Jim_Iain - B2B Sydney - Honolulu - Vancouver

Jim_Iain

I am enjoying following along and your photos are beautiful!! We are doing Vancouver to Honolulu in September. And we  rented a car in Hilo and plan on doing a big driving day and plan to see some of the places that have been mentioned here !! 
I am curious if you brought your own snorkel gear or did you rent?? 

12 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

A small extract from my Video of the Day on my YouTube Channel "Travel with Jim_Iain"

I finally got to try out my GoPro underwater.   

loved it...loved the music!

hope you had fun!

12 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Lover our time there. 

IMG_4898.thumb.jpeg.5bda0b6ff1a7fe76a93ad546c05557c8.jpeg

IMG_4902.thumb.jpeg.5daf9d93770f49493420e29af6710070.jpeg

IMG_4903.thumb.jpeg.c6a97d071e18862ffa5f26827d3411d0.jpeg

All so incredible  ..  What is your opinion about the condition of the coral? 

Lots of work is  being done in Fla (Marine Mote) on coral health and re growth..  Good friend's dtr, a marine biologist is doing some international lectures on Reef rehab....very much needed!

I'm going a bit off topic myself - 

Many of you that have a problem sleeping due to noise, snoring or just a busy head know that I have used Bose Sleep Buds.   About 2 years ago they dropped to product and discontinued production.

I personally love the device -   They use a process of noise masking vs noise cancellation of many products.

image.thumb.png.469c1cb11d5c8669dc01213420bea898.png

Bose sold the technology to a group of employees and they started to design a totally new replacement --  using the same footprint of the Bose Sleepbud.

The new Company OZLO Sleepbuds are finally here.  

https://ozlosleep.com/

About a year ago I signed up for Crowd Funding to bring the product to market.  Iain' been telling my for months I was scammed...    They are finally released to funders and pre-orders.    I just got a notification mine were delivered to my home -   Will give a review when I get home.

These look identical to the Bose Product but unlike Bose as a Stand Alone bud these can play anything - music, books etc in addition to sounds.

image.thumb.png.799bdc8b4035807a845d1b2662e208ba.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 4

11 hours ago, mauimary said:

Jim…I’m so glad you and Iain made it to the Coffee Shack.  It’s one of those don’t miss kind of experiences.  I’m going to have to get one of those dry cappuccino when we are there in Sept. It looks divine.  

I’ve thorough enjoyed reading about your travels on the BI. It’s one of our favorite places. 

We loved it so much I have a feeling we may be back again today.   Not much planned.  I looked up a couple candidates for hiking today and thought we may just go back for lunch again today.

• Like 5

Jim you are a wealth of info... ahead of the curve! 

I won't need these  sleep buds as I sleep quite well but now only 7 hrs per night...old age!

Edited by hcat
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, sdnich said:

I am enjoying following along and your photos are beautiful!! We are doing Vancouver to Honolulu in September. And we  rented a car in Hilo and plan on doing a big driving day and plan to see some of the places that have been mentioned here !! 
I am curious if you brought your own snorkel gear or did you rent?? 

I bought a relatively inexpensive set at Walmart's.   I plan on leaving it in the trunk of the rental.  May be you will get a big surprise.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, hcat said:

loved it...loved the music!

hope you had fun!

The part that takes me the longest in producing a movie is to find some music that works.   The big restriction is that YouTube and others do a copyright check to make sure the music isn't copyrighted.    CapCut has a huge library but so much of it is geared to the 18-25 age group or kinda wonky.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, hcat said:

All so incredible  ..  What is your opinion about the condition of the coral? 

Lots of work is  being done in Fla (Marine Mote) on coral health and re growth..  Good friend's dtr, a marine biologist is doing some international lectures on Reef rehab....very much needed!

It was in pretty good shape but nearest the shore the is lots of algae which I understand does major damage to coral.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Many of you that have a problem sleeping due to noise, snoring or just a busy head know that I have used Bose Sleep Buds.   About 2 years ago they dropped to product and discontinued production.

I personally love the device -   They use a process of noise masking vs noise cancellation of many products.

Bose sold the technology to a group of employees and they started to design a totally new replacement --  using the same footprint of the Bose Sleepbud.

About a year ago I signed up for Crowd Funding to bring the product to market.  Iain' been telling my for months I was scammed...    They are finally released to funders and pre-orders.    I just got a notification mine were delivered to my home -   Will give a review when I get home.

These look identical to the Bose Product but unlike Bose as a Stand Alone bud these can play anything - music, books etc in addition to sounds.

I swear by my Bose sleepbuds and was concerned about what would happen if they ever failed.  Pillow over my DH's face? 🤫. I saw your earlier post on the Ozlo - and keep seeing them pop up on my IG, so I'm glad they are finally delivering them.  I'm looking forward to hearing your review on them.

