Infinity AquaClass Sky suite upgrade worth it?

Booked on Greek islands cruise for August in a Sky suite. Just had an email about upgrades and to move from Sky to AquaClass Sky seems relatively cheap compared to the other options. They seem to be a new category so wondering if anyone has been in one and can highlight any major benefits from bidding for an upgrade?

It is basically a Sky Suite with Aqua class benefits.  "Worth it" would be up to you if you like the benefits associated with Aqua class staterooms.

From the Celebrity website:

Introducing our Aqua Sky Suites, which combine our well-being inspired AquaClass experience with exclusive spaces, services, and amenities of The Retreat® to leave you more renewed than ever.

Unless you are into spas not much benefit, imo. 

The Persian Garden area of the spa is nowhere near as nice as on the S class ships.  You get a few free fitness classes.  Dining in Blu is on a space available basis and you can order off the Blu menu in Luminae so no real benefit.  Depending upon which AQ Sky Suite you get you could have a slightly larger balcony than a regular Sky Suite.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Number34 said:

Booked on Greek islands cruise for August in a Sky suite. Just had an email about upgrades and to move from Sky to AquaClass Sky seems relatively cheap compared to the other options. They seem to be a new category so wondering if anyone has been in one and can highlight any major benefits from bidding for an upgrade?

Could you share what is your definition of “cheap”, please?

If you use the spa a lot it may be worth it. But compare price of spa pass.

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

Unless you are into spas not much benefit, imo. 

The Persian Garden area of the spa is nowhere near as nice as on the S class ships.  You get a few free fitness classes.  Dining in Blu is on a space available basis and you can order off the Blu menu in Luminae so no real benefit.  Depending upon which AQ Sky Suite you get you could have a slightly larger balcony than a regular Sky Suite.

You can order from Blu in Luminae on M class?

Sounds like you received a similar MoveUp offer to the one we did for our March sailing. Compared to the offer minimum bids, the Aqua Sky Suite was the least amount from our initially chosen Aqua cabin. We decided not to bother as I thought the amount, once doubled as it’s pp, was better spent on our ports instead. We had Blu and it meant we’d really be paying for a slightly larger room; every time we went past the Retreat Lounge, Michael’s Club, it was empty, so I don’t think that would have interested us either. Additionally, you don’t get the upgrading CC points. Obviously, it’s personal choice but we decided against it. In fact, we’ve used the money for an extra cruise later this year 😉.

5 hours ago, Pushka said:

You can order from Blu in Luminae on M class?

I don’t why folks want to do this.  If they don’t like the restaurant or the lounge or the sundeck I guess people just care about a bigger room?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, jelayne said:

We have many times.  

I believe you and I have had this discussion before or maybe it was someone else.

Whether or not you can order of he Blu menu in Luminae is up to the Luminae Maitre’d. It is not a given and varies from ship to ship, Maitre’d to Maitre’d.  

On our Millennium Panama Canal East to West cruise last year we were told explicitely that we could not order off the Blu menu.  The Luminae Maitre’d said it would be too disruptive.  He said that if I could tell him the day before what item off the Blu menu I would like he would see if the chef could prepare it for us. 

To us the best thing about the Aqua Sky Suits on the M-Class is that of a separate shower and bath tub on 6145 and 6146.

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I don’t why folks want to do this.  If they don’t like the restaurant or the lounge or the sundeck I guess people just care about a bigger room?

Just maybe the Blu menu on a particular night appeals more than what is offered in Luminae. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

To us the best thing about the Aqua Sky Suits on the M-Class is that of a separate shower and bath tub on 6145 and 6146.

But those are just 2 of many cabins in that class.  In the past most of these cabins were in the S1 category as they were considered to have specific features or locations better than the other Sky Suites which used to be S2.

To me the upgrade would be worth no more than maybe $20-$30 pp/pd.

1 hour ago, Pushka said:

Just maybe the Blu menu on a particular night appeals more than what is offered in Luminae. 

I’ve seen that comment more than once from someone who doesn’t like Luminae.  Not just on one night.  I suppose they want a bigger cabin.  If I felt that way, consistently, I would find another cruise line.

The cabins that are on the angle have larger balconies.   The cabins are also about 3 to 4 ft deeper.   I know this as we were in one for a B2B cruise and had to change to another SS that wasn’t on the angle.  We could immediately see the  difference.  

The Persian Gardens on the M class aren’t the same as o. The E and S class.   There is no heated loungers.   It has a heated bench inside a room with no windows.   Like being in dungeon.

