John Padgett announces 2026 Sky Princess solar eclipse cruise.

2 minutes ago, billco said:

Not all bad. My booking shows $500.00 Military OBC. BTW, I started a Roll Call for this cruise.

I saw that too, why is that?

1 minute ago, dreams_of_travel said:

I can't even get to the cabin type on the website.  I'll keep checking, and hope something opens up.

At 7:30am EST, I saw cabins available.  Some cabin were booked.

At 9:32am EST, my agent emailed me, she got my cabin booked.

At 10:10am EST, I went in to Find A Cruise, cruise showed Sold Out

At 10:30am EST, I was able to see type of cabins and cabin location.  Most of decks showed no cabin available and some were Reserve Now ( guarantee).

• Like 1

I was able to grab inside cabins for two of my clients...it was 230 central. With the deposits being refundable and due may 19th I have a feeling there will be some movement. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cristine said:

I saw that too, why is that?

I have a feeling there will be quite a few changes/updates in the coming weeks. I found out about it by looking at the website every morning just in case Princess posted early.

• Like 1

I had my calendar marked for next week. I missed it too. My travel agent is on hold to put us on the waitlist. This is the first new release since I became elite, but I didn’t get an email.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CTGirl said:

How did people know that this cruise was open to book?  Is it only open to Elites today?  My TA is waitlisting me.

My TA told me 23rd , unusual to post Elite a week early I think .

Curious about where the waitlist option appears on the website.  I did log into the site, and the previous "not available" cruises to Norway do show up now.  Not the cruise we are all stalking, so I was wondering where the waitlist option shows up.  Meanwhile I'm still salty about not getting an email.  Receiving it the night that a book opens up is not an acceptable marketing choice, IMO.   

15 minutes ago, dreams_of_travel said:

Curious about where the waitlist option appears on the website.  I did log into the site, and the previous "not available" cruises to Norway do show up now.  Not the cruise we are all stalking, so I was wondering where the waitlist option shows up.  Meanwhile I'm still salty about not getting an email.  Receiving it the night that a book opens up is not an acceptable marketing choice, IMO.   

I don't think waitlist shows up on the web site.  My TA called Princess and got me on it.

• Like 1

I am really upset about this cruise being sold out already!  I was under the impression that it was not open for bookings until May 22 at the earliest for elites.  Unfortunately, my travel agent is traveling and wouldn't return until May 21.  We were on the Emerald TSE cruise and wanted to do it again.  I will attempt to get on a waitlist somehow and hope for the best.  Of course, the cruise is over two years away.  Cunard has a similar cruise out of Southampton but I don't like their over-the-top formality.  Maybe another cruise line will offer something similar.  

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, ssawjo said:

I am really upset about this cruise being sold out already!  I was under the impression that it was not open for bookings until May 22 at the earliest for elites.  Unfortunately, my travel agent is traveling and wouldn't return until May 21.  We were on the Emerald TSE cruise and wanted to do it again.  I will attempt to get on a waitlist somehow and hope for the best.  Of course, the cruise is over two years away.  Cunard has a similar cruise out of Southampton but I don't like their over-the-top formality.  Maybe another cruise line will offer something similar.  

I agree that this "sold out" cruise being open as a free for all is annoying.  I will keep stalking the site, and hope it opens at some point even as a guarantee cabin.  For your situation, I would recommend doing the same to try to snag a cabin, which you can transfer to your travel agent later.  I frequently will grab a cabin during a flash sale, or Black Friday sale when my agent is not working, then transfer to her.  It all works out in the end.  

Edited by dreams_of_travel
spelling

2 minutes ago, ssawjo said:

Next time, book yourself online then you have 60 days to transfer to your agent.  You have to fill in a transfer form and send to Princess.  My agent fills in her portion, emails me it, I sign and send back to her and she sends to Princess.

Keep looking on Princess site,  some people might cancel

• Like 1

Still hopeful that it is a glitch. Sold out in less than half of the fist day of early bookings must be some kind of record 😄. Unless it was chartered?

2 minutes ago, phabric said:

Next time, book yourself online then you have 60 days to transfer to your agent.  You have to fill in a transfer form and send to Princess.  My agent fills in her portion, emails me it, I sign and send back to her and she sends to Princess.

Keep looking on Princess site,  some people might cancel

I would have booked it myself online IF I had known this was going to happen.  I have transferred the booking to my TA in the past.  I do agree that people will likely cancel for one reason or another.  I will get on the waitlist (I need two cabins) asap.  

• Like 1

I'm booked, TA emailed, she got an obstr. view balcony on Emerald Deck.  I had given her a list of cabin #s, I'd take.

I booked/cancelled the eclipse cruise this year so wanted to be in line to get a cabin on this one.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, dreams_of_travel said:

That "sold out" is ridiculous.  Also, where is the Elite email announcing this is open for booking?   I know my travel agent mentioned getting up at 6am PT (she's west coast) to see if it was open for booking, instead of waiting until 9amPT.  I guess we wait and see how this all shakes out.

I talked to a PVP yesterday since our travel agent is out this week. He told me he already had a list of his previous clients he was ready to book when it opened. I imagine that if lots of PVPs had similar lists, the bookings would be going fast and furious on their end.

I got myself up early and kept refreshing until the itinerary was available and I booked it myself. All the aft suites were already gone. I was lucky to get the cabin we wanted, at about 7:45am.

This is my first time booking as Elite and I never got any emails about early booking for past passengers. I only learned about today's opening date here on CC.

Edited by MJC
  • Like 2

Crazy it's listed as sold out.  Just checked because I'm booking a 7 day cruise after this one.  I don't like flying so far for a 14 day cruise.   I've done it, prefer not to, usually I'm doing a TA for one way.  Seven day goes to Scandinavia ports, just a little break.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, susancruzs said:

Crazy it's listed as sold out.  Just checked because I'm booking a 7 day cruise after this one.  I don't like flying so far for a 14 day cruise.   I've done it, prefer not to, usually I'm doing a TA for one way.  Seven day goes to Scandinavia ports, just a little break.

I'm considering booking the one before, or the one after.  I talk to my TA later today, and will see which is the better option. 

• Like 1

I've been elite for almost 2 years and have yet to receive an e-mail about early booking.  I also heard about it here on Cruise Critic and was able to book our desired cabin at about 7:40 a.m.  I too noticed that all the aft suites were gone.  I'm amazed but not totally surprised the cruise sold out so fast.   

They had previously announced that booking would open on May 23rd for Elite.  I did not get an email and I have been Elite for many years.  We shouldn't have to check Cruisecritic to determine when to book a cruise.  I am very disappointed in Princess!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sea&SkiCruiser said:

I just checked, the cruise is now open for booking--most cabin categories are available.  

I saw the same thing.  I was able to get the cabin I wanted.