A Nice Feature - Attire For Each Evening

Keith1010

On our previous cruises with New Crystal I had not seen this before in "my account".

For an upcoming cruise I now see under my reservations (this would be within 120 days of your cruise) a tab at the top that says "View Itinerary Dress Code".  It provides the evening attire for each evening of the cruise.

Keith

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

Thanks, Keith.  That's good to know.

When I look at my upcoming Serenity cruise, which is 15 days (actually, it's a B2B, 8 days and 7 days), every day is listed as "Resort Casual."  I thought that there would be one formal night on the 8 day segment, right?  Does that mean I won't have to starch and press my cummerbund?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, skybluewaters said:

When I look at my upcoming Serenity cruise, which is 15 days (actually, it's a B2B, 8 days and 7 days), every day is listed as "Resort Casual."  I thought that there would be one formal night on the 8 day segment, right?  Does that mean I won't have to starch and press my cummerbund?

It is my understanding that an 8 day cruise is a "maybe". For example, if there's just one sea day, but it happens to fall on the last day of the cruise, they won't schedule a formal-optional for that night.

Patty

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, skybluewaters said:

When I look at it, June 25 shows as formal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We will be cruising on 3 cruises BTB on the Serenity starting May 5.  This will be our first cruise on new Crystal after cruising more than 250 nights on the old Crystal.  I just saw the dress code for the entire 3 segments (each one 11-12 nights) and they all say “Resort Casual”.  Seems like that is an error since we have multiple days at sea on each segment and it is the revised end of the World Cruise.  I don’t want to pack incorrectly but in a quandary as to what is the correct dress code.  Anyone have any insight?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, naplessailor said:

I don’t want to pack incorrectly but in a quandary as to what is the correct dress code.  Anyone have any insight?

I always bring a black dress or pantsuit and bling. You can't miss that way

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, naplessailor said:

We will be cruising on 3 cruises BTB on the Serenity starting May 5.  This will be our first cruise on new Crystal after cruising more than 250 nights on the old Crystal.  I just saw the dress code for the entire 3 segments (each one 11-12 nights) and they all say “Resort Casual”.  Seems like that is an error since we have multiple days at sea on each segment and it is the revised end of the World Cruise.  I don’t want to pack incorrectly but in a quandary as to what is the correct dress code.  Anyone have any insight?

That makes no sense at all. I suggest you email Crystal and question it. 

It’s a whole new technology…. The website is using AI and millions of historical Paragon Pixel onboard photos to determine the best suggested dress code for each individual guest.  😆 

(In my case it just says, “Don’t bother, it’s hopeless either way” nightly.) 🤷🏻‍♂️ 😆 

Vince

• Haha 8

5 hours ago, naplessailor said:

This is who you can contact at Crystal. It is for on board guest services.

E-Mail address:  obgs@crystalcruises.com

List out all three voyages and ask which nights are formal.

Keith

We were also wondering about the dress code for our upcoming Symphony cruise.  I followed Keith's advice and emailed obgs@crystalcruises.com.  Received a very nice email the next day, apologizing/outlining when the cruise formal evenings would be ,and that this information would be reflected on our booking information in due time (which it now has been).

This will be our first cruise with Crystal and we are certainly impressed with the pre-cruise attention Crystal has provided.  We will be onboard in 10 days, and hopefully this attention to the passengers continues (as we are looking for a new "home").  The only drawback we anticipate is the small number of ships, thus, limited itineraries.

• Like 5

We took your recommendations and contacted the onboard guest services contact.  They informed us that we will have six formal optional nights.  I am glad I checked because my travel companion was going to go with all resort casual nights and would have felt “underdressed” on those nights.  Thank you Keith for your suggestion.  I hope they fix the glitch so this information is accurate.  It is a great feature on the website.  Looking forward to getting back on Serenity.

• Like 1

For my cruise, I am happy that all nights with exception of the formal nights, the suggested attire is “casual”. For the formal nights it says “black tie (optional”. This is a trend in almost all cruiselines we are using now. Since we always have to fly to the port, it makes it easier for us not to take too many clothes. It is somehow modern this way. We like this trend. 

There might be others who would like to dress up more on the so called “casual” nights. I think that would not be a problem either. 😉

• Like 3

19 hours ago, TER777 said:

From another friend who is also on the cruise

So, it's two votes for a BTO night on June 25 and one vote against.

As Meatloaf melodiously said, two out of three ain't bad.

Time to search for the old cummerbund

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

18 minutes ago, skybluewaters said:

So, it's two votes for a BTO night on June 25 and one vote against.

As Meatloaf melodiously said, two out of three ain't bad.

Time to search for the old cummerbund

Make that three out of four. Mine also shows black tie optional.

Mr B won’t pack his tux for just one night. I’m glad you will!

• Like 1

On 4/16/2024 at 3:31 PM, travelberlin said:

For my cruise, I am happy that all nights with exception of the formal nights, the suggested attire is “casual”. For the formal nights it says “black tie (optional”. This is a trend in almost all cruiselines we are using now. Since we always have to fly to the port, it makes it easier for us not to take too many clothes. It is somehow modern this way. We like this trend. 

There might be others who would like to dress up more on the so called “casual” nights. I think that would not be a problem either. 😉

On the one Formal Optional night on this cruise, the dress ran the gamut from Tuxes and Ball Gowns, through dark suits and dresses all the way down to "Did you look in the mirror before left your suite???" So yes, people are dressing as they wish.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

We are pleased with the continued updates to the Crystal website. The daily listing of casual vs. formal/optional suggested evening attire in My Account is a very helpful advance planning tool.

The advance listings of guest entertainers and special interest lecturers is also much appreciated. I am not familiar with any other cruise line that offers this type of advance information to its guests.

Rob

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, ryndam said:

We are pleased with the continued updates to the Crystal website. The daily listing of casual vs. formal/optional suggested evening attire in My Account is a very helpful advance planning tool.

The advance listings of guest entertainers and special interest lecturers is also much appreciated. I am not familiar with any other cruise line that offers this type of advance information to its guests.

Rob

Yes! I was just checking our upcoming sailing and noted that we had an Umi reservation for a “formal” evening…quickly and easily changed it🩵

• Like 1