Does Princess have Veterans Meetings??

STLCARDS82

Hi, I've only been on CC a year and I'm not had a chance to try Princess yet..

Does Princess have a meet and Greet for the Military?...Or a Special Event?

One time I was on carnival and they had the veterans meet and greet during teatime and talk about a crazy event!!

Thanks

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, STLCARDS82 said:

Hi, I've only been on CC a year and I'm not had a chance to try Princess yet..

Does Princess have a meet and Greet for the Military?...Or a Special Event?

One time I was on carnival and they had the veterans meet and greet during teatime and talk about a crazy event!!

Thanks

Yes. They usually have at least one. On a longer cruise, they may have one each week. Princess often provides free "champagne" (or at least something that looks something like champagne).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, they have a meet and greet every cruise and also provide an onboard credit if you are a veteran. You do need to provide your DD214 but once it’s in the system, you will continue to get the credit for every cruise without needing to provide additional documentation. A former CEO was ex-military and was pro-veteran (but as time goes on, those benefits are eroding so grab them now when you can!)

We have met some wonderful people, some from other countrie, and have heard some great stories from the veterans’ get together.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

According to multiple posts by @PescadoAmarillo her husband, G, attends them on many cruises so I have to assume that they are actually held frequently. I see them listed in the Patter all the time. (Being listed in the Patter doesn't mean things actually have anybody show up but I'm guessing that the veteran's meetings do indeed have attendees. I've heard that some meetings often have nobody show up and other meetings have a lot of people show up. On our last cruise we were in Take Five way early for the music and somebody asked why had so many people were there way in advance of the music and were told it was the LGBTQ meeting.)

Sometimes a meeting (for whatever group) has a lot of people and sometimes nobody shows up. It depends on the cruise. I'm sure a Veteran's group meeting will be scheduled multiple times on the cruise but attendance can be hit or miss.

• Thanks 1

Yes, they always have at least one. Subsequent get togethers are usually spearheaded by the veterans themselves, particularly when the group just “clicks”. Photo:  102 year old WW2 veteran on a cruise last fall. 

IMG_2464.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

I know they used to...my SIL always liked to go to the meeting to talk with the older vets to hear their stories.  He served in the 90s and loved hearing how things had changed (or stayed the same.)

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Bummer. I missed the one on our recent Enchanted cruise. My wife is good at telling me when and where. I guess she missed it this time in the Patter. 

Edited by doghog
  • Thanks 1

DH always goes to Vet's get-togethers and enjoys them.  Some have better attendance than others.  Princess does a good job.  NCL does also, and actually gives out some "Bling" to the vets...a commemorative coin and on our most recent NCL cruise last fall, the ship also had a photographer present and took photos of the vets and their spouses or SO's at the event.  We actually ended up getting a 5x7 photo, which was a nice touch.

The Military Benefit Credit Princess provides is certainly appreciated, as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@STLCARDS82

yes, they usually have a veterans meet up and as others have said just look at your event listing/patter/newsletter once you get on board every day to see when it will be held.Or perhaps it’s on the daily app? My husband has attended a few when we have been onboard a Princess ship.
Also, if you don’t know already, you can get military onboard credit if you submit your paperwork to Princess and you only have to submit it one time ,not every time you cruise. I believe it’s your DD 214 ,but obviously check with Princess and see what you need to send in or how you send it . We did it along time ago and we don’t remember. ….

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

@STLCARDS82

yes, they usually have a veterans meet up and as others have said just look at your event listing/patter/newsletter once you get on board every day to see when it will be held.Or perhaps it’s on the daily app? My husband has attended a few when we have been onboard a Princess ship.
Also, if you don’t know already, you can get military onboard credit if you submit your paperwork to Princess and you only have to submit it one time ,not every time you cruise. I believe it’s your DD 214 ,but obviously check with Princess and see what you need to send in or how you send it . We did it along time ago and we don’t remember. ….

Thanks, When I recently booked..princess is now using ID.me but thanks for the great advice!!

7 hours ago, Jilliebean28 said:

We really enjoy going to the Veteran's get togethers.  Both my dh and I are veterans and have met so many nice people.  Love hearing everyones stories.

Like I mentioned in the original post was on a carnival ship in 2017-2018, when they had a veterans meeting that was different from the veterans event.. they held the veterans meeting during teatime and a bunch of us got a huge big table and when they came around to pour tea, one of the veterans said, give me a damn bottle of jack Daniels. It was crazy, but a lot of fun.... thank you and your husband for your Service!!! I was Army myself!!

21 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

@STLCARDS82

Guess I should have read your whole post first 🤣 

• Thanks 1

I have been going to the Veteran's meetups ever since I started cruising on Princess.  There are always veterans there that sometimes have very interesting stories to tell.  I never miss them.  On our last cruise on Emerald there were dozens of veterans present.  We are starting to see younger veterans present including women.  Thank you Princess for hosting the meetups and for the Veterans OBC.  We appreciate it.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On the last several Princess cruises there have been two veteran get together days/times posted on the apps "ship's journey section".  We have enjoyed going in the past and always meet some great people and hear some amazing stories 

• Like 1