The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday March 6th, 2024

kazu

10 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Mine has 2 meanings, Red or King.  I prefer King.

Elliott Rose is a beauty now.

Roy

Thanks Roy!  I agree and of course my niece (Nonna) is one of her biggest fans.  She's always happy to share photos of Ellie. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, dfish said:

Good for you! 

The thumb is doing ok.  The whole hand got twisted and is bruised and a bit sore at times.  But, as we said before, as long as I can pick up my coffee mug and wine glass, I'm good to go. I have been icing it, but that only works for a while.  Thanks for the picture of Elliot Rose and I will keep the twins in my thoughts for a safe delivery.

@Seasick Sailor Joy, I hope Allen's pinched nerve resolves quickly.  

@JazzyV Your cross stitch project is beautiful.  Do, continue to work on it.

@marshhawk Hoping all went well with the dermatologist.

@Sharon in AZ I bet the house is going to look amazing!   We are still so thrilled with our paint job. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Lenda, the story about the mirror reminds me of my dad.  He had so many parts of his car attached with duct tape it was unreal.  One of the mirrors, a fender, a light, etc.

My name is Hebrew and means Bee.  Of course I am deathly afraid of them.  Not allergic, just afraid.  

Debbie, I sprained/strained or something or other’ed my thumb and the base of the thumb, and this healed it.  What a bargain.   

https://www.amazon.com/Mueller-Medicine-Reversible-Stabilizer-Measure/dp/B004YIFA2C/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=3FNK7U6MFD3UE&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.STMN18NNZR_dnNfkgj6E8VNM58zeiyvkvNN0f5LPVoLLwvpKHNc2bmqcWcTyzuDKZdCbgIa1ErFbkiWzke-nVhXRfzYY65ST6Jc3xZP3EdN8LA-n1JSY89SatedKawmGr7NnBb-q9gnBpJOhvwbNvD4nFqh-K75i9iVvHt7JzRvCmt8d_kMWc8tAUP6ERCtNVyp7rdE78YixGh99mOpvVlOOJNqmx8cWuvuRaxLTfi6EePZhnWUEBcd31Q4YX3JElHhLbvTfilwYLNfn3XKDf-wd_ofRQHxjQLsu9r9_z6Y.XUfc5VtoUWIMffiRbWr8xu7QNh8bIA6QZIXXqyo_lg0&dib_tag=se&keywords=mueller%2Bthumb%2Bstabilizer&qid=1709780507&sprefix=Mueller%2Bthumb%2B%2Caps%2C143&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&th=1&psc=1

(That looks like the longest link in history.  I hope it works.)

• Like 6

Good morning. For us it’s Thursday at 7:30 AM and just waking up, currently at sea and sailing for a late arrival and overnight in Cairns, Australia. Yesterday was Airlee Beach where we spent most of the day sailing around on a large catamaran amongst the many islands.

At 11:00 AM all of us on the full World Voyage(195) will finally be briefed on our options and itinerary changes regarding the Red Sea passage that most likely will not happen. So we will just wait and hear the options. 
Time for coffee. Some pics from yesterday and thank you for reports and post. Not easy keeping up to date on Daily with these time differences and schedules. Bruce

Aha the lost morning post has shown up. As an update we are electing to stay on the World Voyage as we sail 34 sea days round Africa with only five short refuel/resupply days along the way. So folks had the option of staying onboard or ending cruise in Dubai. So there could be less then a hundred guest onboard. It is what it is.

image.thumb.jpeg.7866b48329eaa545dc850939fd66253e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e821b3b1da9b05cbcc7712c91de0556d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b2837445d94ae87d2e5f784ece6ef3e5.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.707e0c38d81eb23b5ca7787a584f5419.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.69e3911d65adca271caad69341561a08.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6c03ec851c248ba5e2cb5a810abab7e5.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Good evening all. I never did say what my name means. It’s Hebrew for plain, not plain as in “she looks plain” but as in an area of land such as the “Plain of Sharon”. I’m not sure I like being compared to a landscape so I’ll go with the alternative which is Princess. 

5 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Crummy day. After (Nephrology) bloodwork, we sat at urgent care. Sweet husband has a pinched nerve right at the base of his neck. Started yesterday when he woke up. Today is miserable for him. Doctor gave us prescriptions but knowing Allen he won't take the muscle relaxers. Going to our primary on Friday to follow up. Please think of him tonight. Xx

Joy, prayers for Allen. Hopefully he will take a muscle relaxer and it’ll be better tomorrow. 

5 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

I l❤️ve your post and think I would absolutely enjoy that tour. You did it on my birthday 🎂 🤪 

Here are the ones I saw at the Farmers Market in Hilo.

20231231_072027.thumb.jpg.be242c2ec3fec466da905870c2790b81.jpg

It really was fun and one of the best we had the entire cruise. Be prepared to get in and out of the van multiple times but it’s well worth it. 

4 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Carrot cake is iced and cut into 24 pieces.  Two are plated and ready for supper, the rest are separated on a cookie sheet in the freezer for an hour.  When they are hard I’ll wrap them for storing in the freezer.  Should keep us going for a while.  I licked the beaters from the icing.  

I would lick the beaters too, and probably the cake batter even though you aren’t supposed to. 

5 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Hi all, I've been working on my you-know-what project all day.  Wanted to report we got very little rain after the early morning shower.  Total since it began raining yesterday is 2.75 inches!  Enough!

