Missing the birds

Clay Clayton

Is it just me (or maybe it’s only happening on Sky) but is anyone else missing the chirping birds (or ocean sounds) in the public restrooms onboard?  Sky now has several different sounds-one set might be whales, but there is another that sounds like rutting boar!😳

There is another than sounds like it might be some tribal sounds-but it’s mostly children it seems so a bit disturbing at best. 

• Haha 5

17 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Is it just me (or maybe it’s only happening on Sky) but is anyone else missing the chirping birds (or ocean sounds) in the public restrooms onboard?  Sky now has several different sounds-one set might be whales, but there is another that sounds like rutting boar!😳

There is another than sounds like it might be some tribal sounds-but it’s mostly children it seems so a bit disturbing at best. 

I have heard what I would call a "snorting" boar which to me was a very suspect sound in the public facilities.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

no bird sounds?!? 😞

1 hour ago, Clay Clayton said:

We had “birds” on Saturn when we disembarked in Istanbul two weeks ago.  Maybe Sky’s birds migrated south for the winter?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Frenchberet said:

We had “birds” on Saturn when we disembarked in Istanbul two weeks ago.  Maybe Sky’s birds migrated south for the winter?

Maybe, they’ve abandoned Sky along with all the passengers taking overland tours/other routes home? 😉 Or maybe they decided to fly the original route via the Med 😉 😂  Not sure I’d want a rutting boar in my bathroom 🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

Birds still on Star. Have also heard ocean waves.

Will now listen for the boar and anything else they are adding.

There was a very confused but helpful man on the Star in November who sought out a crew member to report he had searched everywhere and could not find the source of the water leak in the men’s room.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Have you checked with Neptune?  I’ve heard they get everything. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Posted (edited)

These are being kept on Deck A on Viking Star, they are recorded every day at 11 am and the result played in restrooms throughout the ship

IMG_9480.jpeg

Edited by shipboy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

I have heard what I would call a "snorting" boar which to me was a very suspect sound in the public facilities.

I assumed that was a recording of a sea lion or walrus when I heard it on Jupiter last year.

• Like 2

I love the bird sounds and hope they will be on Neptune when we embark in August for our 20th cruise with Viking. (Ocean & River) 

Perhaps ONE person has complained and as is the norm these days in the UK ,that person gets their way.  Hope it’s not the Viking way.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WanderingBrit said:

I assumed that was a recording of a sea lion or walrus when I heard it on Jupiter last year.

Your extremely charitable interpretation does you great credit! 🍺🥌

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, millybess said:

Have you checked with Neptune?  I’ve heard they get everything. 

We have birds but not in every bathroom. I believe the living room is rushing water. I suppose that since we’re on the Neptune we have all the sounds. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Heard birds on the Saturn and other ships we have sailed.  However in one bathroom on a ship i cannot recall name i heard barnyard like animals including the snorting sound which i thought was a pig.