Can you order food from Tuscan in Luminae (on the Millennium)?

zitsky

Since Luminae is right above Tuscan on the Millennium, would they let you order anything from the Tuscan menu, and save you the $55 per person charge for pasta?  Does Luminae have any pasta dishes on the menu?

We were on sister ship a couple weeks ago , one night had pasta on menu , I am positive you can’t order from Tuscan, if you are in a royal or penthouse you can eat in all the specialty restaurants for free . 

• Like 1

No.    If you want food from a Specialty you have to go to the Specialty.   Luminae have a couple pasta dishes on the menu but not of the same as Tuscan.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Since Luminae is right above Tuscan on the Millennium, would they let you order anything from the Tuscan menu, and save you the $55 per person charge for pasta?  Does Luminae have any pasta dishes on the menu?

You can’t be serious😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

You can’t be serious😎

Beat me to it.   It's a paid for restaurant. Not a buffet. 

Edited by Pushka
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pushka said:

Beat me to it.   It's a paid for restaurant. Not a buffet. 

Oh thank god.  I am serious and don’t call me Shirley.

Look every other post about Luminae is “can I get ABC from the main dining room”.  So is it a stretch to ask about the restaurant directly below you?

Doesn’t Celebrity know who I am???

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

So is it a stretch to ask about the restaurant directly below you?

Yes

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Doesn’t Celebrity know who I am???

No

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Yes

No

Look if I can get a banana split in Luminae, then chicken parmigiana can’t be that hard.  Do I really have to go down one flight of stairs?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Look if I can get a banana split in Luminae, then chicken parmigiana can’t be that hard.  Do I really have to go down one flight of stairs?

Yes, down 1 deck and pay the specialty dining fee. Your question doesn’t get any less inane the more times you ask it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Yes, down 1 deck and pay the specialty dining fee. Your question doesn’t get any less inane the more times you ask it. 

I’ll let you ask all the inane questions about what can they order from the MDR.  That will keep you busy.

14 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I’ll let you ask all the inane questions about what can they order from the MDR.  That will keep you busy.

No thanks. That’s clearly your lane. I’ll stick to asking reasonable questions. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Most times in Luminae (well it used to be this way......not sure it still is) you can, with 24 hours notice, order a special meal to be prepared.  I have, in the past, requested chicken parm and pasta.  Did it come from Tuscan?  No.  Was it tasty and well prepared?  Sometimes yes and sometimes no!  Of course, this is all "maitre'd and chef" dependent.  Some are more accommodating than others.

Edited by jcpc
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, zitsky said:

Does Luminae have any pasta dishes on the menu?

Yes. Probably every night. Some of them are meatless, some of them aren't. They've all been very good in our experience.

Can't imagine that you could order from Tuscan, regardless of proximity. That would be like going into Capital Grill on 51st and asking for the tuna carpaccio from Le Bernadin. They're across the street from each other...  🙂

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, markeb said:

Yes. Probably every night. Some of them are meatless, some of them aren't. They've all been very good in our experience.

Can't imagine that you could order from Tuscan, regardless of proximity. That would be like going into Capital Grill on 51st and asking for the tuna carpaccio from Le Bernadin. They're across the street from each other...  🙂

Are they on the same cruise ship, one floor away?

I’ll ask what they have in Luminae.  Husband wants to go to Tuscan once.  I don’t think it’s worth $55 a person.

Edited by zitsky

7 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I’ll ask what they have in Luminae.  Husband wants to go to Tuscan once.  I don’t think it’s worth $55 a person.

It’s def not worth $55…however we very much enjoy it so we watch for discounts precruise and book then or check for discounts once onboard. You may be able to book it for the first night discount if it’s not already sold out on your sailing. Check your cruise planner. I like Tuscan on the S class ships, eating at the window watching sail away 😋 😊 

Cathy

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

It’s def not worth $55…however we very much enjoy it so we watch for discounts precruise and book then or check for discounts once onboard. You may be able to book it for the first night discount if it’s not already sold out on your sailing. Check your cruise planner. I like Tuscan on the S class ships, eating at the window watching sail away 😋 😊 

Cathy

I see your point.  I liked Eden on the Beyond for the view of the wake.  On Eclipse, I recall large windows in Tuscan but we were sitting where there wasn't any view.  Maybe we'll book it on the first day or when there is a discount.