I texted with my niece Lisa and she sent me some photos of her DGD Elliott Rose.  She is now exactly 17 months old and her Nonna says she's perfect.  Here's a new photo of her.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

and another with her golden retriever bro Ernie.❤️

But the biggest news is now allowed to be revealed.  Elliott Rose will hopefully be a big sister in July.  Her parents are expecting another set of twins!  Prayers please that these twins decide to stay put until July and this lovely family doesn't have to suffer another loss like the first set of twins in June 2021.  🙏🙏

Elliot Rose is adorable!  Prayers for the twins. Please keep us posted. 

3 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Finally looked up the meaning of my name, both my first name, which I don't use, and my middle name, which is what I use.

Both are Hebrew.

First name means "God is good."

Middle name means "God's promise " or "God is my oath."

I think we should all know what our names mean and how we came to have them. Now my "name knowledge" is complete 😉

I love my first and middle name but really don’t know what my middle name means. I’ll have to check it out. 

3 hours ago, kazu said:

A tad behind, I had the name tag factory up and running for my Volendam cruise next month.

I was too sore to do much else but I did take Ivan for an abbreviated walk as painful as it was.

Best wishes for your appointment, Annie.

So hoping all goes well for your DSIL. My prayers continue for her 🙏 

I completely understand that.  We went through the same thing when we replaced the siding and windows and then the retaining wall

Pat yourself on the back - you are doing great 👍 

It sounds lovely.  I hope you will give us a pic when it is done

Aww - thanks so much, Jack.  I hope Sam is like Juno. 🙏 

It’s such a hard time when you go through this.  It’s all out of love and care for our fur babies (it doesn’t matter how big they are - they are all our responsibility).

My heart is with you both ♥️ 

She’s a sweetie. I think Nonna  is right 😉 

How exciting!  My prayers that the twins do stay put and their mother can have an easy as pregnancy as possible. 

I am so sorry to hear this, Joy.  I pray that Allen will follow the doctor’s orders (or yours)   He and you are in my prayers 🙏 

Thank you Jacqui. I’ll post a before and after. 

2 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Just found out that my post earlier today did not post. We will be arriving in Caines, Australia this afternoon and we will overnight here and sail tomorrow for New Guinea.

Today we found out our fate regarding Red Sea passage. We have some options. End cruise in Dubai with compensation. Stay onboard and reposition via Africa which we will have  34 sea days with five stops along the way. Where we would pick up on our regular schedule in Venice.

Headed to a meeting to hear more. Decisions?

Bruce

I vote for the 34 sea days!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, dfish said:

Thanks, Maxine!   How long did it take to heal the thumb?  

Big improvement in about a week.  All better in a couple of weeks.  I’d been using one of those supports for carpal tunnel because it was around the house and that didn’t help at all.  The area had been sore for a really long time.  Oddly, it was just from repeatedly using a spray nozzle to water that kinda crushed that thumb area.  

Your problem might be totally different, but this really does help that area.  Can’t hurt.

• Like 10

My first name means "pure" and my second means "lake". In this day I don't always want to say my first name as it's gotten quite a negative connotation. 

Karen

• Like 8

9 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Hi all, I've been working on my you-know-what project all day.  Wanted to report we got very little rain after the early morning shower.  Total since it began raining yesterday is 2.75 inches!  Enough!

I texted with my niece Lisa and she sent me some photos of her DGD Elliott Rose.  She is now exactly 17 months old and her Nonna says she's perfect.  Here's a new photo of her.

and another with her golden retriever bro Ernie.❤️

But the biggest news is now allowed to be revealed.  Elliott Rose will hopefully be a big sister in July.  Her parents are expecting another set of twins!  Prayers please that these twins decide to stay put until July and this lovely family doesn't have to suffer another loss like the first set of twins in June 2021.  🙏🙏

Elliot Rose is lovely and perfect Sandi.

Prayers 🙏 that these twins arrive safely in July and look like Elliot Rose.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Crummy day. After (Nephrology) bloodwork, we sat at urgent care. Sweet husband has a pinched nerve right at the base of his neck. Started yesterday when he woke up. Today is miserable for him. Doctor gave us prescriptions but knowing Allen he won't take the muscle relaxers. Going to our primary on Friday to follow up. Please think of him tonight. Xx

Sending best wishes for Allen to be well Joy.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I finally looked up the meaning of my name. 

Pennie is a variant of the name Penny and a diminutive of the Greek name Penelope. A girl's name, Pennie means “weaver,” “web,” or “thread.” It can also be interpreted to mean “silent worker.” Pennie can inspire baby to have a diligent spirit and leave a shine wherever they go😁

Edited by Nickelpenny
Add
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

Big improvement in about a week.  All better in a couple of weeks.  I’d been using one of those supports for carpal tunnel because it was around the house and that didn’t help at all.  The area had been sore for a really long time.  Oddly, it was just from repeatedly using a spray nozzle to water that kinda crushed that thumb area.  

Your problem might be totally different, but this really does help that area.  Can’t hurt.

My injury occurred when my thumb got caught and squeezed.  The glove I was wearing got caught in the snake coil and got wrapped very tightly around my thumb.  We had to cut the glove off.  It is getting better slowly.  I see a big improvement today.

• Like 8