~Bernadette

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

l just shared this with my wife and she is VERY excited to hear your review.

10 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

The part that takes me the longest in producing a movie is to find some music that works.   The big restriction is that YouTube and others do a copyright check to make sure the music isn't copyrighted.    CapCut has a huge library but so much of it is geared to the 18-25 age group or kinda wonky.

I am sorry Jim I can not remember the name of a website I used for music for my voice over business, unfortunately that has been put on the back burner because Covid didn't play nice with my voice and lungs. Lungs are back, voice is still off and not consistent. It was four years ago this past March that my wife and I both got it, while we were enjoying a staycation.

I will keep trying to find the website for you, I felt the price was good for their offerings and they had a lot to offer. I believe they have the usual buy for one month or buy for a year for less.

1 hour ago, Ciaranaman said:

I swear by my Bose sleepbuds and was concerned about what would happen if they ever failed.  Pillow over my DH's face? 🤫. I saw your earlier post on the Ozlo - and keep seeing them pop up on my IG, so I'm glad they are finally delivering them.  I'm looking forward to hearing your review on them.

~Bernadette

I had purchased  a backup pair on Ebay just in case.    I've been using every night on the cruise.  I often only use one with my other ear buried in a pillow.

Will be interesting to see how the new ones work out.    They are also coming with 2  sleep sound and relaxation sites with a  one year free subscription

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I had purchased  a backup pair on Ebay just in case.    I've been using every night on the cruise.  I often only use one with my other ear buried in a pillow.

Will be interesting to see how the new ones work out.    They are also coming with 2  sleep sound and relaxation sites with a  one year free subscription

Add me to the club of Sleepbuds fans…every night or I don’t sleep, also often wonder what I’d do if they started to fail…your review can’t come soon enough lol. Keeping my fingers crossed that they work well for you and come with a positive recommendation and don’t break my bank 😬 

Thanks for the update and as well for this wonderful blog! 
Cathy

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

huh.. forget about copyright issues .

esp with all the AI nowadays..

thanks  for taking the time to produce the videos..

(and the coral info as well)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I have using the older model for about a year , they work better than any foam plugs that I have used before 

https://us.loopearplugs.com/products/quiet

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer

We just set sail for Vancouver.   Everyone must have been aboard early as we departed 30 minutes early.   Would not have been a good port to miss the ship.

Had an absolutely fantastic day in Hilo - But exhausted.   We took a hike that was a 'Gentle Hike".   We decided to take the loop back ----little did we know we departed on the trek from he11 across the lunar surface for the second half.  

Oh... well... I guess I won't get any more mileage out of Iain's navigation error on Hilo Day 1.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, gordylad said:

Jim Do the sleep buds help with tinnitus? I have tinnitus/pulsatile tinnitus so would take any recommendations?

Cheers

I also suffer from the same issue. Years ago I spoke to my audiologist about getting help with tinnitus and she said at that time they were having issues with the tinnitus increasing it's natural level as the devices tried to mask it. It sure is no fun.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Add me to the club of Sleepbuds fans…every night or I don’t sleep, also often wonder what I’d do if they started to fail…your review can’t come soon enough lol. Keeping my fingers crossed that they work well for you and come with a positive recommendation and don’t break my bank 😬 

Thanks for the update and as well for this wonderful blog! 
Cathy

I'm excited to check them out.     I have never done one ---but... may just to an UnBoxing Video.  

I had a neighbor pick up my mail to make sure they don't go missing.   

Everyone I know that got Sleepbuds swear by them...  The new ones purport to have everything that the original owner had requested.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, gordylad said:

Jim Do the sleep buds help with tinnitus? I have tinnitus/pulsatile tinnitus so would take any recommendations?

Cheers

I have hear some say yes.    I have  a friend that has tinnitus and he borrowed mine and said they helped but not cured   He said some of the sounds helped mask to ringing.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I have hear some say yes.    I have  a friend that has tinnitus and he borrowed mine and said they helped but not cured   He said some of the sounds helped mask to ringing.

There is no cure for tinnitus , 18 years and counting 

just need to learn to accept and try to ignore it 

• Like 6

Hi Jim, 

We left Kauai on April 29th. We now have five days at sea on our way to Victoria and ending in Vancouver just ahead of you. 
Explora Journey 1 has exceeded our expectations. I really think you would enjoy.

I will write a review when we get back. Cheers, Heather 

• Thanks 1

Yawn.   Just woke up.   It is so nice to sleep in.  Well kinda….turned our clocks toward again last night.  Had a tough time finding a city, as Fitbit doesn’t like just changing the time. 

Iain figured it out with the aid of Google.  Adak in the Aleutian Islands.      Just one last change tonight. 

• Like 1