a link to write the review. So TrustPilot I would say is more fake in hindsight just look at the reviews for Feefo on it....

27 minutes ago, scarlet ohara said:

I think it’s the Antigua flights from October which are still waiting to hear about the airline- although they’ve been told by P&O it will be TUI or Virgin. We have friends flying out from Manchester for a week then staying on to Southampton. If the flights were confirmed we might consider joining them so long as we could get premium seats

Even if you do get a flight with premium seats you are not guaranteed to get if the aircraft changes for any reason. 

52 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

Even if you do get a flight with premium seats you are not guaranteed to get if the aircraft changes for any reason. 

While you are of course correct should that be the case? Should it be acceptable?  In what other aspect of life other than travel would anyone be forced with no choice to accept such changes after booking and paying.

Seat in the circle for a show replaced by the Gods or stalls?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TigerB said:

I use Facebook; reviews on there are always impartial and balanced.......... aren't they?🙄

Obviously if you believe that who am I to argue, but saying that if you join a specific group who are actually going somewhere you will find useful information.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, carlanthony24 said:

Presume like any other company. TrustPilot you can just write reviews without a reservation number etc. Feefo you actually need a link to write the review. So TrustPilot I would say is more fake in hindsight just look at the reviews for Feefo on it....

That's my view after reading some of the comments 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TigerB said:

20 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

Obviously if you believe that who am I to argue, but saying that if you join a specific group who are actually going somewhere you will find useful information.

The rolling eyes emoji and the laughing emoji in the reactions from @terrierjohn, @SeaJane, and @Angel57 clearly went over your head then!🙄

• Haha 4