ABC Islands beach question

Looking to do tours on 2 of these and a beach day on the 3rd. Which island (and location) for a beach day with 1) calm water and 2) easy entry to water?

While I much prefer Eagle Beach on Aruba, if you are looking for calm, it is Palm Beach. It’s like a lake. Eagle Beach is one of the top most beautiful beaches in the world and we love it there (have been going to Aruba for annual land vacay for almost 30 years), but the water is not calm. You can definitely go in it, but there will be waves. Enjoy whatever you decide!

• Like 2

Waves are less of a concern compared to easy entry -- we need a place with no big drop-offs -- I've heard from other that Eagle Beach has one, making it difficult to get in (and out of) the water. Can someone confirm?

I do not recall it being hard to enter or exit, but I also do not recall any significant waves, so maybe I’m wrong.  A lot of island beaches seem to have a two or three foot ridge of sand that can make it difficult to get a firm footing, especially when exiting.  

6 hours ago, Musigurl said:

Waves are less of a concern compared to easy entry -- we need a place with no big drop-offs -- I've heard from other that Eagle Beach has one, making it difficult to get in (and out of) the water. Can someone confirm?

No drop-off for most of Eagle Beach unless there has been a storm - then anything is possible. Palm Beach is much more people dense (crowded) and has a lot more activities. I recommend the center of Eagle Beach as the nicest. Asked to be dropped off at the Bucuti or Manchebo Resort and just walk towards the water. Check out a map of Aruba.

2 hours ago, billc23 said:

No drop-off for most of Eagle Beach unless there has been a storm - then anything is possible. Palm Beach is much more people dense (crowded) and has a lot more activities. I recommend the center of Eagle Beach as the nicest. Asked to be dropped off at the Bucuti or Manchebo Resort and just walk towards the water. Check out a map of Aruba.

Have stayed at Bucuti and love that area of Eagle Beach. Do not recall a huge drop off, but ocean floor/beach topography can easily change.

Our favourite beach is on Bonaire resp. Klein Bonaire. Water Taxi to Klein Bonaire is in walking distance from the cruise port. Klein Bonaire is uninhabited and there are no amenities, so it's a paradise.

20191128_165317_resized.jpg

20191128_160640_resized.jpg

20191128_153228_resized.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Chrissi3010 said:

Our favourite beach is on Bonaire resp. Klein Bonaire. Water Taxi to Klein Bonaire is in walking distance from the cruise port. Klein Bonaire is uninhabited and there are no amenities, so it's a paradise.

20191128_165317_resized.jpg

20191128_160640_resized.jpg

20191128_153228_resized.jpg

Well that looks amazing…

We've been staying on Eagle Beach for the last 15 years. Honestly,  the beach can be different almost every day.  Some days are calm, and the water is easy to get into. Other days, there can be mild to substantial drop offs. There is no way to predict how it will be when you are there.  If you want chairs and umbrellas,  you need to be dropped off in the areas that have a vendor. These are located at Coco Loco, across the street from Chalet Suisse Restaurant,  and across the street from La Cabana.  None of the resorts will let you sit in their chairs, so be sure to go to a spot that will let you rent.

Take a 15 minute cab from Curacao port to Blue Bay.

Beautiful beach with small entry fee that includes chairs and umbrella.

Food and bar onsite.

Ask the driver to take a three minute diversion to see the nearby pond loaded with flamingoes.

Arrange your pickup time with the same cab.

• Like 2

On 4/4/2024 at 8:45 AM, foodsvcmgr said:

Take a 15 minute cab from Curacao port to Blue Bay.

Beautiful beach with small entry fee that includes chairs and umbrella.

Food and bar onsite.

Ask the driver to take a three minute diversion to see the nearby pond loaded with flamingoes.

Arrange your pickup time with the same cab.

I agree , Blue Bay Resort was beautiful.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2024 at 5:16 AM, billc23 said:

Palm Beach is much more people dense

When we went with my son( who worked in Aruba) in 2000, we had to pay to get on to Palm Island.

Posted (edited)
Just now, upwarduk said:

When we went with my son( who worked in Aruba) in 2000, we had to pay to get on to Palm Island.

Palm Beach is a public beach where the "high rise" hotels are located so it is more crowded than Eagle Beach. Palm Island is a tourist location/(trap) that you pay for to experience a resort like stay. If you are staying for a week or more on Aruba at a relaxing place and you need other activities, then a day on Palm Island may be what you are looking for, but the Aruba public beaches are where the natural beauty can be found. Baby Beach was also recommended above and it is a quiet place with easy snorkeling. 

If you go to a beach on one of the other ABC islands, then the ABC Jeep tour in Aruba is fun for a day trip.

Edited by billc23

Posted (edited)
On 4/4/2024 at 6:35 AM, Chrissi3010 said:

We also enjoyed the beautiful Klein Bonaire which we did with a Celebrity excursion as cruising had just resumed during the pandemic and we needed to do a Celebrity excursion to get off the ship in Bonaire. How much does it cost per person roundtrip if doing the water taxi on our own? How often does the water taxi run?

Edited by TourDeCruise

2 hours ago, TourDeCruise said:

We also enjoyed the beautiful Klein Bonaire which we did with a Celebrity excursion as cruising had just resumed during the pandemic and we needed to do a Celebrity excursion to get off the ship in Bonaire. How much does it cost per person roundtrip if doing the water taxi on our own? How often does the water taxi run?

It's 25 $ for a roundtrip. They usually do 4 Trips  to Klein Bonaire and 4 to return.

https://www.watertaxikleinbonaire.com/locations/water-taxi-nautico-marina/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chrissi3010 said:

It's 25 $ for a roundtrip. They usually do 4 Trips  to Klein Bonaire and 4 to return.

https://www.watertaxikleinbonaire.com/locations/water-taxi-nautico-marina/

Thank you, much appreciated. This is good to know in case we want to go back there in November when we are on a Celebrity cruise with ABCs on the itinerary.

• Like 1