can non diamond guests join at c&a events

Specifically, my friend is joining me in the cabin on Wonder of the Seas. Can she join me for the backstage tour and the top tier event? Anyone have experience with this?

Posted (edited)

In order to share benefits, you would need to be linked together via Crown and Anchor on the booking as a spouse or partner sharing the same address.  But otherwise the answer is no, unless on their own as correctly pointed out by @BND.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's my understanding that a non-Diamond member traveling with a spouse or significant other who is a Diamond member can the same benefits such as , for example, EACH getting four drinks per day.  You just have telephone RCCL to arrange for it in advance so it's included in the non-member's sea pass.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, nicknack said:

It's my understanding that a non-Diamond member traveling with a spouse or significant other who is a Diamond member can the same benefits....

They must also share the same address on the booking.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, nicknack said:

It's my understanding that a non-Diamond member traveling with a spouse or significant other who is a Diamond member can the same benefits such as , for example, EACH getting four drinks per day.  You just have telephone RCCL to arrange for it in advance so it's included in the non-member's sea pass.

OP said "friend" which I took to mean just that, a friend.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

In reality if you appear to be a couple for the purposes of the backstage tour or the top tier event then it's unlikely (but possible) she will be stopped.

For other CAS perks that may not be the case.  

Back when they offered bridge tours security had a named list of participants they would check. Showing up with an extra guest who was not on this list wouldn't work.  

As noted above she is not supposed to receive such benefits but for some events it might work out.  

23 minutes ago, cruisinfanatic said:

Royal does't have your address

So you are going to sign up some random friend I travel with as my significant other? Cant be just a friend, you would have to claim they are your significant other.

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, cruisinfanatic said:

Royal does't have your address

RCCL doesn't care about common addresses on a booking, but Crown and Anchor does for benefits.  Each would have to set up their own C & A account (in this case just the friend) and their accounts linked as significant others by a common address, as mentioned in my first response.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, nicknack said:

That is Celebrity and not Royal where the cabin mate shares the benefits

• Like 3

I had a client recently link their significant other and they had to provide proof of living at the same address...joint bill, name on lease etc.  Looks like they are starting to check and enforce this since it seemed to be taken advantage of

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, jilluh said:

Specifically, my friend is joining me in the cabin on Wonder of the Seas. Can she join me for the backstage tour and the top tier event? Anyone have experience with this?

1 hour ago, twangster said:

In reality if you appear to be a couple for the purposes of the backstage tour

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Just brought her to the backstage tour. 

52 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Not sure about the backstage event 

Did they bring the backstage tour back, or are you referring to the talk with the entertainment staff?

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That is Celebrity and not Royal where the cabin mate shares the benefits

Apparently Celebrity doesn’t do this anymore. I’m taking a Celebrity cruise for the first time in a number of years with a friend as my husband has passed away. I am elite with them by virtue of my diamond status here. They are quite clear that she cannot join me for any events. Actually, their perks are pretty pathetic compared to Royal’s. We have a drink package and WiFi with our group and I seriously don’t see any elite perks that I would use. 

35 minutes ago, gerif said:

Apparently Celebrity doesn’t do this anymore. I’m taking a Celebrity cruise for the first time in a number of years with a friend as my husband has passed away. I am elite with them by virtue of my diamond status here. They are quite clear that she cannot join me for any events. Actually, their perks are pretty pathetic compared to Royal’s. We have a drink package and WiFi with our group and I seriously don’t see any elite perks that I would use. 

Thanks for that update.  Totally agree that with their included 2 perks their loyalty program really does not have a lot of benefits

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jilluh said:

The answer is no if your friend does not share the same address as you.  And you would have call/email or visit the LA to link your C&A status if it is the same address.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Just brought her to the backstage tour.  No other perks were used!  Maybe a soda as part of my fivefree drinks😁

And I'm sure no one checked or cared.  It's a small tour.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gerif said:

The laundry!

• Like 1