can non diamond guests join at c&a events

4 hours ago, cruisinfanatic said:

Royal does't have your address

Of course they have your address. Every time you book a cruise you provide your address to RCI. When calling RCI, at least from my experience, they usually ask for my birthdate and address to verify who I am. 

• Like 2

I have to laugh sometimes reading these posts commenting about this loyalty perk or that.  I'm going on a 13 day Sydney to Tahiti cruise on NCL in 8 days and this unfortunately is only our 2nd cruise with NCL so we are in an inside with no loyalty perks. We do have the drink package, but oh how I would love the priority tender and the laundry!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

I have to laugh sometimes reading these posts commenting about this loyalty perk or that.  I'm going on a 13 day Sydney to Tahiti cruise on NCL in 8 days and this unfortunately is only our 2nd cruise with NCL so we are in an inside with no loyalty perks. We do have the drink package, but oh how I would love the priority tender and the laundry!

Clean clothes are so over rated!

🤣

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Of course they have your address. Every time you book a cruise you provide your address to RCI. When calling RCI, at least from my experience, they usually ask for my birthdate and address to verify who I am. 

I've never had to provide a clients address to book a cruise.  It's not required to put in a state of residents either.  It does ask for a zip code with the credit card payment but you are able to put in Canadian postal codes or similar codes from other countries

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Thanks for that update.  Totally agree that with their included 2 perks their loyalty program really does not have a lot of benefits

I don’t know, but we are Elite+ on Celebrity and we sort of like the two bags of free laundry, and 240 minutes of internet, per cruise, is nice.

Hi,

One thing I know used to happen, and not sure if it still does, is RCI would invite C&A members to a special event where drinks would be given out. They would leave an invite card in your stateroom to be taken to this event. However, I know some people used to give these cards to their family/friends who sailed with them in order to gain entry. Then if they themselves wanted to enter, they would just show their sea pass cards to staff.

Maybe everyone entering an event should be made to swipe their sea pass card into a reader at the entrance and witnessed by staff as they do so. Can't be that hard to set up and implement if RCI wanted to save money on giving perks to people who have not earned them. Ouch!

Mick.

4 minutes ago, Mick B said:

Hi,

One thing I know used to happen, and not sure if it still does, is RCI would invite C&A members to a special event where drinks would be given out. They would leave an invite card in your stateroom to be taken to this event. However, I know some people used to give these cards to their family/friends who sailed with them in order to gain entry. Then if they themselves wanted to enter, they would just show their sea pass cards to staff.

Maybe everyone entering an event should be made to swipe their sea pass card into a reader at the entrance and witnessed by staff as they do so. Can't be that hard to set up and implement if RCI wanted to save money on giving perks to people who have not earned them. Ouch!

Mick.

The only free drinks at the top tier event now are glasses of "sparkling wine", with and without orange juice.   No one cares who goes to the top tier event.  Many who are eligible do not attend.   There is plenty of space.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, cruisinfanatic said:

Royal does't have your address

Have no idea now but at one time same address was a requirement to add your Spouse or Partner. But this was like maybe 15yrs ago.

Edited by ONECRUISER

My husband and I are Diamond because of our status on Celebrity. We are taking our 13 year old grandchild on Harmony. Will she be allowed to do the backstage tour with me even though she doesn’t have status?

1 hour ago, J80crew said:

My husband and I are Diamond because of our status on Celebrity. We are taking our 13 year old grandchild on Harmony. Will she be allowed to do the backstage tour with me even though she doesn’t have status?

Technically, no.  In reality, probably.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Technically, no.  In reality, probably.

@Another_Critic,

Got to agree with you, absolutely no, maybe a yes, probably, is it a full moon?

So this is another Royal policy, are they going to enforce it?

If I was a gambling man, the house makes the rules and I would probably lose.

🤣

With all the cutbacks that are going on...I would not gamble on trying to get non qualified pax into C&A events.  It's only fair anyway.  And it is uncomfortable to the crew members when they are asked to do something that is not right.  

• Like 2

On Wonder a couple weeks ago.  We were late for the top tier event (time mismatch between the app and the printed card) so they didn't check our cards when we walked in.  I was surprised as well that they didn't check our sea pass for the Backstage tour (really neat by the way).   We are Diamond so we were joining honestly but I guess others could have joined too even though it stated Diamond and above..

On 3/21/2024 at 3:53 AM, Merion_Mom said:

The only free drinks at the top tier event now are glasses of "sparkling wine", with and without orange juice.   No one cares who goes to the top tier event.  Many who are eligible do not attend.   There is plenty of space.

When is the last time you were on a cruise? I have been on 4 cruises in the last 7 weeks. They have had a lot more drinks available than sparkling wine at the top tier events. 

Yumms...the wonderful freebie "drinks" they pass out at the top tier.   😜

We stop by one of the few bars open that early, pick up a bloody mary with our vouchers and walk into the event.  

Some years ago, they used to pass out much better drinks, including good Bloody Marys at the earlier top tier events.  No longer.  Probably because anyone can just walk into these events now.  Get what you pay for.  😉 

17 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

When is the last time you were on a cruise? I have been on 4 cruises in the last 7 weeks. They have had a lot more drinks available than sparkling wine at the top tier events. 

Yumms!  😉 

5 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Hmmmm.............let's see.  I'm on a cruise right now.  I have been on since the beginning of the year.  Does that satisfy your curiosity?

• Haha 2

Thanks for all your replies. If I bought an all-access tour for my granddaughter, would she be able to use that to join me in the C&A backstage tour?  She won’t be interested in the other parts of all-access, but since she’s a musical junkie, would likely consider backstage the highlight of the cruise. 

3 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I asked before but no one answered.  Are they back to doing the actual backstage tour or are they still just doing the talk with the entertainment staff?

In Wonder 2 weeks ago. They took us backstage to see where they wait before going on stage, and walked by the actors' dressing rooms. Pretty cool!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LuCruise said:

In Wonder 2 weeks ago. They took us backstage to see where they wait before going on stage, and walked by the actors' dressing rooms. Pretty cool!

I was on a Celebrity cruise many moons ago and we rode the stage lift.  🙂

9 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I was on a Celebrity cruise many moons ago and we rode the stage lift.  🙂

Wow. That must have been a neat experience.