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

So your point is that you would like to have the food without having to pay for it? Good luck with that. 

The best thing about Tuscan, is not the food, but the view.

It’s not, in my opinion, worth a $50 upcharge for pasta otherwise.

If he wants to try Tuscan, get the whole experience and dine there

On the M-Class the view from Tuscan is no better than the view from Luminae.  The best Tuscan views are on the S-Class where Tuscan has the wake view. 

@zitsky Not everyone follows all your post and recognizes that a majority of your post are in Jest.   But to answer you question, as other said, no you cannot order from the Tuscan menu in Luminae.  You can take with the Luminae Maitre'd and see if a menu item, e.g. chicken parmesan, can be prepared for you with a day or two advance notice.

Also looking at the new Luminae menu's. I am seeing Rigitoni Arrabbiata, Potato Mezzaluna Pasta, Spicy Crab Spaghetti, Fresh Homemade Fettuiccine, Beef ricotta Ravioli, Ricotta Cavatetti, Lignuine-Atle Vongole, Spaghetti Carbonara, and Bucatini Roasted Turbot all on the menu. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gerif said:

So your point is that you would like to have the food without having to pay for it? Good luck with that. 

I know it must be confusing when I wrote “I’m on an expensive cruise but I don’t want to pay for anything.  People are always asking what they can order in Luminae from the MDR.  I’m a freeloader and want to know what I can get from Tuscan for free.”

Thanks for giving me a chance to clarify my post.  I appreciate it.

Fortunately the President of Celebrity reads this forum. She knows as someone who has booked a Sky Suite twice that Celebrity needs my business to keep the company afloat.  So she has generously allowed us to pay for our meals in Tuscan for the entire length of our cruise.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

On the M-Class the view from Tuscan is no better than the view from Luminae.  The best Tuscan views are on the S-Class where Tuscan has the wake view. 

@zitsky Not everyone follows all your post and recognizes that a majority of your post are in Jest.   But to answer you question, as other said, no you cannot order from the Tuscan menu in Luminae.  You can take with the Luminae Maitre'd and see if a menu item, e.g. chicken parmesan, can be prepared for you with a day or two advance notice.

Also looking at the new Luminae menu's. I am seeing Rigitoni Arrabbiata, Potato Mezzaluna Pasta, Spicy Crab Spaghetti, Fresh Homemade Fettuiccine, Beef ricotta Ravioli, Ricotta Cavatetti, Lignuine-Atle Vongole, Spaghetti Carbonara, and Bucatini Roasted Turbot all on the menu. 

Thank you for that.  

When you ask a question people can say “no it doesn’t work like that” or they can get their panties in a twist.  People around here ask for just about anything.  I know from seeing it that in the Retreat they go out of their way to take care of you.

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

I know from seeing it that in the Retreat they go out of their way to take care of you.

YES, but  there is a limit to their hospitality and food from a specialty restaurant without paying to dine is a specialty restaurant seems to be beyond that limit.  Maybe if you were in the Penthouse or Royal Suite with included Specialty dining you might be able to pull it off.  Then again why would you since you could go to that restaurant and enjoy the ambience there.

• Like 1

And on S class Blu is right next to Murano - so I guess I should be asking if I can order Dover Sole in Blu.  Geez.  Come on now.  There's reasonable requests and then...........well, things like this.

51 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

And on S class Blu is right next to Murano - so I guess I should be asking if I can order Dover Sole in Blu.  Geez.  Come on now.  There's reasonable requests and then...........well, things like this.

If my question is your biggest problem in life, then you should be grateful.  

The only thing I ever asked for in Luminae was a banana split, but I now see what a burden that was for the staff.  

I know they try to take care of you because I listened and watched as they ran all over the ship to “take care of” one particular demanding customer.

9 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I am seeing Rigitoni Arrabbiata, Potato Mezzaluna Pasta, Spicy Crab Spaghetti, Fresh Homemade Fettuiccine, Beef ricotta Ravioli, Ricotta Cavatetti, Lignuine-Atle Vongole, Spaghetti Carbonara, and Bucatini Roasted Turbot all on the menu.

You are making me hungry, John.

All I ever thought to special order in Luminae was onion rings.  In hind sight what was I thinking?!?  But with 24 hours notice those Luminae onion rings came out damn good.👍 

IMHO if afforded the opportunity to sail in The Retreat on M and S class ships I will skip the specialties and stick with Luminae.