Being able to dine in Blu is no big deal because in Luminae on the M class you can order from any menu.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, miched said:

Being able to dine in Blu is no big deal because in Luminae on the M class you can order from any menu.  

I keep reading this but I was told NO when i tried.  I am pretty sure it is at the discretion of the Luminae Maitre’d .. I wish people would not make an unqualified statement like this if it is not 100% true in all cases. 

I plan to put this to test tonight on the Millennium. 

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, zitsky said:

I’ve seen that comment more than once from someone who doesn’t like Luminae.  Not just on one night.  I suppose they want a bigger cabin.  If I felt that way, consistently, I would find another cruise line.

I've never been in Luminae, so I don't know. We've been in Aqua and therefore Blu on two cruises. We like to vary what we eat. Main dining room if something appeals, Blu, or even the buffet. It's about choice on the night. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I keep reading this but I was told NO when i tried.  I am pretty sure it is at the discretion of the Luminae Maitre’d .. I wish people would not make an unqualified statement like this if it is not 100% true in all cases. 

We were on the Constellation in Mar and we were able to order from any menu.  Every night our server would bring us all 3 menus and we never asked for them.  Is it the Maitre’d or the server.     Call me a liar??   I am giving my experience.  I don’t make up stuff  just to make it up.   Whenever we were on a M class in Luminae we could always order from the other menus.  They also use to have  the menus in Michaels Club. Why would they do that if you couldn’t order off of them?    I don’t know if they still do because of the app.  

Your comment  could apply to anything.   I could say we were able to get a certain liquor on the premium drink pack.    Is it across the board?   The other ships may not carry it.  Am I wrong for saying that?     I could say that our butler provided us with ….   Is it across the board?   Don’t know.   Can just report on my experience. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

3 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Well how in the heck can one say it's 100% true or not in "all cases" if we can only reference the cruise(s) we have been on.  When I was on the Summit, my waiter in Luminae brought me all menus each night, I never asked him to, and I ordered from each.  My friend ordered drinks that were above her package price, he never upcharged her.  I hope you experience the same tonight when you "put this to the test".  But if you don't it doesn't mean it didn't happen for me.  

@miched  I never said it did not happen to you, I simple stated that it is not a 100% certainty that it can be done.  

@Liao Similar things have happened to us.  We were given a bottle of wine that was supposed to be charged to our account but never was.  

My whole point is that while people have been able to order off the Blu menu in Luminae it is come that may continue to happen, but it is not something that someone should count on as a certainty.  

Posted (edited)

@miched  I never said it did not happen to you, I simple stated that it is not a 100% certainty that it can be done.  

@Liao Similar things have happened to us.  We were given a bottle of wine that was supposed to be charged to our account but never was.  

My whole point is that while people have been able to order off the Blu menu in Luminae it is come that may continue to happen, but it is not something that someone should count on as a certainty.  

Following your current live report. We are doing similar cruise next year and this time splurged for suite. So never dined in Luminae but have in Aqua. Are the meals in Luminae much better than MDR (I know they are different to Aqua) and if so, can you describe the style of food? Thankyou. 

Edited by Pushka

Sounds like it’s ship specific. Your experience, if I’m reading correctly, is limited to a Millennium sailing. Others are giving examples of the remaining three ships and the thread is about Infinity, which I can confirm as of less than two months an ago was allowing multiple menus in Blu and Luminae. 

24 minutes ago, Pushka said:

Following your current live report. We are doing similar cruise next year and this time splurged for suite. So never dined in Luminae but have in Aqua. Are the meals in Luminae much better than MDR (I know they are different to Aqua) and if so, can you describe the style of food? Thankyou. 

The biggest difference is the food in Luminae is prepared to order where as the meals in the MDR are pre-plated.  We really enjoy Luminae and I can honestly say that while we have had an occasional dish that was not to our liking, we’ve never had a bad meal and I cannot speak too highly about the service we received there.  

Full disclosure — we have not dined in the MDR since a year before the COVID shutdown so while things may have improved, we cannot report first hand observations. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

Sounds like it’s ship specific. Your experience, if I’m reading correctly, is limited to a Millennium sailing. Others are giving examples of the remaining three ships and the thread is about Infinity, which I can confirm as of less than two months an ago was allowing multiple menus in Blu and Luminae. 

You are correct.  This time last year on Millennium is the first time we ever thought about ordering off the Blu menu in Luminae and it was prompted by a report here on Cruise Critic that it could be done.   The Luminae Maitre’d was swamped tonight when we went to eat so I did not bother him.  I’ll try and ask tomorrow.  Just a point of interest, it is the same Maitre’d that said no last year. 

• Like 1