Oceania Club Membership Pins

WESTEAST

Have recently read comments about Oceania Club member cap and tote bag received upon reaching a new level achievement e.g.  Bronze to Silver, Silver to Gold, etc.  Am curious what does everyone do with their Oceania Club membership pins given at each of these milestones?  Nice velvet box but have never worn them and right now our collection is growing in our drawer. To date, have never seen anyone onboard wearing them - perhaps Oceania can save $ by removing them and just stay with ball caps (no bags).

• Like 4

Each to their own. For those that wear jackets or blazers, I have seen newly acquired pins proudly displayed on those blazers. Then not so much until the next award. I have seen Diamond and Double Diamond wear theirs regularly.

When 80% of the ship are repeaters, perhaps the blue pin doesn’t mean as much. Afterwards, maybe more. Maybe obtaining Platinum status is a highlight of one’s entire career. They may feel more accomplished doing so than others and proudly display their pins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like the ball cap suggestion.  As to pins, DW used to toss all the pins, medallions, certificates, etc. into a basement storage drawer.  One day she was doing a major cleaning and all that stuff went into the trash.  After 18 cruise lines we had a nice collection, but always found that stuff too tacky for wearing.  

Hank

• Like 8

15 hours ago, WESTEAST said:

Have recently read comments about Oceania Club member cap and tote bag received upon reaching a new level achievement e.g.  Bronze to Silver, Silver to Gold, etc.  Am curious what does everyone do with their Oceania Club membership pins given at each of these milestones?  Nice velvet box but have never worn them and right now our collection is growing in our drawer. To date, have never seen anyone onboard wearing them - perhaps Oceania can save $ by removing them and just stay with ball caps (no bags).

We are silver.  Have never gotten a pin. Never got bronze hats. Maybe we'll get silver hats??? Will find out in November when we board ☺️

Just an opinion - but really who wants them, more important are the benefits you get at each level.  Wearing a pin on the ship is just saying "lookout me, I'm special", do you really want to know those people.  The crew know who you are and what status you happen to be...........

• Like 7

As with the tote bags and hats, we do not take ours home since we know that they will never be worn.  We leave them behind so that they can be given to someone else who may want them.  Personally, I feel that O could cut back on this type of swag since I don't think that many truly want this stuff.  The more important part of earning milestones are the perks associated with those milestones.  That's really all that I care about.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, ronrick1943 said:

Just an opinion - but really who wants them, more important are the benefits you get at each level.  Wearing a pin on the ship is just saying "lookout me, I'm special", do you really want to know those people.  The crew know who you are and what status you happen to be...........

You mean like the people that are regularly mentioning that they always book owners suites?🙄

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, ORV said:

You mean like the people that are regularly mentioning that they always book owners suites?🙄

No, because I never ever on the ship mention what suite we are in.  However people ask questions regarding the suite and perks or your preferences.  Big difference when you wear a pin on the ship.  Just saying.........

4 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

No, because I never ever on the ship mention what suite we are in.  However people ask questions regarding the suite and perks or your preferences.  Big difference when you wear a pin on the ship.  Just saying.........

That’s your point of view. I have no problem with people wearing their pins or hats signifying their level. Did you think I was referring to you about constantly mentioning being in an owners suite? I guess if the shoe fits. 

Maybe we should let everyone do what works for them without putting them down. 

• Like 3

I wear a hat regularly. I wear a hat to play golf, mow or work in the yard, keep the sun out of my eyes and not burn my head. I remove them indoors and always at meals. If you don’t like the hat, or never wear one fine, mine is ok and I like the price! 

• Like 3

For those of us that are follicle challenged the caps 🧢 are good for all the reasons Pinot mentioned. I have enough caps and hats to wear out and about depending on the weather. As for the pins they are put on a world map as a reminder of where and when we received them, with a small note with the date and ship. With the memory fading year after year they are a nice reminder.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Mrs f. said:

We are silver.  Have never gotten a pin. Never got bronze hats. Maybe we'll get silver hats??? Will find out in November when we board ☺️

They only provide when attaining your next level milestones and if memory serves right, these new Oceania swag of hats and bags only commenced a few years ago. That said we've always received pins.  If you don't receive in November and are interested, drop by the FCC office/desk and inquire. On Riviera last month we inquired when we would receive our hats and bags and coincidentally, both appeared with pins that night when we returned from dinner!  We use the ball caps but not keen on bags nor pins - have donated bags but not sure what to do about the pins that's why we asked. Like the bulletin board or world map ideas but have neither to pin 😀

53 minutes ago, WESTEAST said:

They only provide when attaining your next level milestones and if memory serves right, these new Oceania swag of hats and bags only commenced a few years ago. That said we've always received pins.  If you don't receive in November and are interested, drop by the FCC office/desk and inquire. On Riviera last month we inquired when we would receive our hats and bags and coincidentally, both appeared with pins that night when we returned from dinner!  We use the ball caps but not keen on bags nor pins - have donated bags but not sure what to do about the pins that's why we asked. Like the bulletin board or world map ideas but have neither to pin 😀

Friends on same cruise who also reached Bronze got theirs.  Oh well .. first world problems 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ORV said:

That’s your point of view. I have no problem with people wearing their pins or hats signifying their level. Did you think I was referring to you about constantly mentioning being in an owners suite? I guess if the shoe fits. 

Maybe we should let everyone do what works for them without putting them down. 

I don't really put them down (sorry if you think that, it wasn't my intention).  I just get tired of people that feel they are so important they have to let people know who they are through the ship.  "O" know who you happen to be, how much you cruise or spend.  I believe when you go on holiday/vacation you should spend as much as your budget allows and be happy with what you have.  Don't worry what other think, just have a good time.  Maybe you think the show fits, but that's your opinion and that's OK.  But if you or someone ask a question, expect an answer or don't ask.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, clo said:

How do they even know you're in a suite?

Read a post from Izzy's Mom--"Considering a Owner Suite" (504 Views) in column #2 Post.

I wasn't posting, I was answering her question at the time.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, bob brown said:

Hey people!   Don't you realize that these pins are by far the most expensive jewelry I own?

(As in the fares paid to obtain them)....😁

True dat!

I wonder how people would react if, on the last night of their cruise, when they returned to their cabin there was very high quality stationary with a note thanking them for their loyalty for "x" number of cruises. And that O is making a donation in their honor to a particular charity (do they have one that they publicly support?) That would please me.

42 minutes ago, clo said:

I wonder how people would react if, on the last night of their cruise, when they returned to their cabin there was very high quality stationary with a note thanking them for their loyalty for "x" number of cruises. And that O is making a donation in their honor to a particular charity (do they have one that they publicly support?) That would please me.

I guess most people who receive the current items that don’t hang out on CC and enjoy getting them would not be happy and stomp down to main desk to complain wildly.